It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 287
<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
/sigh

This is what Conway said in her interview:

“What I can say is there are many ways to surveil each other,” Conway said as the Trump presidency marked its 50th day in office during the weekend. “You can surveil someone through their phones, certainly through their television sets — any number of ways.” Conway went on to say that the monitoring could be done with “microwaves that turn into cameras,” adding: “We know this is a fact of modern life.”

northjersey.com

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: alphabetaone

OK. Even though I don't like the pres I hope he proves his claim, because if he doesn't it will haunt his entire term. That would really damage the US. If he can prove it then it would damage Obama, but at least we could move forward.

I tried to bring that up earlier.

At this point, Trump's success or failure is America's.

Who would want a President to fail? Particularly in such a ... /sigh RIDICULOUS fashion.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm feeling better now, thank you.

All is well

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

I'm feeling better now, thank you.

All is well

That makes me very happy.

You had me a bit concerned for a minute or two there.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Check your mail...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
LOL.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

aww thanks for that.

My day began badly, but i't so much better now thanks to you guys!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Nice! that's my second new favorite word now lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Is today the deadline for Trump to present evidence of wiretapping to congress?

Not precisely, but close enough. Today is the deadline the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence has given the WH to forward any evidence of wiretapping.

Someone argued earlier in the thread that whatever Trump's "evidence" is ... it's classified above the level that the Senate/House Intelligence Committee heads have.

The classification scheme is a result of a Presidential EO. Therefore, if Trump has such evidence, he could declassify it, change the EO, etc.

Would that be your understanding as well?

Not entirely. The classification is Top Secret above what can be released for public scrutiny, but the HPSCI has full authority to subpoena and/or request verification of the claims without providing the particulars. But with respect to whether or not their arms reach high enough, it's somewhat laughable to assume that they don't.

Their words:

The United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) is a committee of the United States House of Representatives, currently chaired by Congressman Devin Nunes (California). Created in 1977, HPSCI is charged with oversight of the United States Intelligence Community—which includes the intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the following seventeen elements of the U.S. Government—and the Military Intelligence Program

Among their scope of oversight would be:

DNI
CIA
Department of Army
Department of Navy
US Coast Guard
DIA
Department of Energy
Department of Homeland Security
Department of Justice DEA
Department of State
FBI
USMC
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
NRO
NSA

Source

To intimate that the HPSCI hasn't the clearance or authority to bear witness to such evidence is absurd.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It's even worse than that if he doesn't as, it would diminish the (already floundering) value of the Institution of Presidency and devalue the US Government as a whole.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Is today the deadline for Trump to present evidence of wiretapping to congress?

Not precisely, but close enough. Today is the deadline the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence has given the WH to forward any evidence of wiretapping.

Someone argued earlier in the thread that whatever Trump's "evidence" is ... it's classified above the level that the Senate/House Intelligence Committee heads have.

The classification scheme is a result of a Presidential EO. Therefore, if Trump has such evidence, he could declassify it, change the EO, etc.

Would that be your understanding as well?

Not entirely. The classification is Top Secret above what can be released for public scrutiny, but the HPSCI has full authority to subpoena and/or request verification of the claims without providing the particulars. But with respect to whether or not their arms reach high enough, it's somewhat laughable to assume that they don't.

Their words:

The United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) is a committee of the United States House of Representatives, currently chaired by Congressman Devin Nunes (California). Created in 1977, HPSCI is charged with oversight of the United States Intelligence Community—which includes the intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the following seventeen elements of the U.S. Government—and the Military Intelligence Program

Among their scope of oversight would be:

DNI
CIA
Department of Army
Department of Navy
US Coast Guard
DIA
Department of Energy
Department of Homeland Security
Department of Justice DEA
Department of State
FBI
USMC
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
NRO
NSA

Source

To intimate that the HPSCI hasn't the clearance or authority to bear witness to such evidence is absurd.

Whilst I do not believe there would be anything in this case that Trump could or should not share with the House Intelligence Committee, it is also true that it has never been quite as simple as the Committee getting what it wants. The IC has been accused by the Committee in the past of withholding information, including quite recently.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It's even worse than that if he doesn't as, it would diminish the (already floundering) value of the Institution of Presidency and devalue the US Government as a whole.

That's rather dramatic.
It would make Trump look foolish, but he can not wipe away or diminish the office itself from a tweet. If you really believe he can, then it says more about the American people than Trump.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

then it says more about the American people than Trump.

Correct. Not only would it diminish the office of the president it would also diminish the American people after all it is the American people that put such a person in the highest position of government.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

then it says more about the American people than Trump.

Correct. Not only would it diminish the office of the president it would also diminish the American people after all it is the American people that put such a person in the highest position of government.

Oh the drama!
Think of the children

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And Spicer Completely walks back the accusation as today is when the Intelligence Committee deadline to the WH was to turn over evidence of Pres. Obama Wiretapping Trump..

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
so trump was full of #?

I'm shocked

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
*crickets*

[gasp]
edit on 13-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

*crickets*

[gasp]

What response do you want to more CNN propaganda?
Which, by the way, anyone can discern for themselves by watching the video.
edit on 13/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

*crickets*

[gasp]

Awww poor little truthy has to run with his tail between his legs .... #recursivewalkbacks

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

*crickets*

[gasp]

Awww poor little truthy has to run with his tail between his legs .... #recursivewalkbacks

Lol, propaganda doesn't work that well anymore.
Spicer said no such thing, but feel free to cling to lies if you like. I can't account for your ignorance.

So we stay in the same position, we await the result of the investigation.

edit on 13/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join