It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Gryphon66

FACT: Not one person, not Clapper, not Schumer, not any democrat, has said there is proof of any collusion between Trumps team and the Russians.

FACT: This isn't about collusion with the Russians it's about a false claim made by a sitting President about a former President; wild, irresponsible, unfathomable allegations. THAT is all this is about.

He will be proven (yet again) a liar, and he will be proven unfit for Presidency by his own people.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

FACT: Not one person, not Clapper, not Schumer, not any democrat, has said there is proof of any collusion between Trumps team and the Russians.

FACT: This isn't about collusion with the Russians it's about a false claim made by a sitting President about a former President; wild, irresponsible, unfathomable allegations. THAT is all this is about.

He will be proven (yet again) a liar, and he will be proven unfit for Presidency by his own people.

Right, so when people like gryphon claim that there is proof of russian collusion, instead of telling him that has nothing to do with the topic, you tell the people responding to him to show him he is incorrect.

On your point, we shall see.

I agree that Trump has not provided evidence for his tweets. We will see what an investigation yields.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Indeed. We shall see.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee

A true example of an oxymoron.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The outing of "Giccifer 3" is imminent.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Gryphon66

That's completely correct.

In fact, since Clapper has been held forth as the "unquestionable authority", he has stated numerous times that there was absolutely no evidence of collusion or conspiracy between the Trump Campaign and "the Russians".

ABC News

But Clapper was a complete liar for you a few posts ago ...

... you seem confused.

C'mon, you can't be THAT dumb...

Well, I may not be a mental heavyweight such as yourself ... but ...

Clapper says no wiretaps. He is the unquestionable authority according to many here.

Clapper is a proven liar. I very seriously doubt he is "the unquestionable authority" to ANYONE but you because you like what he has to say.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee

A true example of an oxymoron.

It's Congress.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Everyone doesn't hold me in the high regard you seem to G.

Try to stay on topic ... and I am not the topic.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In fact, since Clapper has been held forth as the "unquestionable authority", he has stated numerous times that there was absolutely no evidence of collusion or conspiracy between the Trump Campaign and "the Russians".

ABC News

... you seem confused.

Clapper says no wiretaps. He is the unquestionable authority according to many here.

Clapper is a proven liar. I very seriously doubt he is "the unquestionable authority" to ANYONE but you because you like what he has to say.

So the irony of that series of posts totally escaped you?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is a good little opinion piece

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Sessions has just ask for the resignation of 46 remaining US Attorneys.

Draining the swamp and replacing with obidient lapdogs

twitter.com...

edit on 10-3-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

ABC News

... you seem confused.

So the irony of that series of posts totally escaped you?

LOL ... so it's irony is it?

Is Clapper a liar or not? It's not the first time you've made that statement you know.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee told CNN Friday that, after meeting with the FBI director, he has not "seen any evidence" to back Trump's claims that he was wiretapped by the Obama administration during the campaign. "I think when (press secretary) Sean Spicer isn't even willing to talk about it, you know there's a real problem," said Rep. Adam Schiff, who was in a meeting with FBI Director James Comey Thursday night.

Asked if Comey is prepared to talk about the issue at a March 20 hearing before the committee, Schiff replied, "he certainly is prepared for the question, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't answer it. He might even welcome the opportunity."

Rep. Devin Nunes, the GOP chairman of the committee, said that his panel has sent letters to "multiple agencies" to obtain records by next week ahead of the March 20 hearing. And he said that he still stands by his assertion from earlier this week that he has yet to see evidence confirming Trump's Saturday morning tweet that then-President Barack Obama ordered wiretaps to spy on him during the presidential campaign.

CNN.com

This is the second walk back by CNN.

Firstly they said that Comey asked the DoJ to publicly state that Trump's claim was false.
Then they said that it was not Comey who talked to the DoJ, rather lower level FBI representatives talking to lower level DoJ representatives.
Now they are reporting something probably more truthful - that Comey has not seen any evidence to support Trump's claims.

I guess it is 3rd time lucky for CNN. Perhaps they should do a better job to ensure fake news does not make their headlines, given their current reputation.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Sessions has just ask for the resignation of 46 remaining US Attorneys.

Draining the swamp and replacing with obidient lapdogs

twitter.com...

Yep - these are the 46 Obama appointed AG's.
Excellent news. Everyone appointed by Obama should be removed from govt roles.
thehill.com...
edit on 10/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Let's see what Mr. Comey thinks on the 20th or so.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Between the reporting of the NYT and others, the known existence of at least 2 FISA applications by the Obama Regime, and the leaked transcript of the Flynn call, there is ample evidence the Trump Campaign was targeted for surveillance.

On the other hand, there is ZERO evidence anywhere that "the Russians" affected the outcome of the 2016 election.

It was just another in a long line of leftist FAILS!

Hey look, a dog whistle post!

Sic 'em boys (and/or girls as the case may be.)

Funny it seems you are the only one responding to whistles...what does that say about you?

An amazing contribution.

We can always count on that from you.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Everyone doesn't hold me in the high regard you seem to G.

Try to stay on topic ... and I am not the topic.

Gryphon I am going to be honest with you here.

I really enjoy your posts. Even when I think you are wrong, you challenge me to be able to defend my thoughts, and that is something I am honestly grateful for.

And in more than one occasion in the past I have had to admit that I was wrong and you were right in our discussions.

But I am frustrated by some of your posts on here. You are looking at words and saying they don't say what they clearly do say; you are forming your opinions off of admittedly no evidence; and it is beneath you.

I know you don't think thats what is happening, but it is.

So I was pointing it out for two reasons, first so those reading could make up their minds about what is being discussed by is, and second because I wanted to show you where I thought you were going wrong because I respect you, and I am worried that if you can't admit what actual words say that we won't be able to have meaningful conversations in the future.

I hope I didn't upset you, and I still think that you are wrong in the areas I pointed out and will still point out where I think you are wrong, but I will try to focus more on the OP.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Let's see what Mr. Comey thinks on the 20th or so.

Can't disagree with that. Perhaps CNN should have waited for him to speak too, instead of running a story about a source claiming an unnamed group of FBI people spoke with an unnamed group of DoJ people and dressing it up as Comey going to war with Trump.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Having had a few days pass on this story I do actually think that it will proven that Obama did not directly wire tap Trump, so Trump's statements will end up being shown to be a lie. We'll see.

However, your rather extremist statement about fitness for the Presidency doesn't really hold water. I can't remember a President who didn't lie. I guess if you think all of them unfit, your statement would make sense.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee told CNN Friday that, after meeting with the FBI director, he has not "seen any evidence" to back Trump's claims that he was wiretapped by the Obama administration during the campaign. "I think when (press secretary) Sean Spicer isn't even willing to talk about it, you know there's a real problem," said Rep. Adam Schiff, who was in a meeting with FBI Director James Comey Thursday night.

Asked if Comey is prepared to talk about the issue at a March 20 hearing before the committee, Schiff replied, "he certainly is prepared for the question, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't answer it. He might even welcome the opportunity."

Rep. Devin Nunes, the GOP chairman of the committee, said that his panel has sent letters to "multiple agencies" to obtain records by next week ahead of the March 20 hearing. And he said that he still stands by his assertion from earlier this week that he has yet to see evidence confirming Trump's Saturday morning tweet that then-President Barack Obama ordered wiretaps to spy on him during the presidential campaign.

CNN.com

This is the second walk back by CNN.

Firstly they said that Comey asked the DoJ to publicly state that Trump's claim was false.
Then they said that it was not Comey who talked to the DoJ, rather lower level FBI representatives talking to lower level DoJ representatives.
Now they are reporting something probably more truthful - that Comey has not seen any evidence to support Trump's claims.

I guess it is 3rd time lucky for CNN. Perhaps they should do a better job to ensure fake news does not make their headlines, given their current reputation.

The piece I posted is an interview with Representative Schiff. The comments were his.

Here is the first statement from CNN on Tweetgate:

FBI asked Justice Department to refute Trump's wiretapping claim - Monday March 6th

The FBI made the request because such wiretapping would be illegal, since the President cannot just order the eavesdropping of a U.S. citizen's phones, the sources said. A court would have to approve any request to wiretap. The sources would not say who was involved in the conversations between the FBI and DOJ or what role FBI Director James Comey might have played.

Here's the second statement from Tuesday, March 7th: FBI Director James Comey was 'incredulous' over Trump's tweets

and from that article:

The source said Comey was concerned that the allegation would make the FBI look bad, and that concern was part of what prompted the FBI director to have his staff reach out to staff at the Justice Department asking them to knock down the allegation.

So ... no. No stories have been changed and the report on Rep. Schiff's comments have nothing to do with the FBI and DOJ over the weekend.

Swing and a miss.
edit on 10-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join