It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What is your chess rating?

TRUMP: A little bit higher than yours. No, a lot higher than yours. What is yours?

How has chess influenced your strategy in life and in this election?

TRUMP: I’m a pawn guy, mostly. I mean, I’m the king, but I like the pawns. More bluntly: Me equals king, Americans equal pawns. That’s my strategy.

What is your favorite chess opening?

TRUMP: I like to build a huge pawn wall in the center and then really make my opponent pay for it. So, the four-pawn attack against most anything, especially against the Mexican defense.

What message do you want to send to American chess players and voters?

TRUMP: I know moves, I have the best moves. People are telling me, I’ve heard, that Crooked Hillary has some moves too. Not true!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

TRUMP: A little bit higher than yours. No, a lot higher than yours. What is yours?
So, there he goes again. Shooting off his mouth without knowing.

He doesn't use his horseys?

edit on 3/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I find it quite interesting that Obama & Co. have been as quiet as they've been on the wiretap issue...
I think O made the only move he could have by sending his mouth piece to say something (really nothing) to give the MSM and others to spin .A none denial denial ...Trump is very safe in his position and will use the 20th to clean more of the swamp ...He has to figure out a way to skirt the CIA's spying ...I would imagine there are a lot of notes being passed to his group .

Its all timing and optics at this point ...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Your constant off-topic and meaningless expressions of your estimates of others credibility are irrelevant.

You consider anyone who calls themselves a journalist to be one; I do not (unless of course they work for a media company you don't like).

Moreover, you don't know what I have watched and what I haven't -- more insipid posturing from you.

I referred to a video (actually, several) presented in this thread that was riddled with fallacies and garbage. Which one was it?

Of course you keep repeating your failed attempt at wordplay from earlier because that's all you have. That doesn't have anything to do with an argument.

That's petulance, not objectivity.

AGAIN, what are you trying to argue? Can't you phrase it? What do those videos mean to you? What did they contribute to the discussion ... ?

Your posts, particularly of late, are little more than knee-jerk reactions to other posters ... I'm hoping that you've given something some thought and can express that to us rather than this ... shtick.

Am I mistaken to have hope for that?
edit on 12-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Surely, since there is no citation, this is parody, satire or a really bad joke, right?

Right?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
Trump has brilliantly outmaneuvered, outwitted, and outplayed the Left for almost 2 years now.

That's why he's president and Bill Clinton's wife is not (and will never be).

Trump has a MONSTER IQ. He plays chess in 4-D because I truly think he can look into the future.

Tomorrow will just be another move of the pieces on the board -- nothing more than a strategic gambit to set up an even greater victory down the road.

I find it quite interesting that Obama & Co. have been as quiet as they've been on the wiretap issue...

Trump sounds like a god.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

However, when authorized by the Justice Department and signed by a United States District Court or Court of Appeals judge, a wiretap order permits law enforcement to intercept communications for up to thirty days.

It's not just Federal alphabet agencies that can wiretap. Think....

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Just read a piece that does raise serious questions for the world at large ...

Moreover, on February 19, 2015, it became known that the NSA and its British partner, the Government Communications Headquarters, had stolen the encryption keys of the world’s largest SIM card manufacturer Gemalto, which allowed these agencies to wiretap phone conversations and intercept data sent by mobile devices that have a SIM card produced by Gemalto installed in them. This revelation was made public by The Intercept.

The New York Times would note that, the CIA scrambled to assess and contain the damage from the release by WikiLeaks of thousands of documents that cataloged the agency’s cyberspying capabilities, temporarily halting work on some projects. But in order to stop these espionage activities of the US around the world, international players must begin asking question and applying pressure on Washington through the UN and through other international organizations, for its numerous violations of the most basic of human rights. And the international community must impose severe sanctions on the US through court decisions for this blatant case of espionage. journal-neo.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Providing just a bit more of your citation ...

However, when authorized by the Justice Department and signed by a United States District Court or Court of Appeals judge, a wiretap order permits law enforcement to intercept communications for up to thirty days. 18 U.S.C. §§ 2516(1), 2518(5). 18 U.S.C. §§ 2516-2518 imposes several formidable requirements that must be satisfied before investigators can obtain a Title III order. Most importantly, the application for the order must show probable cause to believe that the interception will reveal evidence of a predicate felony offense listed in § 2516. 18 U.S.C. § 2518(3)(a)-(b).

Privacy: Wiretap Act

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Been fun watching Fox this weekend, many of them they seem quite appalled by Trumps unsubstantiated "tapp" claim and are almost revealing in the horror of the foreign agent Flynn working for Trump.

But wait, are they fake news now because they don't fit the narrative? Just trying to keep up lol!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, it looks like President Trump was in error when he stated that Barack Obama had wiretapped him.
www.bloomberg.com...
Considering Donald Trump's light-hearted way of approaching things that make anal politicians and people have strokes, this will be easily dismissed, along with many of his other off-the-cuff quips.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Right. We should get used to a president who is known to publicly disseminate anything that pops into his head. Facts be damned.

No chance that could be problematic in any way. Since, you know. He's the president of the United States

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York has 28 authorized judgeships, filled by judges appointed by the President

Who, beside Federal alphabet agencies, can order a wiretap on Trump Tower in Manhattan?

Who would do it? What "probably cause" would be used? And what judge would sign off on it during 2016 while presidential campaigns were in full force?

And again:

However, when authorized by the Justice Department and signed by a United States District Court or Court of Appeals judge, a wiretap order permits law enforcement to intercept communications for up to thirty days.

edit on 12-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Americans knew this when we voted for him. There's no doubt he will piss off more people while improving the economy. That's OK.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Americans knew this when we voted for him.
Some of us did, yes.

No, it isn't ok. Unless you really think that isolationism really is a good way to go.

He's the one who wants to "open up" libel laws. He's the one who bitches about unnamed sources. Right? Facts be damned.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There's no doubt he will piss off more people while improving the economy.

Really?

What's he gonna do, tweet his way into deficit reduction? You're right, that would piss a lot of people off.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

More Americans voted against him then for him. So no, this isn't on "us" it's on you.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: carewemust

There's no doubt he will piss off more people while improving the economy.

Really?

What's he gonna do, tweet his way into deficit reduction? You're right, that would piss a lot of people off.

I doubt the plan is to reduce the deficit through the use of Twitter.
The last I heard the plan was centred on renegotiating trade deals on a bi-lateral basis, while boosting the economy through tax cuts and the removal of unnecessary regulations.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Your constant off-topic and meaningless expressions of your estimates of others credibility are irrelevant.

You consider anyone who calls themselves a journalist to be one; I do not (unless of course they work for a media company you don't like).

Moreover, you don't know what I have watched and what I haven't -- more insipid posturing from you.

I referred to a video (actually, several) presented in this thread that was riddled with fallacies and garbage. Which one was it?

Of course you keep repeating your failed attempt at wordplay from earlier because that's all you have. That doesn't have anything to do with an argument.

That's petulance, not objectivity.

AGAIN, what are you trying to argue? Can't you phrase it? What do those videos mean to you? What did they contribute to the discussion ... ?

Your posts, particularly of late, are little more than knee-jerk reactions to other posters ... I'm hoping that you've given something some thought and can express that to us rather than this ... shtick.

Am I mistaken to have hope for that?

That is a rather long winded off topic diatribe to do nothing more than you accuse me of in your first sentence.

You clearly didn't watch the actual video posted 4 times, where reporters (not random youtube posters) claimed 100% certainty that two warrants were issued for surveillance, including one for the Trump server.

I'd suggest that a report of 100% certainty of a warrant for surveillance on Trump is rather relevant to the thread. You must be a little confused.

Yes, this report is not from CNN, but you should really broaden your horizons to include sources that do not feed your confirmation bias.

Here is the video again. The interview with Sara Carter is half way through.

edit on 13/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

So you followup with another longwinded diatribe?

Do your "reporters" have proof that Barack Obama ordered unlawful surveillance on Trump?

Why should I broaden my horizons to include more media and fake media and wannabe media crap and garbage?

No thank you. Further, you're the only one here obsessed with CNN. You're the one who dismisses valid reporting and has to try to cut down articles to your own redefined words to make your invalid arguments.

Is there proof in the video you're so excited about that President Obama ordered unlawful surveillance on Trump?

Because I say there isn't. That fact invalidates your entire "you have to watch every BS video posted" argument.

Beyond that fact, the time for the President to put up or shut up is rapidly approaching. And if, like usual, this ridiculous side-show proves to be more 3 AM bathroom blasts, more and more and more in America and the rest of the world will see what Trump is really all about.

Comey is coming to the Hill on the 20th. We will discover the truth of what he has said and what he hasn't. Your bet is on the ridiculous idea that he's somehow supporting the President's ridiculous and divisive narrative.

Mine is on the fact that Comey has and did ask the DOJ to refute this stupidity because there has been ZERO evidence that President Obama did anything illegal... and your illogical attempts to play word games merely stink of desperation.
edit on 13-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: As noted

top topics

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join