It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Xcathdra

What???

Look. As it stands the Intel guys are saying there were no warrants given for wiretapping Trump.

Trump says that Obama tapped him though.

So that is step one. Finding out who's right.

If someone produces a warrant to tap Trump then Trump is right. If not, he's lying.

That is the first step to this. All the theories about who did what and why don't matter until we find out if it ever even happened to begin with.

Either Trump or the entire Intel Service under Obama will have to answer for themselves for this at some point.

I am interested in more than Trumps exact technical statement. The excuse will be so as long as Obama didn't personally order a wiretap of Trumps personal phone, folks will be ok with the fact that Obamas admin was surveilling Trumps people and handing that info over to Hillary.

They will say it doesn't matter and Trump is a liar because his exact statement wasn't correct?

I guarantee that the average person is going to be appalled that the Obama admin used its intelligence apparatus to help Hillary try to win the election though.

If this is how it comes out, the fallout for Obama and the democrats is going to be enormous.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Nixon didn't personally order spying his political opponents either. He was the first president to resign.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Nixon didn't personally order spying his political opponents either. He was the first president to resign.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The title of the OP says the Trump residence may have been wiretapped, but remember, it's more than that. The Trump Tower was where Donald Trump, the presidential candidate, had his Campaign Headquarters.

This is going very deep now. Spying on an even deeper level than Watergate!!

Next it will be something like........

An FBI agent named G. Gordon Liddy and a CIA operative named Howard Hunt—a duo dubbed "the Plumbers"—wiretapped Ellsberg's phone and broke into the office of his psychiatrist, Dr. Lewis Fielding, searching for materials with which to blackmail Ellsberg

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this is crazy

all this and they still lost the election
worse than the 3 stooges

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
this is crazy

worse than the 3 stooges

This may be the biggest political story of our lifetime.

I have yet to see one person even remotely have an argument as to why Obamas intelligence people giving this info to Hillarys campaign can be justified.

The fallout from this if it turns out that that is what happened is going to be enormous.

Obama and his people, Hillary and her people, Comey all could face repercussions. Not to mention how bad the establishment medi will look..

It could be YUGE!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I still think the guy climbing the Trump Tower last summer was a distraction that allowed someone to walk in and access a computer in Trump Tower to do Gawd-knows-what. With what we now know regarding what the CIA is capable of, I think some serious criminality went down at that time. This is some Deep State shenanigans orchestrated by somebody high up.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ethics? Okay, I thought we were talking about facts. I have no comment on ethics.

There was evidence of foreign influence; that's what started the investigations.

Yes, I know who Bill Ayers was and the basics of his story. You know while it's technically correct to call him a terrorist and that's not a realistic description on the man in the last 45 years. Neither he nor his accomplices harmed people.

Thanks for the link but the National Review is a very biased source.

Perhaps there has never been an incoming President suspected of making deals with Russian agents before?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

None of that information is relevant in whether or not Obama Wiretapped Trump though.

This thread isn't about Hillary or her possible crimes. It's about Obama wiretapping Trump.

But this has almost nothing to do with any wrong doing by Hillary. It has to do with Obamas administrations intelligence people giving information to Hillarys campaign about an on going investigation into her political opponent.

This is bad enough, but while this was happening, the head of the NSA admits they had no evidence of any wrong doing by Trump or his team.

This isn't Hillary broke the law, its saying the Obama administration gave out classified information about the investigation into Trump to his political opponent knowing full well they had no info he had done anything wrong, all to give Hillary a chance to use that info to help her win the investigation.

This is an unbelievable level of corruption by the Obama administration.

the other possible theory is that Obama knew nothing of this and it was instigated by Bill Clinton during his meeting with Lynch at the airport. The FISA stuff came out shortly after those 2 met. Lynch was to be kept on when Clinton won.

Her email mess could have been used as a distraction for what the 2 really talked about.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ethics? Okay, I thought we were talking about facts. I have no comment on ethics.

There was evidence of foreign influence; that's what started the investigations.

Yes, I know who Bill Ayers was and the basics of his story. You know while it's technically correct to call him a terrorist and that's not a realistic description on the man in the last 45 years. Neither he nor his accomplices harmed people.

Perhaps there has never been an incoming President suspected of making deals with Russian agents before?

Ok we get it you think there is enough evidence for this investigation to happen. So if it turns out that there is no evidence of Trumps wrong doing, Obamas people at best would have made a huge mistake. At worst it was politically motivated.

Any comment on Obamas admin giving details of this investigation to Hillarys team when the had zero evidence of wrong doing?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So Mook said the same thing that I concluded about the NYT article published on January 19th: taps were placed on Russians.

What a craptastic piece of half-truths and innuendo masquerading as "breaking news" ... a source quoted a source who said they thought that Mook said ...

So the Russians were wiretapped.

Surprise?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

i do not see how this goes away
all from them running their mouths because they were so sure hillary would win
they were so sure to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to follow because trump would destroy the evidence
they themselves provided the transcript of an american citizens conversation within the usa

hubris of epic proportion

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Geeze, off the top of my head, I think 2 of them blew themselves up making a bomb.

Could be wrong about that, maybe it was the black panthers.

Whatever, they got off on a technicality.

Their MO has changed, that's all.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

None of that information is relevant in whether or not Obama Wiretapped Trump though.

This thread isn't about Hillary or her possible crimes. It's about Obama wiretapping Trump.

But this has almost nothing to do with any wrong doing by Hillary. It has to do with Obamas administrations intelligence people giving information to Hillarys campaign about an on going investigation into her political opponent.

This is bad enough, but while this was happening, the head of the NSA admits they had no evidence of any wrong doing by Trump or his team.

This isn't Hillary broke the law, its saying the Obama administration gave out classified information about the investigation into Trump to his political opponent knowing full well they had no info he had done anything wrong, all to give Hillary a chance to use that info to help her win the investigation.

the other possible theory is that Obama knew nothing of this and it was instigated by Bill Clinton during his meeting with Lynch at the airport. The FISA stuff came out shortly after those 2 met. Lynch was to be kept on when Clinton won.

Her email mess could have been used as a distraction for what the 2 really talked about.

Perhaps Obama didn't order it, but he had to know the investigation was going.

Now you could argue Obama didn't know his DOJ or other intelligence people were sharing info with then hillary campaign, but that seems far fetched. Do we really believe that he had no clue while he was in office? He would have had months to find out, and surely someone at least in Hillarys campaign would have told him

Especially given that he was ordering the investigators to share the info with as many agencies as possible, and even to foreign countries.

But even if somehow Obama could weasel out of this, it still is outrageous behavior from people in Obamas intelligence offices designed to help Hillary win the election.

As has been said, this would be far beyond watergate.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
this is crazy

worse than the 3 stooges

They never claimed to be geniuses.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Nah, you don't believe that for a second.

That would just add to obama's cluelessness to what's going on around him.

Just like when he says he read it in the newspaper or saw it on tv.

Who believes that line of BS?

That never made him look good.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: xuenchen

I still think the guy climbing the Trump Tower last summer was a distraction that allowed someone to walk in and access a computer in Trump Tower to do Gawd-knows-what. With what we now know regarding what the CIA is capable of, I think some serious criminality went down at that time. This is some Deep State shenanigans orchestrated by somebody high up.

I think so too !

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So Mook said the same thing that I concluded about the NYT article published on January 19th: taps were placed on Russians.

What a craptastic piece of half-truths and innuendo masquerading as "breaking news" ... a source quoted a source who said they thought that Mook said ...

So the Russians were wiretapped.

Surprise?

Yeah, surprised they needed to tap Trump Tower to tap a russian.

What, they move too fast or something? Burner phones?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm just curious, if they tapped Trump tower, couldn't they get all sorts of intel and not just intel on potential communication with Russians?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: l007sb
I'm just curious, if they tapped Trump tower, couldn't they get all sorts of intel and not just intel on potential communication with Russians?

Maybe but you never know for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join