It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Olivine

The FISA court requires the President to request the warrant, through the Attorney General.

Nope...

a White House spokesman told The Fact Checker that the White House instead is relying on reports ‘‘from BBC, Heat St., New York Times, Fox News, among others.’’ He provided a list of five articles.
So what do we have here?

(excerpt summarizing articles...)

Only two articles, both with British roots, have reported that a FISA court order was granted in October to examine possible activity between two Russian banks and a computer server in the Trump Tower.

This claim has not been confirmed by any U.S. news organizations. Moreover, neither article says Obama requested the order or that it resulted in the tapping of Trump’s phone lines.

Moreover, the articles do not support the White House’s claim that these were ‘‘potentially politically motivated investigations’’ led by Obama.

The articles all suggest the FISA requests - if they happened - were done by the intelligence agencies and the FBI. The BBC says the investigation was prompted by a tip from a Baltic country about possible criminal activity:

‘‘Last April, the CIA director was shown intelligence that worried him. It was - allegedly - a tape recording of a conversation about money from the Kremlin going into the US presidential campaign.

‘‘It was passed to the US by an intelligence agency of one of the Baltic States. The CIA cannot act domestically against American citizens so a joint counter-intelligence task force was created.’’

---

While the Trump White House cited five news reports to justify its request for a congressional investigation, only two actually are relevant.

It’s certainly ironic that the Trump White House - which has heavily criticized articles relying on anonymous sources - now relies on articles based on anonymous sources that cites information that has not been confirmed by any U.S. news organization. It would be amusing if it were not so sad.

Even if these reports are accepted as accurate, neither back up Trump’s claims that Obama ordered the tapping of his phone calls. Moreover, they also do not back up the administration’s revised claim of politically motivated investigations.

We’re still waiting for the evidence.

www.bostonglobe.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

All great questions, IF there was in fact a Warrant issued. Which we still don't know yet.

We're kinda stuck right here until some more info comes out. We're just spinning our wheels for no reason until something more is known.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Trump supporters don't live in reality.

They must create a #alternativereality by prefacing everything with "what if," statements - because they know they're full of #.

Yeah those darn Trump supporters.

I mean I can't stand how ever since the election they have been running around screaming "What if Trump worked with the Russians to steal the election!"

Oh wait...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Still waiting on the Russia - Trump evidence Democrats keep claiming exists all the while Tapper says there are none.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

originally posted by: Grambler

So when Obamas spokesman said this to prove they didn't surveill trump; "As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false."

We know he is lying because the surveilled journalists like James Rosen. Notice his claim doesn't mention criminal investigations, it says they never did it period.

I disagree.
We don't know Obama's spokesperson was lying. NSA may very well have spied on journalists and foreign .s of state. But that is not the same as saying Obama or his WH ordered the surveillance.
See the difference?

Yes I do. This means Obamas defense is a semantic game that means nothing. So we can assume Trump may very well have been tapped by the NSA, its just that Obama didn't "order" it. We know that Obama did sign an EO that then allowed all info got by agencies to be disseminated to the rest of them.

So Obamas denial is absolute garbage.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You didn't really answer my question.
The FISA court allowed the NSA to force , by warrant, all the cell phone communications of telephone service providers. Is there some reason that you find that to be warranted?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Who needs proof when you have Twitter?

Twitter should be a new precedent in court cases when it comes to undeniable proof.

No one minded that Hillary ran her entire campaign from Twitter,
because she refused to hold a press conference, afraid of confrontation
about her illegal server.

edit on 6-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The actual law has been cited numerous times in this thread.
You are wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: butcherguy

Even if that is the case and he got a FISA warrant. The the tap would be totally legal and with some justified cause for getting it.

The only win for Trump in this case is to prove some kind of illegal wire tap.

If a FISA was granted then it was done because there was a reason to do so.

Not according to this article posted by SBMcG.

lawnewz.com...

It outlines many that this would have included illegal actions.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Still waiting on the Russia - Trump evidence Democrats keep claiming exists all the while Tapper says there are none.

Everyone who is asked, including Democrats, say there is none. But that does not stop the propaganda...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Give a couple months..Not that liberals will like a President Pence much, but that's the plan. It's why Pence has been hiding as much as possible to distance himself from Orange Menace.

In the CIA-NSA-FBI Trifecta investigation, Comey was the hold out and blocking public disclosure...But with Trump publicly calling Comey a liar this weekend, I imagine the investigation will pick up speed.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Are you saying If they issued that Warrant?? Or that they did already Issue that Warrant???

If you're asking me personally if I agree with it then my answer would probably be NO. Because I don't know how they could justify that.

But of course, they are the court in charge of such things and they don't really care what I think about it. So my opinion of when or why they issue warrants means nothing. If they say it's justified then that's just how it is and neither you or I can stop that.

But what does any of that have to do with this topic??

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Give a couple months..Not that liberals will like a President Pence much, but that's the plan. It's why Pence has been hiding as much as possible to distance himself from Orange Menace.

In the CIA-NSA-FBI Trifecta investigation, Comey was the hold out and blocking public disclosure...But with Trump publicly calling Comey a liar this weekend, I imagine the investigation will pick up speed.

Hiding, lol.
Funny that, he was just recently on the Michael Savage show lauding your President...

Enjoy:

Can you provide the link for Trump calling Comey a liar?

edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Not that liberals will like a President Pence much...

I can stomach regressive and repressive political regimes a fair deal better when existential threat isn't a factor.
edit on 10pm17fpmMon, 06 Mar 2017 13:41:05 -0600America/ChicagoMon, 06 Mar 2017 13:41:05 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul talked about this today on his show The Liberty Report.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Indigo5

The actual law has been cited numerous times in this thread.
You are wrong.

Where does it say a President HAS TO sign off on a FISA Warrant? Like you claimed.

Where does it say a FISA warrant can target American Citizens?
edit on 6-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
How many people would accept this scenario?

During the later years of the Bush administration his DOJ wiretapped then Senator Obama, and his cabinet appointees.

They wouldn't.

But Obama defenders in this thread defend Obamas actions.

Because as the president of the US.

The buck stops at the oval.

link   

the investigation has been on going for some time...

At what point to we move from investigation to fishing expedition?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ok, well if they did something illegal then.

Not sure how the court issuing a Warrant would be illegal, but if that can be proven to be true fine.

If they did anything illegal then charge them for it and prove it.

But if it was legal and Trump can't prove his claim then he's lying.

One or the other of those outcomes will be the conclusion to this. That's what I'm waiting for. I don't care which one it is as long as it's over with.

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join