It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Do you think the President is invovled in every investigation the FBI or Justice Department does?

Would it be proper to say President Obama was conducting an investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails?

The point is asinine; you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I Already Have One............" He Who Speaks the Unspoken " ..........

Hear I am with My Family..........

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66everyone knows it.

If only everyone knew it......this thread would have died at page one.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Two weeks ago???
He asked for a briefing from the ic on this issue in DECEMBER. The committee has been working on this since last summer. Way before you in your all knowing wisdom deemed him a trump toadie.
Must be nice to have values that change with the direction of the political wind. Keeping up with the former potus keeps you very flexable eh?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that even though Donald Trump praised WikiLeaks during the presidential campaign -- when it released troves of damaging emails from a key Hillary Clinton adviser -- he does not necessarily hold the same warm feelings for the anti-secrecy organization in light of the leaks of alleged CIA documents.

ABC

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Gryphon66everyone knows it.

If only everyone knew it......this thread would have died at page one.

Excellent point. I am corrected.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Two weeks ago???
He asked for a briefing from the ic on this issue in DECEMBER. The committee has been working on this since last summer. Way before you in your all knowing wisdom deemed him a trump toadie.
Must be nice to have values that change with the direction of the political wind. Keeping up with the former potus keeps you very flexable eh?

Take a minute and read my arguments and get back to me. Items 1 and 2 address everything you keep trying to say.

Or not.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Phoenix

Do you think the President is invovled in every investigation the FBI or Justice Department does?

Would it be proper to say President Obama was conducting an investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails?

The point is asinine; you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Yes. The buck stops with the president. He is the leader of the FBI, hence ultimately in charge of what they do.

Yes, it was OBAMA'S DOJ and FBI that was conducting an investigation into Hillary.

Or are you claiming that Obama was not involved in that decision in any way? If Obama found out the FBI was doing illegal or unethical things during their investigation, he could have shut it down.

So much for "the buck stops here" though, right. So we can never blame a president for anything unless they specifically order it? What a bad standard to set.

And I am not saying you specifically have done this Gryphon,

But why doesn't trump get the same benefit of the doubt? If any of Trumps people had ties with Russia, Trump is at fault. So you can't get upset about Trump over Flynns meeting, he wasn't there. Paul Manaforts connections; nope thats not trump so Trump can't get in any trouble. Etc.

Yet when it comes to Obama, when departments that he was in charge of take an action, we only blame the department and claim Obama is innocent.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that even though Donald Trump praised WikiLeaks during the presidential campaign -- when it released troves of damaging emails from a key Hillary Clinton adviser -- he does not necessarily hold the same warm feelings for the anti-secrecy organization in light of the leaks of alleged CIA documents.

ABC

Keep'n 'em triggered.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

ABC

Keep'n 'em triggered.

So, essentially, whatever happens, positive, negative, pro, con or indifferent is yet another example of Trump's genius?

That seems a bit ... all-encompassing, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

No, Obama is not "the leader" of the FBI ... James Comey is.

James Comey reports to the President, as does the Attorney General.

The President does not conduct investigations, place wiretaps, etc.

It's not the same thing, you know it, I know it.

I didn't read any further than that silliness.

As to "the buck stops here" ... ask Harry Truman.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Please direct me to any time you made these arguments before it became politically convenient for you. It appears you were ok with him on the committee when going after the ruskies; now when the former potus may be in jeopardy you have issues.

Your objections are purely political and yours alone.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So you can't get upset about Trump over Flynns meeting, he wasn't there. Paul Manaforts connections; nope thats not trump so Trump can't get in any trouble. Etc.

I'm a little sketchy on what you're saying here if you wouldn't mind clarifying. Are you stating that Trump met with no Russian officials so he can't be brought to task at times when others have?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

ABC

Keep'n 'em triggered.

So, essentially, whatever happens, positive, negative, pro, con or indifferent is yet another example of Trump's genius?

That seems a bit ... all-encompassing, doesn't it?

" The Average IQ is between 100–120 Donald Trump is estimated to have an IQ of about 156 placing him in the 99.9905490555 percentile classifying him as a “Genius”. Just because he has an IQ this high does not mean he is right or wrong as far as his policies go, after-all there have been many presidents from both sides of the isle who have had high IQ’s. "

www.quora.com...

Around 156 ? Smarter than Me , and the Average Person who Constantly Disses his Ahass Thinking they Know Better than Him . Who Else here Ran , and Became the President Of the United States in the Last Year ? .....Huh ? , Nobody ? .....GTFOFH .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Please direct me to any time you made these arguments before it became politically convenient for you. It appears you were ok with him on the committee when going after the ruskies; now when the former potus may be in jeopardy you have issues.

Your objections are purely political and yours alone.

Does it seem okay with me?

Gosh, you're a mind-reader too.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well, who are we to question the judgement of "Alex K, Hardcore Republican"?

I'm in vague hopes you intend this as humor.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Pointing out your own disingenuousness is always a plus......from the story you quoted part of

“When I came out last summer and said the biggest intelligence failure since last summer was our failure to understand Putin’s plans and intentions, the administration pushed back and the intelligence agencies pushed back," Nunes said. "So, I don’t need a lecture, and I’m not going to play politics with people who don’t even know what they’re talking about.”

Great when the heat is on trump; needs to be removed when the threat of investigating the former potus arises.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No, Obama is not "the leader" of the FBI ... James Comey is.

James Comey reports to the President, as does the Attorney General.

The President does not conduct investigations, place wiretaps, etc.

It's not the same thing, you know it, I know it.

I didn't read any further than that silliness.

As to "the buck stops here" ... ask Harry Truman.

Right. So if the DOJ or FBI acted improperly in the Trump investigation, Obama is totally in the clear.

But if one of Trumps people met did something illegal with Russians, then Trump will be punished.

Makes sense.

Remember this standard when you have a complaint about Trump in the future. ICE against splitting up families, well thats not Trump.

Military interfering with other countries, not Trump.

NSA, or CIA spying on Americans or political opponents, not Trump.

I am sure you will stay consistent with this all through Trumps presidency.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Flynn is who I was talking about and responding about so what is your point ?..eta seeing you were all about making substantial posts earlier
edit on 8-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No evidence of any objection you can provide?

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join