It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So you're saying that Trump lied intentionally in the Gitmo tweet?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes Sir
.....Looks like its is going to be a something to watch .I wonder if Obama will show LOL or Lynch LOL or better yet Hillary LOL,LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Not sure.
He either just skimmed a report and tweeted or he purposely set the hares running again. I just don't know.
If it was on purpose then it's probably more of an issue, if it was a misread of a report then it's not much of an issue.
edit on 7/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Haven't you been reading the posts from his supporters?

Going by what they have said it is perfectly fine that he is lying because he is playing some sort of game with the media.

Many seem to support that.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I have been reading those remarks.

I have also seen the not so subtle digs at those who backup claims with sources being maligned as parrots.

The only thing that matters to me is the truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Indigo5

Again about the gitmo thing, what trump tweets is technically wrong, but there is some truth to it.

He said 122 people that Obama released from Guantanamo had "engaged in" terrorist activity.
In reality only 9 were engaged in terrorist activity and the other 113 were released under bush.

9 of 122? is 7% ..

His tweet was 7% true and 93% BS...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Haven't you been reading the posts from his supporters?

Going by what they have said it is perfectly fine that he is lying because he is playing some sort of game with the media.

Many seem to support that.

It would be better if he were not engaged in an information war, but I understand why he would have had enough of liars in the media and their parrots. The phrase "tough" comes to mind. This is the game the left wants to play, and have been playing for years. I back Trump to beat them at their own game. Perhaps if there is more honesty all round then the current environment can settle down.

In the meantime, a few people will check and verify everything, but the majority will be led by the nose.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Gotcha.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Again about the gitmo thing, what trump tweets is technically wrong, but there is some truth to it.

He said 122 people that Obama released from Guantanamo had "engaged in" terrorist activity.
In reality only 9 were engaged in terrorist activity and the other 113 were released under bush.

9 of 122? is 7% ..

The bigger point is that a high percentage of terrorists go back to the battlefield. In fact Trumps error is that he should have said Bush & Obama. Both were inept, so I guess that would have been more effective.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

In reality only 9 were engaged in terrorist activity and the other 113 were released under bush. 9 of 122? is 7% .. His tweet was 7% true and 93% BS...
Your math looks absolutely correct ... but what does it mean ?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

9 of 122? is 7% ..

Thats one way to look at it, and again its technically correct.

But the larger point is many of those released have returned to the battlefield. He got the name wrong, but the number right (apparently).

If people want to continue to be outraged at these tweets that are partially true but technically wrong, I am fine with that. But you are going to have a very long 4 years.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Trump tweets the truth and the leftists automatically accuse him of lying.

Obama tells obvious lie after lie after lie from the myriad lies surrounding his dreadful Barrycare health scam, Benghazi, blatant lies about tax cuts, lies about the number of black men in prison, his bungling of VA facilities, and on and on and on.

For 8 years Obama never stopped lying, but it's Trump who's the liar now [SMDH]...

Just out of curiosity, can one of you leftists give me an example of a recent Trump "lie"?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Oh good grief ...

Trump blames Obama for releasing Guantanamo Bay detainees who were mostly freed under Bush

According to a report on re-engagement through July 2016, 122 of the 693 former detainees who were transferred out of Gitmo went back to terrorism. Bush oversaw the release of 532 detainees, and 113 of them — more than one-fifth — were confirmed to have re-engaged, according to the report.

Trump incorrectly blames Obama for release of 122 'vicious' Gitmo detainees

But according to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, 113 of the 122 former detainees who have re-engaged in terrorism were released before January 2009, when former President Barack Obama took office.

Looks like Trump is just playing the same game as the media and those that parrot them.

At least you finally admit Trump's mouth is volcano of FAKE NEWS...

It is the media that has continually debunked his lies..

It does seem like he has decided to fight fire with fire.

For effs sake HIS ENTIE CAMPAIGN won Poltifact LIE OF THE YEAR AWARD for 2015..

For you to act like his lieing is some new thing he is trying out is one massive Trumpism (My new word for lies).

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

9 of 122? is 7% ..

Thats one way to look at it, and again its technically correct.

But the larger point is many of those released have returned to the battlefield. He got the name wrong, but the number right (apparently).

If people want to continue to be outraged at these tweets that are partially true but technically wrong, I am fine with that. But you are going to have a very long 4 years.

The faux outrage is all part of the strings Trump has these people on. I just don't understand why their attention is drawn so much by Twitter. The healthcare plan was released today...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh good grief ...

Trump blames Obama for releasing Guantanamo Bay detainees who were mostly freed under Bush

According to a report on re-engagement through July 2016, 122 of the 693 former detainees who were transferred out of Gitmo went back to terrorism. Bush oversaw the release of 532 detainees, and 113 of them — more than one-fifth — were confirmed to have re-engaged, according to the report.

But according to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, 113 of the 122 former detainees who have re-engaged in terrorism were released before January 2009, when former President Barack Obama took office.

Looks like Trump is just playing the same game as the media and those that parrot them.

For you to act like his lieing is some new thing he is trying out is one massive Trumpism (My new word for lies).

Every single time I have looked into a politifact fact check of Trump I find errors or exagerations. They will say things like "While Trump was technically right about the crime numbers, its not the whole picture... Mostly false"

They are just like snopes, horribly biased.

link   

Oh good grief ...

Well, I see a whole set of promises he made, and I see an administration aiming to keep those promises. That is all that matters. The game show antics around the edges is not really that important.

link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Obama tells obvious lie after lie after lie from the myriad lies surrounding his dreadful Barrycare health scam, Benghazi, blatant lies about tax cuts, lies about the number of black men in prison, his bungling of VA facilities, and on and on and on.

For 8 years Obama never stopped lying, but it's Trump who's the liar now [SMDH]...

Just out of curiosity, can one of you leftists give me an example of a recent Trump "lie"?

again with the but obama but obama

and have you not been reading this thread...many examples

but the libs. but obama

link   

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

The only time he tweets the truth it is about the apprentice all the rest are half truths or completely fabricated.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GramblerAnd while I believe he erred in tweeting about this, I guess its understandable given how his opponents are going so far as to demand his impeachment with no evidnece of his wrong doing.

You think it's understandable that he flippantly could have caused the most egregious example of unwillingness to hold his tongue in modern history which could still prove to be devastating?

I'm not sure this is the forum to be so cavalier about something this serious. And frankly if it turns out it was mere whimsy that Trump did tweet in this manner, any calls for impeachment are justified in my eyes.

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join