It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 296
<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I mentioned that before, and it's baffling as to why he has not cancelled that order.

It is not baffling at all: it helps unify the police state. Now that the truth about Obama "tapping Trump's phones" has come out, we can see more clearly how Trump thinks government runs. Trump saw a propaganda piece that tapped into his delusions, so he made a serious accusation of criminal conduct against a political opponent without evidence. When a shocked Congress demanded his evidence, he ordered the FBI to find some. In other words, he seems to think that the Justice Department is there to cook up false criminal cases against political enemies. No wonder he admires Putin!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I mentioned that before, and it's baffling as to why he has not cancelled that order.

It is not baffling at all: it helps unify the police state. Now that the truth about Obama "tapping Trump's phones" has come out, we can see more clearly how Trump thinks government runs. Trump saw a propaganda piece that tapped into his delusions, so he made a serious accusation of criminal conduct against a political opponent without evidence. When a shocked Congress demanded his evidence, he ordered the FBI to find some. In other words, he seems to think that the Justice Department is there to cook up false criminal cases against political enemies. No wonder he admires Putin!

Nonsense. Trump is actively seeking to reduce the power and control of govt.
...and no nothing has "come out" on the investigation.

Just try and take a step back from the silly emotional outbursts.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You know, everyone who disagrees with your opinion or outlook isn't silly or emotional.

Trump isn't "reducing" the power and control of government, he's obliterating it radically. ETA: But only the parts his agenda doesn't favor. He plans to grow exponentially the traditional Republican areas of the military by 54 Billion.

And obliterating the parts of government you don't like, by the by, is a politically leftist approach.

edit on 14-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You know, everyone who disagrees with your opinion or outlook isn't silly or emotional.

Trump isn't "reducing" the power and control of government, he's obliterating it radically. ETA: But only the parts his agenda doesn't favor. He plans to grow exponentially the traditional Republican areas of the military by 54 Billion.

And obliterating the parts of government you don't like, by the by, is a politically leftist approach.

Claiming the construction of a police state and the outcome of an investigation that is not complete is nonsense, driven by an irrational hatred of Trump. Simple to call it like it is.
edit on 14/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Claiming the construction of a police state and the outcome of an investigation that is not complete is nonsense, driven by an irrational hatred of Trump. Simple to call it like it is.

So point out your objective position as you just did ... rather than falling into subjective characterizations.

We can both benefit from this advice ...
... because I also do what I'm pointing out.

You're one of the two best debaters on this forum in my opinion for one of the "sides" ... (I'm not counting myself in that, BTW, LOL).

There's no reason to have arguments corrupted by purely subjective errata.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Does building a wall and increasing the size of the military sound like reducing the power of the government? Random sweep for aliens? Cracking down on marijuana offenders? Threatening to stifle the free press? Do I need to go on? Just because he allows corporations to resume poisoning the ir and water doesn't mean he is reducing the power and control of the government.

You seem not to be following events. The White House has admitted that Trump spoke loosely and without evidence. They just can't admit that they are trying to make a delusional man seem sane.

You either need to abandon your irrational love of despotism, or admit that you admire Trump's autocratic impulses. You would also be wise to abandon the childish insults; they reflect more poorly on you than on me.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Does building a wall and increasing the size of the military sound like reducing the power of the government? Random sweep for aliens? Cracking down on marijuana offenders? Threatening to stifle the free press? Do I need to go on? Just because he allows corporations to resume poisoning the ir and water doesn't mean he is reducing the power and control of the government.

You seem not to be following events. The White House has admitted that Trump spoke loosely and without evidence. They just can't admit that they are trying to make a delusional man seem sane.

You either need to abandon your irrational love of despotism, or admit that you admire Trump's autocratic impulses. You would also be wise to abandon the childish insults; they reflect more poorly on you than on me.

Lol there you go again - despotism. Hilarious.
No, building the military up is not a police state. There is no threat to stifle the press. Applying the law on immigration is also not the actions of a police state.
No, the Whitehouse admitted no such thing.
No, you don't need to go on. I already know going on would entail a whole host of other extremist accusations and also that you will eventually land on Russia again.

edit on 14/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So point out your objective position as you just did ... rather than falling into subjective characterizations.

We can both benefit from this advice ...
... because I also do what I'm pointing out.

You're one of the two best debaters on this forum in my opinion for one of the "sides" ... (I'm not counting myself in that, BTW, LOL).

There's no reason to have arguments corrupted by purely subjective errata.

I have a rule that I respond in kind. If anyone wants an open, honest and measured debate then that is great - and much preferred. If the conversation dissolves into nonsense, or subjective errata, then it's sometimes more fun to engage that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
For the record "Russia" is an integral part of the discussion of any surveillance of Trump and/or Trump associates.

Just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Yes I respond in kind as well, Lex Talionis.

/sigh I can't disagree with your assertion.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The usual childish response. Please follow events and use your brain.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Because what he does now, what he blurts out now, has consequences to others than himself.
I herd that he is giving his 1st year pay to a charity that he wants the press help choose so yea consequences eh .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You are going to have to find a way of exposing your fantasy world to the public for me to follow the events you are talking about.
In that sense, I'd have to use your brain, which is not really possible or desirable.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Phage

Because what he does now, what he blurts out now, has consequences to others than himself.
I herd that he is giving his 1st year pay to a charity that he wants the press help choose so yea consequences eh .

His vacations have already cost the taxpayers 15 times or so the salary he is "giving back."

Plus, he gets to take it off on his taxes...

Not sure this is a gesture wholly based in charity.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My comment was to Page making a point of his words having consequences ...The money is going to a charity ...You have word and sentence comprehension problems and a hate in your own heart so you being a judge of what Trumps heart felt reasons are for anything is meaningless ...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

My comment was to Page making a point of his words having consequences ...The money is going to a charity ...You have word and sentence comprehension problems and a hate in your own heart so you being a judge of what Trumps heart felt reasons are for anything is meaningless ...

I don't have any word comprehension problems, as my sentence structure and expression clearly shows. You keep repeating this sophomoric insult because you have nothing else, not to mention, that your own expressions often don't include complete or grammatically correct sentences, perhaps you should get the beam out of your own eye, first.

I've told you I have no "hate" for Trump; pointing out the irrationality in the arguments of his ardent followers (that's you, for example) only indicates a love of the truth.

You keep talking about ignoring me, and yet, you keep responding ... although feebly.

My assessment is based on the facts. He's costing the American taxpayer orders of magnitude more for his "leisure activities" than Obama ever imagined (and Trump criticized him for that, so he's also a hypocrite.). He went from "not accepting" a salary to "donating it to charity." If you can't see that's prime-Donald Trump (always promising charitable actions, rarely delivering) then you're blinded by your adoration of the man.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You keep talking about ignoring me
I talked about it once ...It must be you playing that over and over and over in your own mind and attributing it to me .....

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You are going to have to find a way of exposing your fantasy world to the public for me to follow the events you are talking about.
In that sense, I'd have to use your brain, which is not really possible or desirable.

Well, actually, he's declared portions of the press "the enemy of the People." So yeah, he kind of is acting like a tin-pot despot in some ways. He's calling for greater legal limitations on the right to publish, he's planning to increase the number of Federal officers (INS) by around 15,000 last count, and if that's not providing him with a ready and willing "police squad" under his direct control that just happens to fall under an area of law in which he has great direct power ... I'm not sure what would be.

And yes, as Chief Executive his responsibility is to enforce the nation's laws, but almost all of those laws give great administrative attitude to how a President does that. Arguing that people who have been productive tax-paying members of our society for decades in some cases are now "a threat" ... seems a lot like the words of a xenophobe, or ... a tyrant trying to set up a phantom menace in order to gain more power ...

... so, objectively, DJW has some reasonable points ... even if they are expressed passionately.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You keep talking about ignoring me
I talked about it once ...It must be you playing that over and over and over in your own mind and attributing it to me .....

You talked about it once and have never done it. Is that the level of commitment you have to your own word?

Don't kid yourself; your posts are a minor irritant -- I point out the irrelevance or irrationality and move on.

Don't even give "you" a thought after that, LOL.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Don't kid yourself; your posts are a minor irritant
Good because if they were not I wouldn't be saying anything worth responding to ...

top topics

<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join