It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
More from the Guardian in 2013 regarding the MTI - Mastering the Internet - programme.

www.theguardian.com...

Britain's spy agency GCHQ has secretly gained access to the network of cables which carry the world's phone calls and internet traffic and has started to process vast streams of sensitive personal information which it is sharing with its American partner, the National Security Agency (NSA). The sheer scale of the agency's ambition is reflected in the titles of its two principal components: Mastering the Internet and Global Telecoms Exploitation, aimed at scooping up as much online and telephone traffic as possible. This is all being carried out without any form of public acknowledgement or debate. One key innovation has been GCHQ's ability to tap into and store huge volumes of data drawn from fibre-optic cables for up to 30 days so that it can be sifted and analysed. That operation, codenamed Tempora, has been running for some 18 months. GCHQ and the NSA are consequently able to access and process vast quantities of communications between entirely innocent people, as well as targeted suspects.

edit on 14/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

IT and IC are jumping faster then we can keep up with ...Vault 7 main operations for Europe German prosecutor ‘looking carefully’ into WikiLeaks CIA #Vault7 files, could launch probe . www.rt.com... Its a big house of cards ...US is probably the one that has to go down to bring the rest of the house with it .I can see this going to declared Martial Law ...As it stands , Trump in order to investigate he would have to use the FBI to investigate the FBI ...Maybe that is why he brought back some of the Military Command ...If he cant find help from the top then he will be done like dinner ...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The President cant declare martial law.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The President cant declare martial law.
Who has that job ? I found this but "Martial law on the national level may be declared by Congress or the president. Under Article I, Section 8, Clause 15, of the Constitution,

MARTIAL LAW The exercise of government and control by military authorities over the civilian population of a designated territory. Martial law is an extreme and rare measure used to control society during war or periods of civil unrest or chaos. According to the Supreme Court, the term martial law carries no precise meaning (Duncan v. Kahanamoku, 327 U.S. 304, 66 S. Ct. 606, 90 L. Ed. 688 [1946]). However, most declarations of martial law have some common features. Generally, the institution of martial law contemplates some use of military force. To a varying extent, depending on the martial law order, government military personnel have the authority to make and enforce civil and criminal laws. Certain civil liberties may be suspended, such as the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, freedom of association, and freedom of movement. And the writ of habeas corpus may be suspended (this writ allows persons who are unlawfully imprisoned to gain freedom through a court proceeding).
www.encyclopedia.com...
edit on 14-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

He only had to be proven wrong once but funny enough he had a litany of them.
So no he didn't shake up the dems . We just dismissed him out of hand.

Absence of a prosecution does not mean absence of a crime.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

That is also known as the militia clause of the Constitution. Congress can call up national guuard units and federalize them under very limited circumstances.

"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

* - When a state refuses to enforce / comply with Federal law. This was used in the 60's when black people were allowed to attend white schools. A governor refused to comply and the President / Congress federalized that states guard units and deployed US marshals to enforce the law.

* - To repel an invasion of the US either by a foreign power or a state thats gone bonkers.

* - To put down a state who is in insurrection against the US government.

Absent the 3 criteria listed A P[resident nor Congress can declare martial law. During hurricane Katrina the Governor of Louisiana refused to place her states guard units under federal control. Bush was told the only way to override the Governor was to declare Louisiana in a state of rebellion / insurrection. It was also pointed out the action was not supported by any law / constitution.

Its why we had essentially 2 military chains of command. 1 answered to the federal government and one answered to the state government.

A president cannot declare martial law absent 1 of the 3 criteria being met.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Related?

Worth mentioning.

www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-protesters-gathered-outside-peter-thiels-mansion-this-weekend

www.newyorker.com...

"Saturday afternoon, a group of about fifty tech workers, attorneys, anti-surveillance activists, and other Bay Area denizens stood outside a three-story, nine-bedroom, twenty-five-million-dollar mansion. It is the home of the investor, entrepreneur, and Trump adviser Peter Thiel, who co-founded Palantir Technologies, in 2004. Thiel’s house is located on what is known as Billionaires’ Row, in San Francisco’s tony Pacific Heights, close to the Lyon Street Steps. Old-money heirs such as the Getty and Traina families, and software-industry giants, including Larry Ellison, the co-founder of Oracle, have homes nearby. Thiel’s address is not publicly listed, but Sonja Trauss, a Bay Area housing activist who, together with her colleague Laura Foote Clark, had organized the protest, was fairly certain that she had it right. “He lived there as of September 26th,” she said. Last fall, Thiel invited Trauss for breakfast to discuss local housing policy. Trauss recalled that she ate oatmeal, that Thiel had “some little quiches with a salad,” and that she had been struck by the house’s interior décor; the walls were gray with white molding, and pictures—“cityscapes, countryscapes, inoffensive stuff”—were hung in odd locations. “Places where you don’t put a picture, like too close to a ceiling or poking onto the window,” she said. “I just imagined the interior decorator being, like, ‘Peter, I have a vision.’ ”

Trauss and Clark organized the rally in response to a report, published in The Intercept earlier this month, that a software program known as Investigative Case Management (I.C.M.), developed by Palantir Technologies for the Department of Homeland Security, will now also be used to facilitate and expedite the work of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.). The program is part of a forty-two-million-dollar contract drafted in 2014, and collects data such as telephone records, addresses, social-media content, immigration history, biometric traits, and criminal records. For anyone concerned about the potential for mass deportations under President Trump, I.C.E.’s use of this software is an alarming development. (A privacy-impact assessment filed in 2016 states that the database can be used to aid in criminal and civil cases against immigrants, including “exclusion, deportation, and removal proceedings.”) "

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interview with former CIA agent

Former CIA Station Chief Scott Uehlinger says the 2016 Presidential Election put “America in totally unknown territory.” Uehlinger explains, “I lived in countries like Azerbaijan, Moldova and Kosovo. These were rough and tumble places where this was my bread and butter. There was always a Prime Minister or a head of state that was using intelligence services to embarrass or frame or destroy members of the opposition party. This is something I have seen time and time again. This is something I have had to collect intelligence on time and time and time again, and I think this kind of gives me a unique perspective into what is going on in the United States right now. I have seen this all before, but we also have to remember that this has never been here before. This is something new for Americans and, unfortunately, it’s not really new for me.
usawatchdog.com...

edit on 15-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Watching Intelligence Committee briefing now. They haven't learned much in 2 months..about Russian-Trump or Trump-Tap. "We still need to know...." is what 50% of their statements start with.
edit on 3/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
House Intel Cmte Chair: Several crimes have been committed regarding leaks to media
No evidence Obama wiretapped trump tower.
White house irresponsible with wire tap claims, explanations.
Doing all we can to keep Russian probe nonpartisan.
From the crawl.
edit on 3152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

From the crawl.

of???
Sadly after the display last night it does matter.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The TV.
It's the house intelligence committee. It doesn't matter at all what station.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Ok
Thanks for the update

It doesn't matter at all what station.

That is nice to have for future reference.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The classified stuff won't be broadcasted to the public.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Pick your favorite. Though the interview is over now.
Why do you have to challenge every little thing?
If you had simply asked what station I would have told you but you qualified that request with after last night it matters like you're challenging me personally as to what my sources are.
The house intel committee is nonpartisan. What ever they have to say is nonpartisan so it doesn't matter what news station is airing their interview. They were interviewed by most of them.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Giving you lots of room for doubt ay foxy?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

My intention was not to anger you. You sited "the crawl" or am I mistaken?

House Intel Cmte Chair: Several crimes have been committed regarding leaks to media No evidence Obama wiretapped trump tower. White house irresponsible with wire tap claims, explanations. Doing all we can to keep Russian probe nonpartisan.

These things can have vastly different meanings depending on which station it is. Trumps tax returns revealed was on "the crawl" last night was it not?
Had you sited the interview I would not have asked.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Jeff Sessions says he never gave Trump any information that led to his accusation against Obama.

Nunes says the Intelligence Committe have seen no evidence of Obama ordering surveillance on Trump.
Also says there is no evidence that anyone from the Trump Campaign met with anyone other than Kislyak.

Schiff says he's not so sure.

circa.com...
edit on 15/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Oh yeah. That's really funny UK.
It's good to laugh in the midst of all this craziness.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oh behave...

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join