It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 214
<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Grambler

He also said it wouldn't be appropriate for Trump to just release the info because they would be accused of being interfering with Congress investigation.

thank you.
fair enough i guess.

i wonder if he thinks it appropriate the way trump tweeted his allegations saying he has evidence.
oh well.
thanks for filling me in

No problem.

Well since this is the top post on the page I might as well say something.

I think a congressional investigation is a good thing.

Besides the supposed Fisa requests, their could have been other surveillance such as NSA listening in. An investigation would be neccessary to determine how deep that could go.

In addition, the investigation can also get to the bottom of who is leaking information.

So even though I too would like to see what evidence Trump has, I am willing to wait for the investigation. And while I believe he erred in tweeting about this, I guess its understandable given how his opponents are going so far as to demand his impeachment with no evidnece of his wrong doing.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My take is Julian Assange did. As an investigative journalist, he has immunity from hacking.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

I think Trump knew about the wire since November and discussed it with Bannon.

He got pissed when Bannon leaked the story to Breitbart. That derailed his internal investigation and tipped off those under scrutiny. He's trying to play it off as fresh news to keep them from getting too spooked.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Very interesting...

Well, there has always been a fair amount of "hit-and-run" trolling here. I guess I've just gotten used to ignoring it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So Comey only comment was he is a Giant fan?

Darn he looks very secure of himselve and his job, right?

Now that the CIA is the Target of the Wifileaks.

link   

He's the boss of the intel community now. Why would he not enjoy this power entitled to him?

link   

originally posted by: 1984Wacher

My take is Julian Assange did. As an investigative journalist, he has immunity from hacking.

Not really.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

i got home from work right as the press conference was ending.

does anyone know what spicer said about trumps allegations?
possible proof?

i have a feeling not much of anything was said but still....might as well ask

He said that they were going to leave congress do an investigation and he had nothing new to add.

He said he personally hadn't seen the evidence Trump was referring to but he wouldn't be in those types of meetings.

He also said it wouldn't be appropriate for Trump to just release the info because they would be accused of being interfering with Congress investigation.

So Twitterverse is OK venue to release information? But he can't and didn't share with his Press. Secretary..or anyone else in his cabinet by all accounts...since no one knows what he is talking about?

The information came to him in the morning at Mar-Largo? Just before he also exposed on twitter that Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't resigning from apprentice, but had instead been fired for not having HUUUGE ratings like himself?

At somepoint you have to distinguish between trolling and reality...even if just in your own mind for the sake of preserving internal logic centers.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

He's the boss of the intel community now. Why would he not enjoy this power entitled to him?

Hmmm.

Isn't Mr. Trump the enemy of the IC "Deep State" though?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The intel community is part of the exec branch. The president is the head of the exec branch. Private face. Public face. Politician snake.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Okay.

*backs away from you slowly before the fireballs hit*

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
a reply to: syrinx high priest

I think Trump knew about the wire since November and discussed it with Bannon.

He got pissed when Bannon leaked the story to Breitbart. That derailed his internal investigation and tipped off those under scrutiny. He's trying to play it off as fresh news to keep them from getting too spooked.

Nice pun there on "spooked."

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That's why he kept his private twitter account. On this account he can attack anyone, say whatever wild and claim it's a joke without getting into trouble.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That's why he kept his private twitter account. On this account he can attack anyone, say whatever wild and claim it's a joke without getting into trouble.

so in other words be super presidential?

got it

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The president is a civilian too. He is the commander in chief but only has a civilian rank.
edit on 7-3-2017 by 1984Wacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think a Congressional investigation will be a GREAT thing! The Obama Regime and Obama personally have so many loose threads hanging out there that all it will take is a tug in the right direction for the whole scam to unravel.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

My first thought was to puke but then I got to thinking and laughing and laughing ...Oh Donald you naughty man

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

i got home from work right as the press conference was ending.

does anyone know what spicer said about trumps allegations?
possible proof?

i have a feeling not much of anything was said but still....might as well ask

He said that they were going to leave congress do an investigation and he had nothing new to add.

He said he personally hadn't seen the evidence Trump was referring to but he wouldn't be in those types of meetings.

So Twitterverse is OK venue to release information? But he can't and didn't share with his Press. Secretary..or anyone else in his cabinet by all accounts...since no one knows what he is talking about?

The information came to him in the morning at Mar-Largo? Just before he also exposed on twitter that Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't resigning from apprentice, but had instead been fired for not having HUUUGE ratings like himself?

At somepoint you have to distinguish between trolling and reality...even if just in your own mind for the sake of preserving internal logic centers.

I think his tweet had problems too.

Ben Shapirro described this the best I feel.

Here is a pattern of what happens.

Trump tweets or says something that is not exactly correct but has some truth to it.

The left looks at it and says its not 100% true, so Trump lied and there is nothing to it.

The right says well yes he was technically wrong, but there is some truth to what he is saying. The left then denies any possible truth connected to it.

Take Trumps sweden comment for example. Technically he was wrong there was no attack that day in Sweden. But there are a lot of problems in sweden with immigrants. The left just focused on Trumps exact words, and called him a liar. They then acted like Sweden is a utopia with no problems with immigrants. The right then pointed out that these probelms do exist but the left refuses to acknowledge it.

Now take Trumps wiretap tweet. It is more than likely true that Trump is technically wrong. I highly doubt Obama personally ordered Trump phone to be tapped.

However it is quite possible that there was some surveillance on people in Trumps team. (How else would they have leaked about Flynn)

Now the left points out that Trump is technically wrong, but in doing so they ignore the grain of truth that there were people surveilled by Obamas admin. Now you have place like the New York Times feigning ignorance at the suggestion of wiretaps, when they themselves reported on taps in January!

So the point is, Trump does shoot his mouth of, we should know that by now. And he is more than likely technically wrong about his tweet. But I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there is some truth to the fact that the Obama admin surveilled people on Trumps team, which is highly problematic given the leaks we are seeing.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

The president is a civilian too. He is the commander in chief but only has a civilian rank.

ok man.
whatever you say

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's where I am with the topic.

Trump tweeted again today that Obama had released re-offenders from Guantanimo.

(He hadn't, which someone discovered in about 10 minutes; it was GW)

These are Trump's idea of "firing a shot across Obama's bow" ... because he likely believes the fringe theory that Obama is about to mount a PR campaign against him.

Personally, I don't think that's what Obama is doing per se ... but I think Trump believes it.

EDIT: I do still believe that Mr. Trump's gambit in this will backfire on him, because there are ongoing investigations ... I hope whatever it is doesn't amount to treason.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join