It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

Let's see what Mr. Comey thinks on the 20th or so.

Can't disagree with that. Perhaps CNN should have waited for him to speak too, instead of running a story about a source claiming an unnamed group of FBI people spoke with an unnamed group of DoJ people and dressing it up as Comey going to war with Trump.

Is that how you took it?

That's not what the articles actually said; I've listed them for you above.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Gryphon66

FACT: Not one person, not Clapper, not Schumer, not any democrat, has said there is proof of any collusion between Trumps team and the Russians.

FACT: This isn't about collusion with the Russians it's about a false claim made by a sitting President about a former President; wild, irresponsible, unfathomable allegations. THAT is all this is about.

He will be proven (yet again) a liar, and he will be proven unfit for Presidency by his own people.

However, your rather extremist statement about fitness for the Presidency doesn't really hold water. I can't remember a President who didn't lie. I guess if you think all of them unfit, your statement would make sense.

It's not extremist. Otherwise I'm pretty sure, like you rightly pointed out, that I would have felt this way about every President.

The lying is not what makes him unfit, his utter disregard for proper procedure, and flippant nature to defend him and only him leaves me to suspect that he is unfit to lead a nation when his largest concern is actually himself and, stop me when I'm wrong, but a leader of a nation should actually put everyone else before him/herself.

Sacrifice is the key to patriotism, not strongly worded tweets.
edit on 10-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

FACT: Not one person, not Clapper, not Schumer, not any democrat, has said there is proof of any collusion between Trumps team and the Russians.

FACT: This isn't about collusion with the Russians it's about a false claim made by a sitting President about a former President; wild, irresponsible, unfathomable allegations. THAT is all this is about.

He will be proven (yet again) a liar, and he will be proven unfit for Presidency by his own people.

However, your rather extremist statement about fitness for the Presidency doesn't really hold water. I can't remember a President who didn't lie. I guess if you think all of them unfit, your statement would make sense.

It's not extremist. Otherwise I'm pretty sure, like you rightly pointed out, that I would have felt this way about every President.

The lying is not what makes him unfit, his utter disregard for proper procedure, and flippant nature to defend him and only him leaves me to suspect that he is unfit to lead a nation when his largest concern is actually himself and, stop me when I'm wrong, but a leader of a nation should actually put everyone else before him/herself.

I know that people get frustrated when we compare Trump to Obama.

But it seems relevant as you are discussing Trumps behavior vs. past presidents.

Obama spent the end of his term attacking trump in all sorts of ways.

In factt, he made bold statements about Trump possible being a racist once in office "

"If you accept the support of Klan sympathizers — the Klan — and hesitate when asked about that support, then you’ll tolerate that support when you’re in office,"

www.dailywire.com...

This doesn't seem to be a very presidential thing to say, and is a heinous accusation, yet no one called Obama unfit to be pres because of this.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Words say what they say, Grambler. You've been after me for most of the thread because I was honest and posted my opinion early on. What are opinions worth? Not much.

I did, and do, believe that these investigations (four in Congress, who knows how many in the IC) if carried to their ultimate conclusion will produce facts that will result in impeachment. That's my BELIEF. You should know, if you're being honest right now, that I do not deal in belief on here. To me, it's irrelevant. It's individual and subjective. And often, can't be proven.

What is happening here is that you (and to a lesser extent UK) are obsessing on whether a statement of opinion is the same as a statement of fact or a claim of fact.

This is obvious. That is the point I was making. And this ... foolishness that has gone on page after page is PRECISELY why I very rarely talk about my beliefs or opinions.

UK stated that I had stated and/or claimed that the Trump associates are GUILTY of something. I have not made such a claim. My opinion is not a claim.

I know you don't think that's what is happening, but it is.

I think we both think that we are writing for an audience here. It's important to both of us that people have a chance to see all sides accurately and decide for themselves. We both care about our respective POVs passionately.

Trust me on this one though; when we do what we just did, we're not helping ... we're boring people to tears.

edit on 10-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Did Mr. Obama lie about Mr. Trump in the quote you provided?

edit on 10-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

[snip]

"If you accept the support of Klan sympathizers — the Klan — and hesitate when asked about that support, then you’ll tolerate that support when you’re in office,"

www.dailywire.com...

This doesn't seem to be a very presidential thing to say, and is a heinous accusation, yet no one called Obama unfit to be pres because of this.

Did Mr. Obama lie about Mr. Trump in the quote you provided?

I am not going to relitigate the event. IN the end, people for trump will say this was a lie and against will say it is not.

I was only making the point that that this seemed to be Obama doing an example of alphas criticism. "The lying is not what makes him unfit, his utter disregard for proper procedure, ..."

So rather or not it is a lie wasn't the issue for alpha, it was his big mouth in general making this tweet accusing a former pres of something heinous, which Obama did to trump frequently.

But its not a big deal, we are just talking abouty individuals feelings on what is presidential.
edit on 10-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I know that people get frustrated when we compare Trump to Obama.

But it seems relevant as you are discussing Trumps behavior vs. past presidents.

Obama spent the end of his term attacking trump in all sorts of ways.

In factt, he made bold statements about Trump possible being a racist once in office "

www.dailywire.com...

I think you must have missed (in your own source) where it describes what that statement was referring to...and it's nowhere NEAR a direct accusation of Trump for anything. In fact, what that quote is referring to is:

Obama is referring to the presence of white supremacists among some in the Alt-Right who back Trump, particularly David Duke, who Trump has publicly disavowed, but in one interview refused to engage a question from Jake Tapper about white supremacists supporting him.

Which is a far stretch from tweeting out: "Hey Trump, you're a white supremacist"
edit on 10-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Sorry, I tried to wipe that out. I'll replace so your post makes sense.

Not relitigating it is a good idea.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The source said

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what trump comes up with on this weekends golf trip to florida at 6:30 am on the crapper, lol

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sounds like you have lost perspective. If Trump was only concerned about himself then I can't see why he would have run for President. On a practical basis I am not even sure what 'putting everyone else before him/herself' actually means. Sounds like hyperbole.
As for procedure, I am also not sure what you mean. Trump has not done anything that is not in the remit of the Executive Branch. If that is a big concern of yours, then once again, you would be applying that critique to another recent President, not Trump.

It does appear his tweets have annoyed you - maybe that is the real root of your angst...
edit on 10/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The source said

Aww, Mr. Trump is holding a tiny trophy!

Makes his hand look bigger, don't it?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Really? You don't think he's doing that?

A 70 yo billionaire with a supermodel wife and had the world by the ass needs more for himself?

I'm sure potus is the last thing anyone would want to do if in the same position.

And "unfit"? How?

I'll give you that he's not very good at the usual doublespeak and couched lies that politicians practice since childhood or that he hasn't lived off the govt for decades.

He beat the best that came at him.

Like I've asked before, do you want something that looks good or something that works?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Whatever you say, you must know best.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

To bad Comey never made such comments / requests.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I would characterize Trumps claims as *yet* unsubstantiated. Perhaps *soon to be* substantiated. One could even employ a common-sense assertion, based on *facts* we know about the Dynamic Duo, Obama and Clinton.

Some people say that the problem lies in the wild claims themselves, not the actual things in question. This goes far beyond political opinion into the realm of wilful ignorance. Can we stop and ask, "what if it's true?" can we get some comment from the nutters on how and why these wiretaps were surely employed...?

The whole thing begs the issue of how profound the last election may have been for the fate of the world. I don't mean to exaggerate, but that's a much straiter and more direct line than some of the wild assertions and story lines the democrat party puts forward. This Deep State crap has to end now. People are ready to move away from the evil path that we were on.

Check my post history, I don't usually get too "deep".

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

How do you know that?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

How do you know that?

Because he has never made the comment and unnamed sources arent James Comey.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

How do you know that?

Because he has never made the comment and unnamed sources arent James Comey.

You know that he did not ask members of his staff to reach out to DOJ?
edit on 11-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The source said

Aww, Mr. Trump is holding a tiny trophy!

Makes his hand look bigger, don't it?

At least his nails are trimmed. Won't snag any hairs when he... ah, never mind! The CIA is listening!

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join