It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'll accept all that as an axiom. Given that ...

If there was nothing to hide (on the part of informing Pence) why resign over it?

If there was nothing amiss with his statements to the Senate (Jeff MFing Sessions) why recuse himself over it?

I understand how both situations can be ... minimized, legitimized, etc. (or put into perspective, depending on POV) ... but both of them took fairly drastic action as a result of these minor oversights?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not strawman at all.......

Looks like we can put Flynn and Sessions issues away because they are nothing but strawman distractions from subject matter at hand......

Which is........

Did........

Obama administration use Russians as false flag in order to influence the election using US gov. intelligence community assets at his disposal.

This is after all what Trump alluded to in his tweet and I've seen every manner strawman and distraction used in this lengthy thread to steer away from the question above.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Trump didn't "allude" to anything in his tweet.

He stated, bold-faced, that the previous President had put a "tapp" on him.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

See, here you go again, not just a few posts ago you indicated nothing illegal happened but here you are again insinuating something is there when you yourself insinuated nothing there not just a bit ago.

Talk about strawman - that's double dyslexic stawmanism.

I think Flynn and Sessions aspect is dead horse.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Phoenix because: Jeesh

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If there was nothing to hide (on the part of informing Pence) why resign over it?

If there was nothing amiss with his statements to the Senate (Jeff MFing Sessions) why recuse himself over it?

I understand how both situations can be ... minimized, legitimized, etc. (or put into perspective, depending on POV) ... but both of them took fairly drastic action as a result of these minor oversights?

Optics. I imagine Trump would like to tackle real issues.

Had Flynn not resigned, the media and democratic story would have been "Flynn has contacts with Russians!!!!" everytime he did something.

Same with Sessions recusal. What I find hilarious is that dems asked for sesssions to recuse himself, and then when he does they go "A ha! This proves he is guilty!"

If I was Trump or his people, I would take this as a sign to not try to work with the democrats at all, seeing as how any compromise with them will be used by them to prove that Trump and his team are wrong.

This is especially ironic seeing as how the dems defended Lynch not officially recusing herself even AFTER the meeting with Bill on the Tarmac.

The double standard is astounding to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Because he's most interesting man in the world, lol

Or because Obama went on fishing expedition.

I go with fishing.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

See, here you go again, not just a few posts ago you indicated nothing illegal happened but here you are again insinuating something is there when you yourself insinuated nothing there not just a bit ago.

Talk about strawman - that's double dyslexic stawmanism.

I think Flynn and Sessions aspect is dead horse.

I insinuated?

I stated outright. Here let me do it again.

Contacting the Russians on either man's part is not wrong on its face. Why lie about it? If they didn't lie, why take the actions they did?

Your inference that I mean something other than I'm clearly saying is your fallacy.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Because he's most interesting man in the world, lol

Or because Obama went on fishing expedition.

I go with fishing.

Trumps the most interesting man in the world to you?

May I kindly suggest you get out more?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I underestimated him so I get it, but at some point you have to stand back and say day-yum! I don't think he's being quite as underestimated on The Hill as heretofore however. Or at CNN. Ouch!! Keep paying attention, he's pretty durn good at strategy and knocking dirty-trick dumb-dicks in the dirt.
One of my first if not the first comment I made was the Donald throwing the rug into the ring LOL ...All the political threads and talk was about what looser the GOP would put up against their crowned queen ...Then the Email dump hit (a god send) ...Then people started looking at the press coverage and seeing green screens and there is waldo pics of her events .

In Canada we had this ABH chant anyone but Harper and the US got on board the ABC anyone but Clinton .Trump was still not in the race that you could find on any MSM talk ...Some people was saying that Trump was good ...others were saying he was lucky ... I would take being lucky over being good any day but Trump to me now seems to be someone who is good and lucky ...Add to that his opponents underestimate that there is smarts in the Trump team and you have your answer .

Trump is one smart lucky guy ...I am not sure that if even when he does or says less then smart things hes having dumb luck added to the mix ...But it is the best show in town that has everyone scratching their heads in wonder .Even Page acknowledges his wonderment of the Donald... The President of The United States of America ...thats pretty cool

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Suddenly Donald Trump is concerned with optics???

Oh Grambler.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I didn't understand in the past that some of you complained that the Obama sycophancy that you perceived was sickening.

I do now.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Suddenly Donald Trump is concerned with optics???

Oh Grambler.

Yes, he wants to get to work on issues and not be bogged down by accusations that working members of his team are Russian operatives.

Whats your theory why the resigned. That there was something shady in those meetings?

So lets take the Flynn situation. They have a full transcript of his talk with the russian ambassador, and have said there was no sign of wrong doing and they won't be pursuing any charges.

Is your claim that the IC is wrong about this? What info do you have that they don't that there was something bad in this conversation?

If you don't have that evidence, then what is your explanation for why Flynn resigned?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I didn't understand in the past that some of you complained that the Obama sycophancy that you perceived was sickening.

I do now.

Really with comments like this again.

If you feel this way, then imagine how those of us must feel about a person whose hatred of Trump is so deep and irrational that they feel his tweet about wiretaps PROVES he is guilty.

Perhaps you ought to look in the mirror to be sickened by sycophancy.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Wire taps such as they are these days do not require access to the building .
Just saying.
Not that I believe trump for a moment. But bugs, taps those are devices from the past. Now it's electronic.
Which also belies the story that a SS agent may have found a bug during a sweep as suggested by one link above.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have been out watching fishing tournament with Obama as the lead fisherman who did badly because he was too interested in the most interesting man in the world.

It appears his fishing skills became suspect as he had to resort to cheating - his partner HC lost for that reason and more. Seems both never realized there were no Russian fish in the lake as they were seen pulling Russian fish out of there livewells.

It's rumored the tournament judges are considering sanctions on both along with their fishing organizations.

Back home now wondering how TV viewers missed all the action and mistakenly think Obama and HC won something.

Reminds me of grade school children not accepting game loss to tell the truth.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Phoenix because: Losers

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Donald Trump either has to admit that his own private security firm failed him in their allowing of and lack of detection of these supposed bugs and wire taps, or admit that he's just blowing smoke from where the sun don't shine. All his people are going on TV saying "remember, Donald Trump gets security briefings and knows information we don't, so must have some evidence in those briefings", but the very people who prepare the briefings are saying no such evidence exists, at all.
VAULT 7 ...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that what trump did was not alluding to anything. He made a direct accusation .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I think they both need to answer some questions under oath.
Regardless of the outcome. These men need to clear up quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Obama being the head of the exec branch didn't know about the FISA?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I don't know why Flynn resigned. All I know is what was made public, and that the FBI didn't feel the need to do anything about it. He could have likely stayed in position. But maybe he'd already been looking at Melania out of the corner of his eye or something? I don't know....what is public doesn't seem to support his resignation though.

Sessions is a swamp dweller. He plays by swamp rules. So I can imagine he bowed to external pressure. Honestly, Trump should have never tapped him for the spot. I'd sooner see him flushed back into the swamp to be dealt with later.

edit on 3/8/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join