It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

again with the but obama but obama

and have you not been reading this thread...many examples

but the libs. but obama

I know, right?

Leftists love to accuse President Trump of lying, but can't stand the fact that their own failed Messiah, Obama, was BY FAR the biggest liar to hold the office since proven serial sexual predator, Bill Clinton (who lost his law license for lying).

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Indigo5

In reality only 9 were engaged in terrorist activity and the other 113 were released under bush. 9 of 122? is 7% .. His tweet was 7% true and 93% BS...
Your math looks absolutely correct ... but what does it mean ?

It's more complicated than a tweet.

"Engaged in terrorist activity" largely ranges from showed up in NSA/CIA chatter with terrorists to being active in the field with AQ or ISIS.

Pres. GWB released 532 prisoners...113 showed up as "terrorist activity" afterwards (21.2%)
Pres. BHO released 161 prisoners ...9 showed up as "terrorist activity" afterwards (5.6%)

To complicate the logic...

When we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq under Pres. GWB. We sent CIA and Military Intelligence around with duffel bags of cash, paying locals and local militia generous "Bounties" for terrorists.

And often those local militias would kidnap strangers or even people they had a grudge against and turn them over to Americans for CASH...."Here's a terrorist"...

the cash for terrorists program swooped up a huge number of innocent people...no one disagrees with that, the military has repeatedly admitted the problem.

But...If you were, lets say, an 18 year old in Afghanistan who didn't care much about AQ or the USA and all of a sudden you are kidnapped by some militia and given to the US military as a "terrorist" in exchange for cash...sent to Guantanamo...and tortured for information you don't have for a couple of years?...They finally after kidnapping, torture and imprisonment for 2-3 years confirm that you were one of the innocent guys traded fro money?...They put you on a plane and return you to Afghanistan ...

The rub is...that kid might not have hated the USA before...But after being innocent and imprisoned and tortured by the US Military at Guantanamo bay for a 2-3 years? He might now have a reason to join AQ or ISIS.

It complicates things...Some of the ones that are involved in terrorism now...might not have been terrorists when they were sent to Guantanamo.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

does it make you feel better about trump to keep saying others lie or have lied as well.

i just dont get why all the deflections.....you do it a lot as so many others.

start a thread about trump and within a few posts someone starts with the but obama

edit on 7-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The best way to no the truth is to have an investigation.

I actually quite respect your position on almost everything, as I have for some time. But the above, at what point is someone just completely untrustworthy if everytime you want to glean some measure of veracity from them you need to launch an investigation? That's not really the way it's supposed to work. A modicum of trust would not be out of line.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: SBMcG

does it make you feel better about trump to keep saying others lie or have lied as well.

i just dont get why all the deflections.....you do it a lot as so many others.

start a thread about trump and within a few posts someone starts with the but obama

Oh save it. Bush was blamed for 8 years. Probably still is.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: GramblerAnd while I believe he erred in tweeting about this, I guess its understandable given how his opponents are going so far as to demand his impeachment with no evidnece of his wrong doing.

You think it's understandable that he flippantly could have caused the most egregious example of unwillingness to hold his tongue in modern history which could still prove to be devastating?

I'm not sure this is the forum to be so cavalier about something this serious. And frankly if it turns out it was mere whimsy that Trump did tweet in this manner, any calls for impeachment are justified in my eyes.

So him saying Obama wiretapped him, when newspapers have been reporting for months that people on Trumps team were under surveillance, is grounds for impeachment if untrue?

So then would those that have claimed that Trump was colluding with Russians or that his team had racists on it, or that he is going to destroy the constitution is also grounds for impeachment for those people, right?

And also, if it is found out that someone in Obamas admin did have people on Trumps team surveilled, you clearly think that is a huge deal (as you show by saying the accusal is very serious) then ypou agree those people should be prosecuted, right?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Oh good grief ...

Trump blames Obama for releasing Guantanamo Bay detainees who were mostly freed under Bush

According to a report on re-engagement through July 2016, 122 of the 693 former detainees who were transferred out of Gitmo went back to terrorism. Bush oversaw the release of 532 detainees, and 113 of them — more than one-fifth — were confirmed to have re-engaged, according to the report.

Trump incorrectly blames Obama for release of 122 'vicious' Gitmo detainees

But according to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, 113 of the 122 former detainees who have re-engaged in terrorism were released before January 2009, when former President Barack Obama took office.

Looks like Trump is just playing the same game as the media and those that parrot them.

At least you finally admit Trump's mouth is volcano of FAKE NEWS...

It is the media that has continually debunked his lies..

It does seem like he has decided to fight fire with fire.

For effs sake HIS ENTIE CAMPAIGN won Poltifact LIE OF THE YEAR AWARD for 2015..

For you to act like his lieing is some new thing he is trying out is one massive Trumpism (My new word for lies).

They will say things like "While Trump was technically right about the crime numbers, its not the whole picture... Mostly false"

They are just like snopes, horribly biased.

What is true about this?

Donald Trump wrong that murder rate is highest in 47 years
www.politifact.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see what comes

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I actually quite respect your position on almost everything, as I have for some time. But the above, at what point is someone just completely untrustworthy if everytime you want to glean some measure of veracity from them you need to launch an investigation? That's not really the way it's supposed to work. A modicum of trust would not be out of line.

We have seen numerous examples of the media lying, of dems lying, of repubs lying, etc.

I agree that trust would be best, but it seems as if people from all sides on all of these groups are untrustworthy.

I am sorry its this way too, but what should we do, not have an investigation?

Then whose word do you recommend we trust?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh good grief ...

Trump blames Obama for releasing Guantanamo Bay detainees who were mostly freed under Bush

According to a report on re-engagement through July 2016, 122 of the 693 former detainees who were transferred out of Gitmo went back to terrorism. Bush oversaw the release of 532 detainees, and 113 of them — more than one-fifth — were confirmed to have re-engaged, according to the report.

Trump incorrectly blames Obama for release of 122 'vicious' Gitmo detainees

But according to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, 113 of the 122 former detainees who have re-engaged in terrorism were released before January 2009, when former President Barack Obama took office.

Looks like Trump is just playing the same game as the media and those that parrot them.

At least you finally admit Trump's mouth is volcano of FAKE NEWS...

It is the media that has continually debunked his lies..

It does seem like he has decided to fight fire with fire.

For effs sake HIS ENTIE CAMPAIGN won Poltifact LIE OF THE YEAR AWARD for 2015..

For you to act like his lieing is some new thing he is trying out is one massive Trumpism (My new word for lies).

They will say things like "While Trump was technically right about the crime numbers, its not the whole picture... Mostly false"

They are just like snopes, horribly biased.

What is true about this?

Donald Trump wrong that murder rate is highest in 47 years
www.politifact.com...

I was just ussing that as an example. If you want me to, I can dig up the posts I made on politicfact during the debates and the RNC where I showed how they made fools of themselves.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

this must be likes trump 'for every new regulation signed, two are gone' deal i think

every time someone says something negative about the donald, a trumpet has to say at least 2 bad things about 1 or more former presidents, preferably dem though

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No. him just whimsically tweeting with allegations about a former President with complete realization that it was whimsical and false is what is grounds for impeachment in my eyes as he is clearly not mentally suited for the position.

edit on 7-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

link   

General question: If we can't depend on a public figure's EXACT WORDS to be truthful and meaningful as they are stated, how do we know what the truth is?

Great question.

Trump seems to exaggerate or lie about things.

originally posted by: [post=21986523]Grambler

If people want to continue to be outraged at these tweets that are partially true but technically wrong.

This question to you and others that seem to vacillate?

Are Trumps tweets to be taken seriously as cause for congressional investigations?

Or do people take his tweets too seriously and shouldn't be giving them credence or attention?

link   

I can't find my post. But it had a lot of things like this.

Politifact decided to fact-check one of President Donald Trump’s tweets Sunday and found that “the numbers check out.” The fact-checking site then rated the tweet “mostly false.”

“The media has not reported that the National Debt in my first month went down by $12 billion vs a $200 billion increase in Obama first mo,” Trump tweeted.

The tweet from Trump came after Gateway Pundit reported on the change in the national debt under the two respective presidents and after former Godfather Pizza CEO Herman Cain brought up the figures on Fox News.

Politifact wrote: “The numbers check out. And in fact, the total public debt has dropped another $22 billion since the Gateway Pundit article published, according to data from the U.S. Department of Treasury.”

Despite this, Politifact still gave Trump a rating of “mostly false” and titled its article, “Why Donald Trump’s tweet about national debt decrease in his first month is highly misleading.”

dailycaller.com...

See when Trump is "technically" right, it doesn't matter because we have to look at the big picture. But when he is "technically" wrong, thats all that matters.

They are a joke.

link   

The rub is...that kid might not have hated the USA before...But after being innocent and imprisoned and tortured by the US Military at Guantanamo bay for a 2-3 years? He might now have a reason to join AQ or ISIS. It complicates things...Some of the ones that are involved in terrorism now...might not have been terrorists when they were sent to Guantanamo.
I think you could draw equal points and concerns about the Prison system in the US as well ...The old Hope and Change yes we can didn't do much and things probably got worse . Now there is a new guy on the block who is nothing like the old guys were ...He is not the same old same old ...I say stand back and watch him go ...Even if its only for entertainment because he is the best show in town .

If he happens to get lucky and makes a few things better then so be it . It doesn't seem to be able to get any worse then its been for the last few decades . Watch the hearings that are coming up on the 20th .Make notes . See if there are any squirms coming from the questions ...Or watch Brown Town

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
All in his right to do...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

We have seen numerous examples of the media lying, of dems lying, of repubs lying, etc.

I agree that trust would be best, but it seems as if people from all sides on all of these groups are untrustworthy.

I am sorry its this way too, but what should we do, not have an investigation?

Then whose word do you recommend we trust?

Actually, one would like to think that a majority of what is spoken word from the leader of our country can be taken at face value and as trustworthy. Some things absolutely require an investigation, but not an overwhelming majority as it seems (and as you rightfully pointed out).

ETA: with that said, I'm not really sure I have, or if there even is, an answer to your question that makes sense. Who knows, with the state of technology, perhaps each President will be required to constantly wear Bluetooth polygraphs that (like ATS' hoax bin) label BS with HOAX.
edit on 7-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

General question: If we can't depend on a public figure's EXACT WORDS to be truthful and meaningful as they are stated, how do we know what the truth is?

Great question.

Trump seems to exaggerate or lie about things.

originally posted by: [post=21986523]Grambler

If people want to continue to be outraged at these tweets that are partially true but technically wrong.

This question to you and others that seem to vacillate?

Are Trumps tweets to be taken seriously as cause for congressional investigations?

Or do people take his tweets too seriously and shouldn't be giving them credence or attention?

Yes there should be an investigation, because although Obama may not have personally ordered Trumps phone to be tapped, there seems to be a lot of smoke about potential Fisa warrants on Trunmp and his team, leaks from conversations in Trump towers, and other things.

Are you more concerned with the exact language of Trumps twee, or the fact that a sitting political party may have surveilled their opponent?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SolarSon

First amendment rights. He can say Mars is made of cheese.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

And also, if it is found out that someone in Obamas admin did have people on Trumps team surveilled, you clearly think that is a huge deal (as you show by saying the accusal is very serious) then ypou agree those people should be prosecuted, right?

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this section, which is important...yes, I do 100% agree that if Obama is found culpable by law and perpetrated an offense, he should be held accountable in the strongest possible manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join