It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
No. We will not be privy to the classified aspects.

Alas, that's true, but this time it's starting to appear that we'll get more answers than usual. Plus, so far, Nunes and Cotton seem committed to making the inquiries as public as possible. I'm pretty sure parties, both R & D, that are on oversight committees are tired of having no real oversight. It's been a problem for awhile, so expect them to be pretty fired up to change that.

Further, with the new Wikileaks revelations, it would seem that the CIA losing $100 Billion of weaponized software code (much of it illegal) will mean that we DEFINITELY need some true oversight.

Everybody has been calling for Trump to declassify stuff and the language in places from the house intel guys seemed to suggest to me that he is. Yay for us all if so!

Maybe you should expand the reach of your research sources and get over the my-party-lost-so-I'm-mad blinders or go back to debunking SecureTeam UFO videos. You did pretty good on UFOs. Politics and patriotism not so much imo.

edit on 7-3-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Grambler

I agree and posted last night about what bad precedent spying on candidates by government set.

Those on other side this discussion discount that at great peril to the Republic and are demonstrating potential deficit of morality by continually insisting on using an unproven and publicly disavowed theory of Russian interference in election as motivation to basically approve the former administrations lawlessness and politicalization of intelligence apparatus for spying on opponents.

Is it a wonder, we proclaim "someone must've got to them" as time after time unconstutional legislation and acts were seemingly pulled out rabbits hat with last minute vote changes or judicial opinions flying in face of logic.

Weaponization of IC against domestic targets, especially judicial and political may be case.

I agree Grambler, just undefensible, yet they persist,

Great post. I will only add that most of those defending this were the ones screaming the loudest that they were scared that Trump would be a fascists dictator.

Yet they are cheering for this fascists dictatorial policy of spying on political opponents and releasing classified info to smear you opponents to other countries.

The doublethink is unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. We will not be privy to the classified aspects.

And yet foreign countries were privy to these classified aspects.

Regardless of the legality of this, I think it is dictatorial and must be rejected in the strongest possible manner.

But just for grins, can you show me any legal standard that the US may share classified info on an ongoing investigation into an American with foreign governments?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'd like to clarify that question a bit more as someone loves semantic holes and damn the logic.

"An American with no criminal activity shown in investigation up to time of sharing with foreign nations"

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
But just for grins, can you show me any legal standard that the US may share classified info on an ongoing investigation into an American with foreign governments?

Sharing Information with Foreign Partners

Strong and effective cooperation with our foreign partners is a vital component of the global war on terrorism. The President recognized the need to share information with foreign partners in his December 16, 2005, Memorandum to the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies. Accordingly, the sharing of terrorism-related information between Federal departments and agencies and foreign partners and allies forms a critical component of our information sharing strategy.

The counterterrorism mission requires sharing many types of terrorism-related information, for example, the exchange of biographic and biometric information related to known or suspected terrorists. While such sharing often includes classified information and sensitive diplomatic, law enforcement, and homeland security information relating to terrorism, it also encompasses other information that, over time, may help reveal links to terrorist groups or individuals. Information regarding lost or stolen passports and suspect financial transactions, for example, might yield information on groups or persons who subsequently are linked to a specific terrorist threat. In addition to asking for such information from other countries, it is also essential that we appropriately share similar types of information with foreign governments or foreign law enforcement entities, such as INTERPOL, as long as the sharing of any records about American citizens and lawful permanent residents data is subject to the Privacy Act of 1974 limitations, especially regarding personally identifiable information.

Information sharing with foreign partners is a key component of international outreach and cooperation to protect U.S. critical infrastructure. Given the often sensitive nature of the information shared, we will continue to enter into agreements and other understandings with foreign governments to ensure appropriate security and confidentiality of exchanged information. We must also expect that foreign governments will seek the same assurances from us. As a general rule, such agreements and understandings should seek sufficient security of information while also permitting flexible handling of the exchanged information to allow practical use. We must strive to ensure that safeguarding and handling restrictions are calibrated to maximize both the quantity and quality of information shared with, or received from, a foreign government. To the maximum extent possible, we will adopt and adhere to commonly accepted and standard safeguarding and handling restrictions.

There is the basic requirement that shared information be appropriately safeguarded and protected from public disclosure. Our foreign partners at times may ask us to agree to particular restrictions on the dissemination or use of the information. While it is preferable to avoid such restrictions, it may be necessary in certain circumstances to accept some limitations as a condition for receiving information with particularly high value. How we proceed in such situations will depend on the circumstances presented and our need for the information at issue. Our guiding objective will be to ensure that information received from a foreign government can be disseminated as broadly as possible and used for critical counterterrorism purposes.

Similar challenges arise in regard to sharing information with foreign governments that may contain personal data about United States citizens and permanent residents. In particular, the Privacy Act of 1974 confers certain protections upon information concerning citizens and lawful permanent residents. Accordingly and especially given considerations of reciprocity, we must remain sensitive to the potential impact on our citizens and lawful residents of sharing information involving U.S. persons with foreign partners. The United States must carry out its counterterrorism mission while also ensuring that appropriate protection of information regarding our citizens and lawful permanent residents. As part of approving the recommendations submitted to improve information sharing with foreign governments, the President directed that the potential impact on United States persons be considered when evaluating a proposed information sharing arrangement with a foreign government.

Special considerations present themselves in the area of sharing classified information with foreign governments. Such sharing will continue to occur in a relatively formal context, to account for the need to properly secure and limit disclosure of the information. Indeed, decisions of whether to share our Nation's classified information are extraordinarily sensitive and will be made with the utmost care. Our officials must remain cognizant of the imperative to our national security mission of maximizing the sharing of terrorism-related information, while also taking care to ensure that sharing arrangements do not result in the unintended compromising of our national security.

In summary, strong partnerships and trusted collaboration with foreign governments are essential components of the war on terror. Effective and substantial cooperation with our foreign partners requires sustained liaison efforts, timeliness, flexibility, and the mutually beneficial exchange of many forms of terrorism-related information. The strategic objectives for sharing information with foreign partners can be broadly summarized as follows:

Expanding and facilitating the appropriate and timely sharing of terrorism-related information between the United States and our foreign partners;

Ensuring that exchanges of information between the United States and foreign governments are accompanied by proper and carefully calibrated security requirements;

Ensuring that information received by Federal agencies from a foreign government under a sharing arrangement: (1) is provided to appropriate subject matter experts for interpretation, evaluation, and analysis; and (2) can be disseminated and used to advance our Nation's counterterrorism objectives;

Refining and drawing upon sets of best practices and common standards in negotiating sharing arrangements with foreign governments; and

Developing standards and practices to verify that sharing arrangements with foreign governments appropriately consider and protect the information privacy and other legal rights of Americans.

It will depend on the scope of the investigation and whether or not the case deals with the investigation expanding to a foreign nation.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the post.

First off, its a stretch to call an investigation into election fraud as "terrorism". If that strech can be made, then any crime could be considered potential terrorism, making all legal protections irrelevant.

Secondly, there was no proof that the Americans (Trump and his team) had done anything illegal, so their identities should have been protected.

Again, if they met the requirements for having their right under the 1074 privacy act waved, then the protections are worthless because the government can always claim they are potential connections to terrorism and share info about anyone.

Again, as mentioned before, imagine this scenario.

Obama had connections to Bill Ayers, who was a terrorist. Therefore we may investigate Obama under the auspices of counterterrorism, and share info with other countries.

Had this happened, the same people that are defending what is happening what is happening to Trump would be wailing about these unjustices to Obama.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think that this thread has made many of us stop for a moment and think or at least consider what might be true and what might not be ...This vid is one of those things that has to stop and think that , well maybe it is true what has been said about Obama

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm thinking since Egypt and several other nations has declared Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization we should share all information on Obamas contacts with that organization with those nations.

I bet dig deep enough and Hamas Hezbollah too!

At least I'm assuming many posters who condone Trump spying are surely ok if that's done - right?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

I'm thinking since Egypt and several other nations has declared Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization we should share all information on Obamas contacts with that organization with those nations.

I bet dig deep enough and Hamas Hezbollah too!

At least I'm assuming many posters who condone Trump spying are surely ok if that's done - right?

Thats exactly what I am saying. And yet they just don't get it. There partisanship is so entrenched that anything is justified to defeat there enemies.

Glenn Greenwald from the Intercept, who released the Snowden files and is a huge liberal, has pointed out the irony of the left, the party of anti establishment, is now rooting for the most establishment entity there is, the deep state.

Yet known of these people justify this behavior are capable of seeing it, even when people on the left are telling them how wrong they are.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Your preaching to the choir. I was just providing the information you were curious about.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Van Jones like creepy, upside down inside out theory my be bearing fruit.

We also have Michael Obamas, oh so moral "they go low we go high - they go high we go low.

I say they are "ends justify the means" types and are to be avoided when at all possible.

Obviously this spying is of the end justifies the means in its broadest application.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: GramblerAnd while I believe he erred in tweeting about this, I guess its understandable given how his opponents are going so far as to demand his impeachment with no evidnece of his wrong doing.

You think it's understandable that he flippantly could have caused the most egregious example of unwillingness to hold his tongue in modern history which could still prove to be devastating?

I'm not sure this is the forum to be so cavalier about something this serious. And frankly if it turns out it was mere whimsy that Trump did tweet in this manner, any calls for impeachment are justified in my eyes.

Free speech, even the potus has that 1st amendment right.

Try to impeach him over that.

Stupid tweet police live inside of my phone...

Nah. The free speech aspect is fine. As it seems is becoming evident with some posters, they simply want to pick and choose what elements of someones post they choose to respond to and ignore the rest. My point was simply that someone who finds it ok to employ that particular mindset, is not fit for the Presidency....he can say whatever he wants anytime he wants, I just personally don't want an irrational, irresponsible person with their finger on the trigger of planet killers.
edit on 7-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The point your missing is the Russia hacking BS,

You say it's BS and then...

which the government still has zero evidence to back the claim,

expect for evidence to be produced but don't want to use...

wiretaps

to procure the evidence.....what is it precisely you are hoping for....ESP evidence?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You did pretty good on UFOs. Politics and patriotism not so much imo.

Yeah, well. Views on patriotism and politics sort of depends on your point of view. Don't it? Is it patriotic to accuse a former president of illegal activity? To the general public? On freaking twitter? Without evidence?

But this isn't about me. Or you. Is it?
edit on 3/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, well. Views on patriotism and politics sort of depends on your point of view.Alas! The gales of tempest logic have torn my sails asunder. I am adrift in a sea of ignorance and have naught to do but fall to my knees, cast my eyes to the heavens, and cry "shiiillllll!"
-me
Sure
How is that ocean wall coming ?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I don't know what you're talking about. Or what it has to do with the topic. Which is often the case.
edit on 3/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I don't know what you're talking about.
All that sea level rising /global warming/climate change stuff you are into .

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Oh. So far so good.
Not sure what it has to do with Trump accusing Obama of tapping his phone.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Not sure what it has to do with Trump accusing Obama of tapping his phone.
It had nothing to do with Trumps phones being tapped but I am not sure if Obama actually tapped his phones .At least I wouldn't think he did , but he might have got someone else to do that .

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Tell that to our president.

new topics

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join