It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, you're a crusader ... in your own mind.

No, you don't need any help in hypocrisy; you seem to have that down pat.

As well as repeating the same things over and over and over ... would that make you a master of boredom or just OCD?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

LMAO better yet, actually you are wanting someone who asks "How did Flynn get caught LYING" like lying is a defendable action to give you a rational non partisan reply.

One piece of evidence involves the Justice Department warning to the White House that Flynn lied when he said he hadn’t discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador during a December phone call.

nypost.com...

So how did the DOJ and the media know the contents of that call ?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

they just cant make that go away can they

who had the info on flynn
who gave it to the media

who puts the ic on the opposition political party

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Berns23

Because it's still classified.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They hate Trump so much they don't care the law was broken.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, you're a crusader ... in your own mind.

No, you don't need any help in hypocrisy; you seem to have that down pat.

As well as repeating the same things over and over and over ... would that make you a master of boredom or just OCD?

Please link to anything hypocritical that I have said here.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Let’s be perfectly clear here: The scenario painted by President Trump of his predecessor tasking the IC with wiretapping Trump Tower simply could not have happened without a far-reaching and highly illegal conspiracy involving the White House and several of our spy agencies, above all the National Security Agency.
My friends still at NSA, where I served as the technical director of the Agency’s biggest operational division, have told me without exception that Trump’s accusation is wholly false, a kooky fantasy.

Further down in the article from the Observer

That said, given the now-known contacts between Team Trump and high-ranking Russians last year, it’s very plausible that NSA and other spy agencies intercepted Kremlin communications which might have incidentally involved associates of our current president. But neither Donald Trump nor his surrogates were being spied on as themselves. If they didn’t realize their shady Russian friends might be considered foreign intelligence targets by NSA and other Western intelligence services, that’s on them.

There is no proof behind the POTUS's claims. They are wholly absurd.

And regarding leaks, I agree that folks in the IC are walking a fine line between illegal leaking and patriotic whistleblowing; but are you not the least bit concerned about the myriad leaks coming from within Trump's executive branch?
For example, Inside Trump's Fury

This account of the administration’s tumultuous recent days is based on interviews with 17 top White House officials, members of Congress and friends of the president, many of whom requested anonymity to speak candidly.

These leaks are from his friends and top WH officials. Let that sink in.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

He has asked the justice dept to quash this. That would fall to Jefferson Sessions. What do you think the chances of that are?

So far everyone thinks this was a trump delusion based on a conspiracy website claim. He has nothing. That fat chick with the black hair is out on the circuit with a passel of Ifs... if Obama did this it's the biggest scandal since watergate. If if if. Joe Scarborough said that's akin to saying if Bush had helped OJ kill Nicole Brown it would be the biggest scandal. Or IF Obama had killed Jon Benet Ramsey it would be the biggest scandal . It's sensationalism. She of course had no argument except maybe he has Intel we don't. No one has that Intel.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

I will see your friend and raise you the highest-level NSA whistleblower in history - Bill Binney.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: UKTruth

Why waste our time and money with an investigation? If he has proof, show it.

I think the real question is, why are you delaying it?

If I recall correctly, the message from Spicer was "the White House nor President Trump will comment until a full investigation has completed".

Yet, that smacks of incredulity as there was no such discretion on creating the tweet that started this firestorm. So, again, why the delay NOW, when it is completely uncharacteristic for him to not want to prove his point immediately?

Perhaps he is going to let the guilty squirm a little and extract what he needs from them to make their pain go away - if of course he has evidence.

Sure. I could see that as a potential. But playing such a dangerous game with the most powerful nation on Earth seems incredibly irresponsible to me.

There seems to be several reasons as t why Trump will not just release the information.

1. Trump wants people to dig a deeper hole for themselves. If he does have the goods, if he releases them now, the media and many others can respond to them accordingly and spin the story how they want. If however he waits and lets the media call him a liar and discuss how Obama's admin would never do this, it will be all the more powerful when it is released.

Yep. And I agree that this is a distinct possibility. Yet still, that's playing 'The Apprentice' style games out in the public eye with the United States of America and her reputation. This should not be played out on the world stage as though one can do a re-take. This type of activity should take place behind closed doors, and then bring out the accusations as well as substantive proof of claim together. If the desire is to denigrate the DNC and Democrats as a whole, it would still accomplish that.

2. Perhaps what Trump was refering to was illegal wiretaaps, as the article I posted oin the top of the last page shows. If this is the case, an investigation will be needed to get to the bottom of how deep this goes.

Well, I sincerely doubt there were any 'illegal' wiretaps as much as there may have been unnecessary wiretaps making them illegal after it was determined that they were in fact unnecessary.

3. Trump has no evidence, and was just shooting his big mouth off.

This one HAS to be absolute last ditch explanation....were this to turn out to be true, people will call for, rightfully, some form of removal from power.

I guess we will have to wait and see what an investigation finds.

It seems we will, yes.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes. It's FOX. NUFF SAID...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I will see your friend and raise you the highest-level NSA whistleblower in history - Bill Binney.

Who was dismissed or "retired" because of crazy conspiracy theories? And has since claimed that he would have been able to prevent major terrorist attacks because ... well, him.

Do some research on him before you sing his praises too loudly.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: alphabetaone

So you do not dispute that anything transmitted electronically is compromised, you only have issue with "unbreakable" encryption?

Incorrect.

What I do not dispute is that anything transmitted electronically which is either intercepted or never reaches it's intended target, is compromised. And that applies to all facets of our electronic lives....it's a non-partisan issue.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Who was dismissed or "retired" because of crazy conspiracy theories? And has since claimed that he would have been able to prevent major terrorist attacks because ... well, him.

Ah, there it is... the smearing just because he isn't saying something you like. I am aware of the smears. I see through them and focus on his experience, and that tells me that he knows so much more than you on the subject.
edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He has not been silent. He's publicly asked the justice department to deny these trump claims.
Mostly because he doesn't want his department tarnished but it will acquit Obama at the same time.
But since that would have to come from already in the dog house Jeff Sessions I just don't see it happening.
There will have to be an independent investigation at the public's expense.

This man sure has no problem spending our money does he?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ah, there it is... the smearing just because he isn't saying something you like. I am aware of the smears. I see through them and focus on his experience, and that tells me that he knows so much more than you on the subject.

I encouraged you to do some reasearch on him ... and that's smearing? Whatever. Like most of us, you see what you want to see.

He knows so much more than me? LOL. Yeah, that's relevant to his reliability.

Shall we start making comparisons between the experience of the folks you have criticism for and you?

You can do better than that. Seriously.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

James Comey has not said anything has he.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

which is ANYTHING transmitted electronically
this has been going on in real time since the 90s

it is a non partisan issue
all us citizens should want to know what nixon did pwill not be repeated

link   
double post
edit on 6/3/2017 by shooterbrody because: dbl pst derp

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sillyolme

James Comey has not said anything has he.

That's like a mantra with you guys ...

What will you say when he does?

Are you ready to discredit him (again?)

new topics

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join