It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: introvert

Absolutely brilliant observation.

Speaking of that, I've been meaning to ask you ... how would someone get into the business of promoting small websites?

I don't want to take the discussion off-topic here, so feel free to respond in PM.

Thanks in advance.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There you go again with the standard insulting ad-homs.

Great backup plan there.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: alphabetaone

a reply to: UKTruth

Well, you are lol.

It's not my default based upon your perception that I feel stupid, I don't because I'm right.

It's my default for calling a spade a spade.....you're a foreigner. US politics aren't your backyard. Your opinion on this particular conversation has no meaning or even any significant level of importance to the issue at hand. You want to be relevant? Become a citizen of the US...

Well, it does appear that a foreigner had to advise you of the ACTUAL criteria for declaring a President unfit and removing him form office. Perhaps you should brush up on your civics so as not to let foreigners educate you on your own country. Might be an idea...

Here we go, round and round again....simply because you refuse to answer a simple question.

I've known (likely for longer than you've been alive) what the law is regarding how a President can be impeached...that was not the question that I asked you which you continually refuse to answer.

The question I asked you was (since you're the consummate professional attempting to school another poster, who IS an actual citizen) what is your criteria for deeming a President unfit for office, not for the law regarding how a President can be impeached.

..and I told you... I would not like to add any criteria to the law. I'd rather not add more silly opinions to your silly opinions.

Bill Clinton lied publicly one time about getting sexual services ... and he got impeached for it.

How many times has Trump lied publicly about far, far more important matters???

Bill lied under oath. Come on now... you know that.
But let's deal with lying. If we are to call the President a liar in absolute terms as opposed to he lied about x, then every President in history and most human beings are liars. It's emotional clap trap to state such and hold a crazy view that a lie on twitter is grounds to declare a President unfit for office.
edit on 18/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: alphabetaone

UK seems to know more about American politics than you do.

LOL ... except, you know, the actual facts of American government and all.

Hey, are you familiar with the 25th Amendment?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well, you are lol.

It's not my default based upon your perception that I feel stupid, I don't because I'm right.

It's my default for calling a spade a spade.....you're a foreigner. US politics aren't your backyard. Your opinion on this particular conversation has no meaning or even any significant level of importance to the issue at hand. You want to be relevant? Become a citizen of the US...

Well, it does appear that a foreigner had to advise you of the ACTUAL criteria for declaring a President unfit and removing him form office. Perhaps you should brush up on your civics so as not to let foreigners educate you on your own country. Might be an idea...

Here we go, round and round again....simply because you refuse to answer a simple question.

I've known (likely for longer than you've been alive) what the law is regarding how a President can be impeached...that was not the question that I asked you which you continually refuse to answer.

The question I asked you was (since you're the consummate professional attempting to school another poster, who IS an actual citizen) what is your criteria for deeming a President unfit for office, not for the law regarding how a President can be impeached.

..and I told you... I would not like to add any criteria to the law. I'd rather not add more silly opinions to your silly opinions.

Bill Clinton lied publicly one time about getting sexual services ... and he got impeached for it.

Was he impeached for lying?

That's the point.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

There you go again with the standard insulting ad-homs.

Great backup plan there.

Insulting? You were talking about brilliance, I was asking for the benefit of some of yours ...

Geez. Never mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I thought one-liners were against the T&C on ATS....

Yet, that seems all you're really ever capable of....how is that?

I can say unequivocally, that he certainly does not...and your attempt to fan flames with your trollish behavior is not having it's intended effect.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well, you are lol.

That's the point.

No he wasn't. He as impeached for lying under oath.
What was that about knowing the rules?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I can say unequivocally, that he certainly does not...and your attempt to fan flames with your trollish behavior is not having it's intended effect.

Your list would imply that you don't know much about your own system of govt.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well, you are lol.

That's the point.

Hey, I'm surprised that with your penchant for nitpicking you missed the fact that lying is the key issue in that situation.

Haven't had time to Google the 25th Amendment yet?

Sad.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well, you are lol.

That's the point.

He as impeached for lying

that is the answer to the question....he was impeached for lying...under oath, not under oath, doesn't matter....the question was specific and the answer is specific....Was he impeached for lying? ... the answer to that is "yes"....you and your extraneous commentary is exhausting.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Ah the 25th amendment - never before used for anything on the silly list provided and general in terms, is the proof that Trump being a meanie is enough to declare him as unfit for office?

Thin. Very thin.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm going to give some folks here time to do some research into the basics we're discussing.

Have fun all.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I see.

So, what I say on some obscure forum is enough to glean what implications should be made about me, but what a President says at the official podium or in his tweets aren't enough to draw implications about him?

Double standard much?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well, you are lol.

That's the point.

He as impeached for lying

that is the answer to the question....he was impeached for lying...under oath, not under oath, doesn't matter....the question was specific and the answer is specific....Was he impeached for lying? ... the answer to that is "yes"....you and your extraneous commentary is exhausting.

Actually it does matter. There is a big difference.
So no, Clinton was never impeached for lying. He was impeached for lying under oath.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Ah the 25th amendment - never before used for anything on the silly list provided and general in terms, is the proof that Trump being a meanie is enough to declare him as unfit for office?

Thin. Very thin.

So ... you actually read it eh?

Tell me, is the word "unfit" in the 25th Amendment? Does that determination rely on the subjective judgement of others?

The answer to that question might solve more than one facet of the rather dim argument you seem to wish to pursue here, today, at this particular time.

Anyway ... cheerio for now. Pip pip and such.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I see.

So, what I say on some obscure forum is enough to glean what implications should be made about me, but what a President says at the official podium or in his tweets aren't enough to draw implications about him?

Double standard much?

President Trump is not calling you unfit to do your job because you made some silly statements. There is the difference.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Thin. Very thin.

So ... you actually read it eh?

Tell me, is the word "unfit" in the 25th Amendment? Does that determination rely on the subjective judgement of others?

The answer to that question might solve more than one facet of the rather dim argument you seem to wish to pursue here, today, at this particular time.

Anyway ... cheerio for now. Pip pip and such.

Yes it does. People qualified to make such judgements having worked closely with the President, and still requiring the same process through Congress.
No item from the silly list we have here has ever been applied to invoke the 25th Amendment.

So, when such a silly list is posted with a declaration that it makes the President unfit to serve, it deserves to be laughed at. The onus is firmly on the person making such silly claims to show precedent and give sound reasoning.

I know it's seen as some ray of hope for those that can't get to grips with reality, but I am afraid the generalities of the 25th amendment will not save your day.

Thin.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, you are lol.

That's the point.

Hey, I'm surprised that with your penchant for nitpicking you missed the fact that lying is the key issue in that situation.

Haven't had time to Google the 25th Amendment yet?

Sad.

I will persist in attempting to teach you your own history because I am nice like that.
Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, not for lying.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well, since the 25th Amendment has never been invoked, according to you (incorrectly), it's irrelevant of the list of facts about what makes Donald Trump unfit or not, right?

You're the one that likes logic puzzles.

The fact is the 25th Amendments provisions have been invoked, and further, the point of the exercise as I tried to give you time to catch up on ... is that the matter of removing the President there under is a SUBJECTIVE decision on the part of either the VP and the Cabinet OR the Congress.

Do you really think when the lies, incompetence, and so forth that Trump has been putting on international display continue that there won't be some point at which even the Pence and/or the Congress says ENOUGH!

That's the only aspect here that involves an opinion.

As to the very obvious list of deficits that President Trump has shown, it is only "silly" in your opinion ... the blatant facts say otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join