It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 240
<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Makes sense.

Only to you because no one here has made such an absurd slip-shod argument.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Gryphon66

Flynn is who I was talking about and responding about so what is your point ?..

/sigh

The Trump Administration seems upset that someone is leaking CIA secrets.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

So you can't get upset about Trump over Flynns meeting, he wasn't there. Paul Manaforts connections; nope thats not trump so Trump can't get in any trouble. Etc.

I'm a little sketchy on what you're saying here if you wouldn't mind clarifying. Are you stating that Trump met with no Russian officials so he can't be brought to task at times when others have?

That is not what I personally believe but this is what I am saying would be the fair way to approach it if we are saying we can't hold Obama accountable for what his agencies did.

The argument is unless Obama personally ordered something unethical, then we should blame him for it even if he knew about it.

So it would seem to be that if Trumps team did unethical with Russia we can't blame Trump unless he personally ordered it.

Doesn't this seem like a fair comparison to you?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No evidence of any objection you can provide?

To what, your argument?

I have no interest in your argument.

You responded to me, ostensibly regarding my argument, yet, you haven't made a single point about it aside from some silliness about politics.

Muting you now.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well, who are we to question the judgement of "Alex K, Hardcore Republican"?

I'm in vague hopes you intend this as humor.

A Humorous Fact , to you at least . I.Q. Scores are Not Measured solely by Republican Leaning Columists .

On the Same Page...

“Donald Trump scored in the 99.9 percentile on his IQ test, his score a 156, technically speaking that classifies him as a genius. Barack Obama on the other hand is bordering on being classified as mentally challenged with a score of only 102. To put this is a better perspective, some third graders have a higher IQ than Obama has. In fact Obama has the lowest IQ of any president to date.”

Seems Barack is a Mental Midget compared to the Donald , and it Will be his Undoing Soon......

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

No, Obama is not "the leader" of the FBI ... James Comey is.

James Comey reports to the President, as does the Attorney General.

The President does not conduct investigations, place wiretaps, etc.

It's not the same thing, you know it, I know it.

I didn't read any further than that silliness.

As to "the buck stops here" ... ask Harry Truman.

The Captain of a naval vessel is not the chief engineer of the vessel but is still responsible for the Chief Engineers performance.

The President is responsible for the Executive ranch, which he is in charge of, which includes the FBI, DOJ and DNI.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

To what, your argument?

You responded to me, ostensibly regarding my argument, yet, you haven't made a single point about it aside from some silliness about politics.

Muting you now.

This seems to be the lefts argument now.. Just ignore people when you dont like what they are saying.

Please, grow up, engage in the debate, provide facts.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You will also find at Quoria evidence that aliens exist and that ghosts are real.

Also, you will find 4 other answers on that USER CREATED PAGE that estimate that his IQ is 110. Why aren't you mentioning those?

Oh, it's because you're making a ridiculous argument with an utterly useless source.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

To what, your argument?

Muting you now.

This seems to be the lets argument now.. Just ignore people when you dont like what they are saying.

Please, grow up, engage in the debate, provide facts.

I have provided facts, I have engaged in the debate ... here's a deal for you ... you post the way you'd like to and so will I.

Or address some part of an argument or discredit a fact I've posted ... or ... my preference, ignore me too.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Phoenix

Do you think the President is invovled in every investigation the FBI or Justice Department does?

Would it be proper to say President Obama was conducting an investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails?

The point is asinine; you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Nope, not asinine at all,

Consider one he might of interfered in, the other tacit approval based on his history.

You act as if they operate in vacuum which is an asinine proposition also.

Now if you had said something like case with legal issue rather than political that might be different.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Makes sense.

Only to you because no one here has made such an absurd slip-shod argument.

This started off by you saying.

It's simply disingenuous to claim that Department of Justice investigations involving members of Trump's campaign is the same as "Obama administration surveillance of Trump's Campaign."

That is not disingenuous, if it is shown there was surveillance. Why isn't the DOJ considered part of the Obama administration in your mind?

You then implied that Obama would not be involved in every investigation. Well he would have been informed of them, and he was in charge and had the power to stop them if he wanted, so yeas there is blame with him.

But maybe I misunderstood you. If so I apologize.

So Ill just ask you,

If it turns out that the DOJ unethically surveill people on trumps team, do you think Obama should take blame?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Responsibility does not denote liability.

If someone broke the law in the chain-of-command, you're saying that Obama would be brought up on charges?

So, if a rookie cop abuses his authority and makes a bad kill, they arrest the Chief of Police for murder?

zzzzz

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What makes you say its the CIA and not some other part of the IC ?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Was Obama aware of this theoretical abuse of power? Did he order anyone to break the law?

If so, yes. If not, no.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If someone broke the law in the chain-of-command, you're saying that Obama would be brought up on charges?

So, if a rookie cop abuses his authority and makes a bad kill, they arrest the Chief of Police for murder?

zzzzz

If a LT. on mid-watch runs the ship into the ground while the Captain is asleep the Captain is responsible.

link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

What makes you say its the CIA and not some other part of the IC ?

Do you bother to read what you respond to?

link   

Of course you are.
No room left to hear with your fingers in your ears while yelling lalalalala when your ridiculous partisan positions are exposed.

And this from someone who only a year ago was "welcoming" trump to run; my my how a year can change things.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

zzzzz

If a LT. on mid-watch runs the ship into the ground while the Captain is asleep the Captain is responsible.

Admiralty law is different from civil law. Why don't you answer my question rather than answering one you prefer.

Rookie cop shoots a civilian illegally. Is the Chief of Police guilty of murder?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Was Obama aware of this theoretical abuse of power? Did he order anyone to break the law?

If so, yes. If not, no.

I actually agree with you. I don't think that he had to ORDER the abuse, but if he kknew of it and didn't stop it, then he is responsible.

Having said that, it will be an extreme stretch to argue that if the DOJ was doing unethical things Obama didn't know about them, especially given the fact that he changed regulations to make it easier for the intel in this investigation to be shared with all agencies and even european allies.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Honestly, though....he is "responsible" meaning "its his job to correct and guide".

Mistakes happen. If the executive can be shown to have taken any and all reasonable measures to correct issues, then their liability likely stops there. If it becomes a pattern, however, then its an issue where the leadership could be to blame.

I'd prefer to see civilian standards applied to our civilian leadership.

new topics

top topics

<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join