It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 272
<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: UKTruth

I've posted enough information to counter your "fake posts."

Why don't you link a source and make a claim ... perhaps a legitimate one this time.

I asked you to prove your claims of demonstrating CNN's consistency.

So, post their article from Sunday night... I know you can't because they deleted it, by updating it on Monday.

I have proven my claims of demonstrating CNN consistency in this matter; you are the one who has been shown to be mistaken.

So now your only evidence is an article that doesn't exist ... are we supposed to take your word for it?

Perhaps in your own mind, but it appears that CNN does not have to do a lot to convince you.. perhaps that is the reason you are so misinformed.

So provide THE SOURCE for your graphic ...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

So lets summarize the "Truth" part of UKTruth thus far:

You misrepresented what CNN reported by claiming they quoted the NYT.

You quote a Rasmussen poll as support when you are firmly on the record as doubting the results of polls.

You post a graphic from an unnamed source and claim it proves something ...

You cite a CNN article that doesn't exist.

Should we start calling you UKNotQuiteTheTruth?

Well now... given that the earliest CNN article on this is an UPDATED version according to their own site, I am on pretty safe ground in saying there was an earlier version... don't you think? Try to at least think things through. Seems like your idea of 'demonstrating' their consistency lacks the requisite levels of attention to detail

I have given you the source and the actual question by YouGov which has CNN tanking on their Brand Index.
Rasmussen proved themselves to be accurate during the election - so I trust them more. Certainly not the fake CNN polls, though.

I do find it amusing that you are so invested in defending CNN and can't admit their bias. You are in a minority of those still clinging to CNN as it fits their own biased agenda. AS Rasmussen reported, only about a third who actually watch their useless coverage actually trust it.
edit on 11/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You're on pretty safe ground saying the article was updated? Sure.

Does that prove a single thing you've claimed in your "fake posts"? Nope.

You're trying to say that an article you don't have access to said a certain thing. You want to talk "unnamed sources" still?

You're using non-existent sources.

You haven't provided a link for your graph. Why is that?

I'm defending CNN because you're irrationally trying to make a critique of CNN a part of your fake argument.

Now that red herring has also been dealt with ... what do you have?

You realize that you had nothing to prove your point, and so you launch into an ill-constructed argument against CNN.

/shrug

You haven't provided your source for the graphic. That's telling. Is it fake?
edit on 11-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I've posted enough information to counter your "fake posts."

Why don't you link a source and make a claim ... perhaps a legitimate one this time.

I asked you to prove your claims of demonstrating CNN's consistency.

So, post their article from Sunday night... I know you can't because they deleted it, by updating it on Monday.

I have proven my claims of demonstrating CNN consistency in this matter; you are the one who has been shown to be mistaken.

So now your only evidence is an article that doesn't exist ... are we supposed to take your word for it?

Perhaps in your own mind, but it appears that CNN does not have to do a lot to convince you.. perhaps that is the reason you are so misinformed.

So provide THE SOURCE for your graphic ...

I did, it's YouGov and I also provided the question they ask to generate their net index:

YouGov BrandIndex measured CNN, Fox News Channel and MSNBC with its Buzz score, which asks respondents: "If you've heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?”

YouGov Brand Index:

Tracking the public perception of brands across the world everyday. Want to find out what the world thinks about your brand? BrandIndex is the authoritative measure of brand perception, monitoring thousands of brands across dozens of sectors. We interview thousands of consumers every day, yielding over 2.5 million interviews a year. BrandIndex operates at the national and international levels, allowing you to track brand perception in just one country, compare across multiple countries or monitor a global picture.

CNN are at the bottom of the pile of the major networks. Like I said, no surprise.

edit on 11/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yes, yes, you cherry-picked a graphic and some quotes ... but you won't SOURCE the article?

Why is that?

Okay, I'll do your work for you ...

MSNBC Passes CNN in Customer Perception Feb. 27, 2017

And low and behold ... what does this site do? They conduct ONLINE polls that anyone can respond to.

JOIN THE PANEL TODAY! As a member of the YouGov panel you will be part of a global community of people who share their opinions in return for points and rewards. It couldn't be easier: we email you a survey link, you complete the survey at your convenience and earn points for doing so! You can redeem your points for great rewards.

How many points did you get, UKUnsourcedClaims?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You're on pretty safe ground saying the article was updated? Sure.

Does that prove a single thing you've claimed in your "fake posts"? Nope.

You're trying to say that an article you don't have access to said a certain thing. You want to talk "unnamed sources" still?

You're using non-existent sources.

You haven't provided a link for your graph. Why is that?

I'm defending CNN because you're irrationally trying to make a critique of CNN a part of your fake argument.

Now that red herring has also been dealt with ... what do you have?

You realize that you had nothing to prove your point, and so you launch into an ill-constructed argument against CNN.

/shrug

You haven't provided your source for the graphic. That's telling. Is it fake?

You said you demonstrated their consistency, yet you don't have access to their original article - because they updated it.
So what you actually demonstrated was that CNN were consistent with this story after they updated their articles, and deleted what they originally said
perhaps you should work harder for your demonstrations.

Interestingly all CNN's pages draw a blank when going through the wayback machine too.. I wonder why.. perhaps they don't want their fake news bull# coming back at them.

Oh, and I have provided a source for the horrible perception of CNN - it's the YouGov BrandIndex.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Still waiting for a response to this post:

Already been discussed. The propaganda from the Whitehouse does not excuse the fake news at CNN.

There is mounting evidence that the "leaks" are deliberate attempts on the part of the White House to discredit the media. All of this supports the overarching goal of undermining faith in American institutions and in liberal democracy in general. Since this is a conspiracy site, can you think of an actor that might benefit from this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Ah ... now you must try to muddy the water.

If you have a claim to make about an earlier version of the article, show it to us.

If not, you're making unsubstantiated claims, which, like your contradictory use of polling data, totally invalidates your argument.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yes, yes, you cherry-picked a graphic and some quotes ... but you won't SOURCE the article?

Why is that?

Okay, I'll do your work for you ...

MSNBC Passes CNN in Customer Perception Feb. 27, 2017

And low and behold ... what does this site do? They conduct ONLINE polls that anyone can respond to.

JOIN THE PANEL TODAY! As a member of the YouGov panel you will be part of a global community of people who share their opinions in return for points and rewards. It couldn't be easier: we email you a survey link, you complete the survey at your convenience and earn points for doing so! You can redeem your points for great rewards.

How many points did you get, UKUnsourcedClaims?

Ah I see, so the BrandIndex, one of the most used brand measures is now not reliable - why? because it doesn't match your agenda. It seems to fit quite nicely with the Rasmussen poll too. Oh, and reality.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The BrandIndex is reliable?

The result of an online poll?

PFFFFT.

So polls that say what you want are reliable?

You wouldn't even link your source. Why should we trust you?

ETA: You didn't answer ... how many "points" did you get for your responses to that poll? How many times did you respond to it?

edit on 11-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Ah ... now you must try to muddy the water.

If you have a claim to make about an earlier version of the article, show it to us.

If not, you're making unsubstantiated claims, which, like your contradictory use of polling data, totally invalidates your argument.

There was an earlier article that has been updated - fact - as CNN show.
It's a fact you missed...and failed to mention... I wonder why. I am sure you didn't do it on purpose, I suspect you are just not thorough enough before jumping to conclusions.
Now, given that it was you who said you had demonstrated their consistency, don't you think it should be you hunting down what they actually said in the original article?

You know, to prove your claim...or are you happy to just take updates and pretend nothing was said before?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

PFFFFT.

ETA: You didn't answer ... how many "points" did you get for your responses to that poll? How many times did you respond to it?

I am sorry that reality doesn't fit your agenda, must be difficult for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Already been discussed. The propaganda from the Whitehouse does not excuse the fake news at CNN.

There is mounting evidence that the "leaks" are deliberate attempts on the part of the White House to discredit the media. All of this supports the overarching goal of undermining faith in American institutions and in liberal democracy in general. Since this is a conspiracy site, can you think of an actor that might benefit from this?

Perhaps you would like to share this 'mounting evidence'.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

PFFFFT.

I am sorry that reality doesn't fit your agenda, must be difficult for you.

Not difficult for me at all ... why would I care what an unscientific online poll says?

You on the other hand are well on the record as considering polls (even scientific ones) invalid.

Yet, here, in your mania to avoid the actual topic, you've used two.

You wouldn't source your information.

You're referring to a CNN article that doesn't exist.

You misstated what CNN said, and when confronted with that you doubled down.

You've lost any credibility you had, which wasn't much.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Why should they?

You wouldn't even link your source for your online poll!

LOL ... UKFakePosts

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Why should they?

LOL ... UKFakePosts

So you get owned and resort to acting like you are 5 years old.

Comey never made the comment.
All media outlets who ran with the fake NYT article are relying on unnamed American officials, including CNN.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Why should they?

LOL ... UKFakePosts

All media outlets who ran with the fake NYT article are relying on unnamed American officials, including CNN.

So you chime in with nothing substantial and support your posting buddy? Are you tagging in now?

Your post is just as fake as UKs except for your silly ad hominem. Are you sure I'm the five-year-old?

You don't know what Comey did. As is often the case, you claim knowledge you don't have.

CNN didn't quote NYT. I've shown that. Are you not reading the thread? Just sniping?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Why should they?

LOL ... UKFakePosts

So we are expected to just believe someone saying 'mounting evidence' even though they can;t show any. Right.

By the way - this was CNN's orginal front page headline - I posted it way back in this thread:

A headline picture of Comey even after their story had been updated to say Comey was not involved in the conversations.
i am sure that is the kind of honest reporting you just adore.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Why should they?

LOL ... UKFakePosts

So you chime in with nothing substantial and support your posting buddy? Are you tagging in now?

Your post is just as fake as UKs except for your silly ad hominem. Are you sure I'm the five-year-old?

You don't know what Comey did. As is often the case, you claim knowledge you don't have.

CNN didn't quote NYT. I've shown that. Are you not reading the thread? Just sniping?

You have shown that they did not spread the NYT fake news AFTER they updated their article. To prove you claim, please post the original. We do know however, that CNN were featuring a picture of Comey in their headline, even though he didn't have the conversations alleged. They know that people share and draw conclusions from headlines - they are experts at fake news and deception.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So, you think it's odd that the Director of the FBI is posted on an article talking about something the FBI did?

So, you were confused by looking at pictures instead of reading the title? Or apparently the article?

Let's review:

You're making a claim about an article that doesn't exist.

You're confused by pictures rather than the actual words used.

You don't backup your own claims.

You use polls to back up your narrative when you typically are condemning of polls.

What else you got?

new topics

<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join