It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 271
<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Unnamed sources have been used in journalism for decades.

Just because that results in reporting that doesn't fit the Trump narrative doesn't make that illegitimate.

Trump can't back up most of what he says, for example, like the Tweets that started this thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DJW001

the liberal media's constant changes to their stories undermine any last shred of credibility they had when using unnamed sources

And what about the White House's credibility when they make claims with no sources whatsoever?

Already been discussed. The propaganda from the Whitehouse does not excuse the fake news at CNN.

There is mounting evidence that the "leaks" are deliberate attempts on the part of the White House to discredit the media. All of this supports the overarching goal of undermining faith in American institutions and in liberal democracy in general. Since this is a conspiracy site, can you think of an actor that might benefit from this?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I linked the first paragraph in the first article above.

You are mistaken in your assertion.

ETA:

The FBI asked the Justice Department on Saturday to refute President Donald Trump's assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump's phones last year, two sources with knowledge of the situation told CNN.

Perhaps you should stop trying to deny reality. What I quoted was EXACTLY what CNN reported...not only are they using unnamed sources, but their sources are using unnamed sources.

edition.cnn.com...

Not only are they using an unnamed source, which is a red flag for any media outlet that have proven themselves to be biased, but it's even worse when they can't even say who was discussing this so called request by the FBI to the DoJ.
Ridiculous reporting by a discredited news network.

You will see from the link that this was an actually an update the day after their original reported, which they have deleted. Covering the tracks of their fake news.

edit on 11/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

What we DO know is that Comey has not made a statement.

Yes we do know that Jim Comey has not yet made a public statement.

But you do not know what he has communicated to his staff, through his staff to the DOJ nor to the Congress.

You're willing to present supposition as truth, which qualifies as a "fake post."

How can you complain about "fake news" when you make "fake posts"?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You're misrepresenting the facts. It's common to use unnamed sources in journalism.

CNN is using sources that have spoken to them, not the NYT

CNN has only been discredited in the minds of Trump followers for obvious reasons ... they don't kowtow to his BS.

edit on 11-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

What we DO know is that Comey has not made a statement.

Yes we do know that Jim Comey has not yet made a public statement.

But you do not know what he has communicated to his staff, through his staff to the DOJ nor to the Congress.

You're willing to present supposition as truth, which qualifies as a "fake post."

How can you complain about "fake news" when you make "fake posts"?

Nope, I am not willing to believe a CNN story with absolutely no proof and based on an unnamed source talking about their unnamed source. CNN is in the realm of 'a friend of a friend told me'. You can believe that sort of shoddy, irresponsible reporting if you like. I prefer to have some proof, especially when known liars and fake news peddlers are claiming something.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Who cares what you believe? Who cares what I believe? If you want to talk about beliefs, maybe the religious forums would suit better.

You claimed that CNN quoted NYT as a source and you were mistaken and I have demonstrated that fact.

As I pointed out your "fake posts" are at least as questionable as any "fake news."

Get your facts straight before you go after anyone else.

edit on 11-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You're misrepresenting the facts. It's common to use unnamed sources in journalism.

CNN has only been discredited in the minds of Trump followers for obvious reasons ... they don't kowtow to his BS.

Even the people who watch CNN mostly for their political news don't trust them:

Among cable news network viewers who watch Fox News most often, 50% say they trust the political news they are getting. That compares to 43% of MSNBC viewers and just 33% who tune in mostly to CNN.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

They are the biggest joke in the political news media - about as reliable as The Onion.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Among cable news network viewers who watch Fox News most often, 50% say they trust the political news they are getting. That compares to 43% of MSNBC viewers and just 33% who tune in mostly to CNN.

Now you're quoting polls that suit your narrative?

You routinely say that polls are not trustworthy.

More "fake posting."

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Who cares what you believe? Who cares what I believe? If you want to talk about beliefs, maybe the religious forums would suit better.

You claimed that CNN quoted NYT as a source and you were mistaken and I have demonstrated that fact.

As I pointed out your "fake posts" are at least as questionable as any "fake news."

Get your facts straight before you go after anyone else.

Demonstrated? really - can you link the article CNN posted on Sunday night,5th March, please...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Also from the Rasmussen poll ...

Among all voters, only 37% trust the political news they are getting, while just as many (36%) do not. Twenty-six percent (26%) are not sure. Voters shared a similar distrust in political news last year, but just 33% trusted the political news they were getting during the 2014 midterm election season.

Smart voters. Distrust of the media hardly affects only CNN.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I've posted enough information to counter your "fake posts."

Why don't you link a source and make a claim ... perhaps a legitimate one this time.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Now you're quoting polls that suit your narrative?

You routinely say that polls are not trustworthy.

More "fake posting."

Aww, just because CNN came bottom of the pile - as usual?

Perhaps YouGov's perception rating over time is useful...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Hmmm ... since you don't link your source (LOL, "fake postings") how was that graph prepared? What does it measure?

Does it measure what people like you believe? Obviously that would skew the results.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Why don't you link a source and make a claim ... perhaps a legitimate one this time.

I asked you to prove your claims of demonstrating CNN's consistency.

So, post their article from Sunday night... I know you can't because they deleted it, by updating it on Monday.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Hmmm ... since you don't link your source (LOL, "fake postings") how was that graph prepared? What does it measure?

Does it measure what people like you believe? Obviously that would skew the results.

It measures what people hear about each network... the network with the most negative word of mouth is.... you guessed it CNN. I wonder why.

YouGov BrandIndex measured CNN, Fox News Channel and MSNBC with its Buzz score, which asks respondents: "If you've heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?”

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So, post their article from Sunday night... I know you can't because they deleted it, by updating it on Monday.

I have proven my claims of demonstrating CNN consistency in this matter; you are the one who has been shown to be mistaken.

So now your only evidence is an article that doesn't exist ... are we supposed to take your word for it?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It measures what people hear about each network... the network with the most negative word of mouth is.... you guessed it CNN. I wonder why.

So, be consistent with your own argument and reveal your sources.

That's not hard is it?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I have proven my claims of demonstrating CNN consistency in this matter; you are the one who has been shown to be mistaken.

So now your only evidence is an article that doesn't exist ... are we supposed to take your word for it?

Perhaps in your own mind, but it appears that CNN does not have to do a lot to convince you.. perhaps that is the reason you are so misinformed.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So lets summarize the "Truth" part of UKTruth thus far:

You misrepresented what CNN reported by claiming they quoted the NYT.

You quote a Rasmussen poll as support when you are firmly on the record as doubting the results of polls.

You post a graphic from an unnamed source and claim it proves something ...

You cite a CNN article that doesn't exist.

Should we start calling you UKNotQuiteTheTruth?

top topics

<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join