It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 310
<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, and the plethora of reporters who said there WAS surveillance on Trump and his campaign team, whether directly or swept up, should also be questioned further on what they know.
I kind of took that away from his briefing . He did lay it out quite well despite the kids in the room .

I kind of had to look away from his briefing.

Truth too much for you?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

He declassified and shared vital information with our allies because Russia has done the same thing in several countries already. Doesn't trump the mighty emperor realize that he's making us look complicent in what Russia is doing? He is weakening our image around the world though hopefully people will see it's the crazy old man and not us as a whole.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I'm pretty sure he is on the witness list. We don't have an extradition treaty with Russia. But if he does that what are the optics here? It looks like he's running.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

He declassified and shared vital information with our allies because Russia has done the same thing in several countries already. Doesn't trump the mighty emperor realize that he's making us look complicent in what Russia is doing? He is weakening our image around the world though hopefully people will see it's the crazy old man and not us as a whole.

America's image around the world has been in the toilet for years.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You're kidding right?
Mostly everyone is looking at that like a drowning man who is being forced to swallow water til he sinks.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So Sean Hannity, and Bret Baire and Andrew Napolitano should be put under oath too?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It was also SIX WEEKS BEFORE HIS TWEET!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So Sean Hannity, and Bret Baire and Andrew Napolitano should be put under oath too?

Yes.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It was also SIX WEEKS BEFORE HIS TWEET!!!

Suggests he may not have been responding to the articles.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Correction:

The Trump Administration will NOT be using the British GCHQ as their "phantom menace." I was mistaken in that guess.

US Will Not Repeat Claim that GCHQ Wiretapped Donald Trump - BBC News

The US has agreed not to repeat claims the UK's communications intelligence agency wiretapped Donald Trump during the presidential election campaign. GCHQ rejected allegations made by White House press secretary Sean Spicer, that it spied on Mr Trump, as "nonsense".

No. 10 has been assured by Mr Spicer he would not repeat the accusation. A spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said it had been made clear to US authorities the claims were "ridiculous and should have been ignored".

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Correction:

The Trump Administration will NOT be using the British GCHQ as their "phantom menace." I was mistaken in that guess.

The US has agreed not to repeat claims the UK's communications intelligence agency wiretapped Donald Trump during the presidential election campaign. GCHQ rejected allegations made by White House press secretary Sean Spicer, that it spied on Mr Trump, as "nonsense".

No. 10 has been assured by Mr Spicer he would not repeat the accusation. A spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said it had been made clear to US authorities the claims were "ridiculous and should have been ignored".

I think there should be more questions asked of the good judge at Fox News.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I know that this was referred to earlier ... but I felt compelled to correct my own spurious musings.

Also, I know this is the Mud Pit, but, jesus ... to watch some of you wave off the BBC as "fake news" and slaver over every word that drops from infotainer Hannity's lips is a bit much.

Although it does reinforce that for some, anything that isn't judged pro-Trump is called "fake."

For those of you always crying about "credibility" ... you should consider your own.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Correction:

I think there should be more questions asked of the good judge at Fox News.

You mean "Judge" Napolitano?

He falls into an interesting quandary for me. Is he a journalist or is he an entertainer?

Either way, I think Obama could (and should) sue him and Fox for defamation.

(Of note, if Mr. Trump feels strongly that anyone has lied and damaged his reputation at CNN or NYT, he should do the same thing.)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

George brings a CIA guy into the vid that confirms the hacks Found the RT text and link

Sophie Shevardnadze: Gary Berntsen, former CIA official, welcome to the show, great to have you with us. Now, Vault 7, a major batch of CIA docs revealed by Wikileaks uncovers the agency’s cyber tools. We’re talking about world’s most powerful intelligence agency - how exactly did the CIA lose control of its arsenal of hacking weapons? Gary Berntsen: First off, I’d like to say that the world has changed a lot in the last several decades, and people are communicating in many different ways and intelligence services, whether they be American or Russian, are covering these communications and their coverage of those communications has evolved. Without commenting on the specific validity of those tools, it was clear that the CIA was surely using contractors to be involved in this process, not just staff officers, and that individuals decided that they had problems with U.S. policy, and have leaked these things to Wikileaks. This is a large problem, for the U.S. community, but just as the U.S. is having problems, the Russia face similar problems. Just this week you had multiple members of the FSB charged with hacking as well, and they have been charged by the U.S. government. So both services who are competitors, face challenges as we’ve entered a new era of mass communications.
www.rt.com...

edit on 17-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Who is George Webb, and why should we believe him?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Who is George Webb, and why should we believe him?

Probably better to ask who Gary Berntsen is.

SS: Trump accused Obama of wiretapping him during the campaign… Could the CIA have actually spied on the president? It seems like the agency doesn’t have the best relationship with Donald Trump - how far can they go?

GB: Let me just say this: the President used the word “wiretapping” but I think it was very clear to us that have been in the intelligence business, that this was a synonym for “surveillance”. Because most people are on cellphones, people aren’t using landlines anymore, so there’s no “wiretapping”, okay. These all fall under the Intelligence Surveillance Act, as I stated earlier, this thing existing in the U.S.. It was clear to President Trump and to those in his campaign, after they were elected, and they did a review back that the Obama Administration sought FISA authorisation to do surveillance of the Trump campaign in July and then in October. They were denied in July, they were given approval in October, and in October they did some types of surveillance of the Trump campaign. This is why the President, of course, tweeted, that he had been “wiretapped” - of course “wiretapping” being a synonym for the surveillance against his campaign, which was never heard of in the U.S. political history that I can remember, I can’t recall any way of this being done. It’s an outrage, and at the same time, Congressional hearings are going to be held and they are going to review all of these things, and they are going to find out exactly what happened and what was done. It’s unclear right now, but all we do know - and it has been broken in the media that there were two efforts, and at the second one, the authorisation was given. That would never have been done by the CIA, because they don’t do that sort of coverage in the U.S.. That would either be the FBI or the NSA, with legal authorities and those authorities… the problem that the Trump administration had is they believed that the information from these things was distributed incorrectly. Any time an American - and this is according to the U.S. law - any time an American is on the wire in the U.S., their names got to be minimized from this and it clearly wasn’t done and the Trump administration was put in a bad light because of this.

SS: If what you’re saying is true, how does that fall under foreign intelligence? Is that more of the FBI-NSA expertise?

GB: It was FBI and NSA - it was clearly the FBI and the NSA that were involved, it would never have been the CIA doing that, they don’t listen to telephones in the U.S., they read the product of other agencies that would provide those things, but clearly, there were individuals on those phone calls that they believed were foreign and were targeting those with potential communications with the Trump campaign. Let’s be clear here - General Clapper, the DNI for President Obama, stated before he left office, that there was no, I repeat, no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. This has been something that has been dragged out again, and again, and again, by the media. This is a continuing drumbeat of the mainstream, left-wing media of the U.S., topaint the President in the poorest light, to attempt to discredit Donald Trump

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

McCabe would be my guess as far as the FBI goes ...I still have to wonder about the EX MI5 guy that made the dossier up ...He fits in this some how some where .

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thanks, but I did ask the question I was interested in an answer to. We were provided a blind link to a Youtube video with no context, argument or provenance.

Gary Berntsen is making the same arguments that have been pretty much already debunked, except for the truest of the true believers. Mr. Berntsen is a conservative politician, author and pundit ... he's hardly giving an unbiased view of the matter, is he?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ooops...

It wasn't immediately clear what information was turned over to the committees, though Nunes told CNN's Manu Raju that he did not believe it would back up Trump's wiretapping accusation.

good gosh lol

Seems Trump was right. But instead of women, this time it was all of America he "grabbed by the pu__y" and she just sat back and took it...nay, encouraged it as evidenced by this wallopages thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The President, honestly, seems to be getting more and more erratic.

And before anyone goes there, that doesn't make me happy.

It makes me sad for him, and frightened for us.

top topics

<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join