It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 288
<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Why would they create this story? Obviously trump had lawyers and the government okay with him posting that about our president as even that can be defamatory, and perhaps a threat to his own safety if people think it's easy to spy on him. Obama himself had done no such personal action. Is this drama to keep us attentive to our president and not other things in our society? Perhaps since he found out the night of the election, he could use that to say the polls were definitely rigged and have another voting.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Drama?

You mean like 5000 or so posts of "I knew Obama was guilty! Get Holder and Lynch too!

They were all in on it!

Especially HILLARY!!! *grr-slaver-foam*

Spirit soup!

MozzaRELLA!

Arrrragghahah!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maplestory777
Why would they create this story? Obviously trump had lawyers and the government okay with him posting that about our president as even that can be defamatory, and perhaps a threat to his own safety if people think it's easy to spy on him. Obama himself had done no such personal action. Is this drama to keep us attentive to our president and not other things in our society? Perhaps since he found out the night of the election, he could use that to say the polls were definitely rigged and have another voting.

We could probably speculate all night and day about the motivation as to why...I doubt anyone will ever truly know. The only real facts are that Trump leveled an inflammatory accusation against a former President without evidence; Trump refuses to provide evidence; Trump team is backpeddaling on what wiretap means and what surveillance truly is.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Inb4 Trump apologists' justification.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Maplestory777

To me, it's simple.

Mr. Trump saw an article on the net and reacted.

No thought, no consideration of fallout, etc.

He reacts. Great in a CEO/Entrepreneur/Rainmaker

Sometimes not so great as the Leader of the Free World.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Maplestory777

To me, it's simple.

Mr. Trump saw an article on the net and reacted.

No thought, no consideration of fallout, etc.

He reacts. Great in a CEO/Entrepreneur/Rainmaker

Sometimes not so great as the Leader of the Free World.

thats all it was..
he saw some article on breitbart and reacted like he always does.
people still wont believe it though

hahahahahaahahah
love it..

spicer.....the president mean this when he said this...what he meant was that

bwuahahahahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's his personality and why he was elected, yes. But why did they choose this to be on the news? Maybe to separate the parties, Obama and trump seemed close enough after the election.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
what a joke man...

so they wait till the last minute on the last day to release a statement via spicer saying he did not mean what he said.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Obama explained he does this

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maplestory777

Obama explained he does this

i dont really understand what you are saying

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Good thing he didn't hear that a plane went down in the South China Sea and declare war on China.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
288 pages of people defending the trumpster.
talking about how he would not have said anything without any evidence even though he does this all the time.

at the end of the day we have spicer trying to back peddle on what he said versus what he meant

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
And Spicer Completely walks back the accusation as today is when the Intelligence Committee deadline to the WH was to turn over evidence of Pres. Obama Wiretapping Trump..

www.cnn.com...

mmmm no he didnt.. read your source again.

Also the committee never told the WH to turn over evidence. That request, and it was a request, went to the DOJ, who represents the government in legal affairs.
edit on 13-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

oh come on man watch the vid of spicer talking about it

thats exactly what he did

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

Tell me did the 2 intel committees close their investigations out then?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

And Spicer Completely walks back the accusation as today is when the Intelligence Committee deadline to the WH was to turn over evidence of Pres. Obama Wiretapping Trump..

www.cnn.com...

Also the committee never old the WH to turn over evidence. That request, and it was a request, went t the DOJ, who represents the government in legal affairs.

That would be a valid point if you guys hadn't argued for 4000 pages that everything that happens in the Executive Branch is directed by the President ... so, in that explanation, sending something to DOJ was sending it to the White House.

The Buck Stops There.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

trump claimed he had evidence
he does not
spicer is saying that yet again trump did not mean what he actually said

thats the point...
mine anyways

figured you'd be in line to defend though...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

www.cnn.com...

Also the committee never old the WH to turn over evidence. That request, and it was a request, went t the DOJ, who represents the government in legal affairs.

That would be a valid point if you guys hadn't argued for 4000 pages that everything that happens in the Executive Branch is directed by the President ... so, in that explanation, sending something to DOJ was sending it to the White House.

The Buck Stops There.

Well the media is the one misreporting the information request and not anyone in this thread. Even your own source lied about that in your link. the DOJ handles the legal side and the committees requests went to the DOJ. This way fake enws sites like CNN can ignore anything sent by the DOJ while repeating the lie the WH sent nothing.

source

OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

The position of Attorney General was created by the Judiciary Act of 1789. In June 1870 Congress enacted a law entitled “An Act to Establish the Department of Justice.” This Act established the Attorney General as head of the Department of Justice and gave the Attorney General direction and control of U.S. Attorneys and all other counsel employed on behalf of the United States. The Act also vested in the Attorney General supervisory power over the accounts of U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.

The mission of the Office of the Attorney General is to supervise and direct the administration and operation of the Department of Justice, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement Administration, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Bureau of Prisons, Office of Justice Programs, and the U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals Service, which are all within the Department of Justice.

The principal duties of the Attorney General are to:

Represent the United States in legal matters.

Supervise and direct the administration and operation of the offices, boards, divisions, and bureaus that comprise the Department.

Furnish advice and opinions, formal and informal, on legal matters to the President and the Cabinet and to the heads of the executive departments and agencies of the government, as provided by law.

Make recommendations to the President concerning appointments to federal judicial positions and to positions within the Department, including U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.

Represent or supervise the representation of the United States Government in the Supreme Court of the United States and all other courts, foreign and domestic, in which the United States is a party or has an interest as may be deemed appropriate.

Perform or supervise the performance of other duties required by statute or Executive Order.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

trump claimed he had evidence
he does not
spicer is saying that yet again trump did not mean what he actually said

thats the point...
mine anyways

figured you'd be in line to defend though...

So you know for certain nothing was turned over? CNN is reporting the White House didnt turn anything over. I must have miss3ed the part where they reference the DOJ.

All spicer did was clarify the comment and he is still accusing obama of spying on him. In law enforcement we dont request a wiretap to look at someones computer system. The same holds at the federal level.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

what i know is i watched spicer say trump didnt mean what he said
keep at it though

new topics

top topics

<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join