It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: UKTruth

Why waste our time and money with an investigation? If he has proof, show it.

I think the real question is, why are you delaying it?

If I recall correctly, the message from Spicer was "the White House nor President Trump will comment until a full investigation has completed".

Yet, that smacks of incredulity as there was no such discretion on creating the tweet that started this firestorm. So, again, why the delay NOW, when it is completely uncharacteristic for him to not want to prove his point immediately?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

If I recall correctly, the message from Spicer was "the White House nor President Trump will comment until a full investigation has completed".

Yet, that smacks of incredulity as there was no such discretion on creating the tweet that started this firestorm. So, again, why the delay NOW, when it is completely uncharacteristic for him to not want to prove his point immediately?

Perhaps he is going to let the guilty squirm a little and extract what he needs from them to make their pain go away - if of course he has evidence.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Berns23

Umm, DJT agreed that Russia was behind the DNC hacks on January 11, 2017.

“As far as hacking, I think it was Russia,” Mr. Trump said, his first comments accepting the conclusions of United States intelligence officials that Moscow had interfered in the election to help him win.

google results for trump + agrees russia hacked dnc (pages of links to the quote above)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Perhaps he is going to let the guilty squirm a little and extract what he needs from them to make their pain go away - if of course he has evidence.

Sure. I could see that as a potential. But playing such a dangerous game with the most powerful nation on Earth seems incredibly irresponsible to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Pretty good RT Crosstalk piece

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: IAMTAT

a reply to: IAMTAT

It was a false Hillary Clinton gimmick to try to embarrass Trump during the election.

How did they get the server into the Tower? And Trump has accused Obama of spying on him, not a fake company. Love the stylized swastika on your source webpage!

Super to hear you love swastikas...but I'm referring to the fake registration name of the fake company...not the actual server.

Donald Trump has so many shell companies that it may be impossible to tell whether the company was affiliated with him or not. If the purpose of the server were clandestine communications, whoever set it up may have done so in a way to provide plausible deniability. Well, we'll know when President Trump declassifies everything in order to clear his name....

The registration was actually made by an employee of Cendyn
Here is what Cendyn do.

Cendyn Hospitality Marketing Cloud™ is an integrated technology platform with the most complete set of applications available for driving sales and marketing performance, delivering results via two main solution sets. Cendyn/ONE™ provides Hotel CRM and Data-Driven Digital Marketing solutions for growing transient leisure bookings, guest engagement, and loyalty. Cendyn/EVENTS™ provides Event Management and Hotel Sales solutions for capturing group business and streamlining the event sourcing, planning and execution process.

So, Trump wanted to send clandestine communications to a Russian bank, so he had a marketing solutions company do it for him and one of their employees is the admin on the account.

Sounds plausible.

Hospitality industry = hotels. That is Trump's actual business. It would make a nice cover running clandestine bank deals-- emoluments-- through a server that is nominally being used for making hotel reservations.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Sure. I could see that as a potential. But playing such a dangerous game with the most powerful nation on Earth seems incredibly irresponsible to me.

There seems to be several reasons as t why Trump will not just release the information.

1. Trump wants people to dig a deeper hole for themselves. If he does have the goods, if he releases them now, the media and many others can respond to them accordingly and spin the story how they want. If however he waits and lets the media call him a liar and discuss how Obama's admin would never do this, it will be all the more powerful when it is released.

2. Perhaps what Trump was refering to was illegal wiretaaps, as the article I posted oin the top of the last page shows. If this is the case, an investigation will be needed to get to the bottom of how deep this goes.

3. Trump has no evidence, and was just shooting his big mouth off.

I guess we will have to wait and see what an investigation finds.

link   

Excellent question.
Beside the obvious answers of A) he has no proof because the accusation isn't true, B) it would allow for the "probable cause" behind a FISA request to become public, causing further embarrassment to himself and/or his campaign members, or C) both A and B.

I postulate that Bannon would like this distraction to play out for a few days, taking the focus off of the Russia-Trump campaign investigations, to allow for Trump's Obamacare replacement proposal later in the week. That should then be the headline over the coming weekend. A new shiny squirrel to gawk at...or so the administration hopes.
edit on 3/6/2017 by Olivine because: forgot the obvious

link   
a reply to: Olivine

I think it was Russia. There is nothing conclusive it was Russia.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

So you do not dispute that anything transmitted electronically is compromised, you only have issue with "unbreakable" encryption?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
More on the server in question.
It is highly unlikely the server was ever in Trump Tower.
The server that was allegedly connected to Alfa Bank that was analysed by data analysts was set up by Cendyn, who offer a cloud based solution for marketing - This means that they will host clients data and more than likely use one server for several clients.

Here is more on the follow up analysis done on the server logs (not mentioned by those pushing the original analysis)

Robert Graham, a cybersecurity expert and head of Errata Security, dismissed the claims as “nonsense”. He said the domain in question, trump-email.com, was actually controlled by Cendyn, a company that handles marketing for hotels, including Trump’s hotels. Graham also argued that there was no sign of human communication between the servers, which appeared to be looking up each other’s IP (internet protocol) addresses, the first step towards establishing communication. The logs show that two Alfa Bank servers sent a total of more than 2,700 lookup requests to the Trump email server. “The requests are spread out evenly throughout the day, with no correlation to time zones,” Graham said in an email. “This would indicate automated tools looking up incoming spam addresses, not humans sending email. If it were sign of human activity, we would see spikes around 9am when people got to work and 1pm when they got back from lunch.”

John Bambenek, a consultant with Fidelis Cybersecurity, who has also studied the logs, said there were unanswered questions about their provenance and authenticity. “The identity of the person bringing the data can be more important than the data,” Bambenek said. “I’m suspicious of the claims that this was gathered legally. They tell an interesting story, but it’s not clear whether there is selection or filter applied … I smell smoke. I just don’t know where the smoke is coming from.’

L Jean Camp, a professor of informatics at Indiana University, said there were still a lot of unanswered questions about the communication between the servers. “It doesn’t act like a marketing server. Because you wouldn’t use a heavy-duty mailer with over 80% of its communication with just one organisation,” Camp said. “I don’t know of any marketing campaign that would do that.” According to Slate, the Trump email domain was hastily reconfigured after a New York Times reporter approached Alfa Bank about the connection in September.

On Tuesday, the New York Times reported that the FBI had spent weeks looking into the Alfa-Trump logs but concluded that “there could be an innocuous explanation, like a marketing email or spam, for the computer contacts”.

So, if this server was not even in Trump Tower, it makes the wire tapping of Trump Tower even more serious, if it happened.

edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nothing illegal about that. If Russia wants to give billions to Trump instead of to its own poor people, that's Russia's loss, America's gain.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

you have a problem with the definition of the word "delay"?

do you deny all electronic transmissions are captured?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It was a false Hillary Clinton gimmick to try to embarrass Trump during the election.

How did they get the server into the Tower? And Trump has accused Obama of spying on him, not a fake company. Love the stylized swastika on your source webpage!

Super to hear you love swastikas...but I'm referring to the fake registration name of the fake company...not the actual server.

Donald Trump has so many shell companies that it may be impossible to tell whether the company was affiliated with him or not. If the purpose of the server were clandestine communications, whoever set it up may have done so in a way to provide plausible deniability. Well, we'll know when President Trump declassifies everything in order to clear his name....

Here is what Cendyn do.

Cendyn Hospitality Marketing Cloud™ is an integrated technology platform with the most complete set of applications available for driving sales and marketing performance, delivering results via two main solution sets. Cendyn/ONE™ provides Hotel CRM and Data-Driven Digital Marketing solutions for growing transient leisure bookings, guest engagement, and loyalty. Cendyn/EVENTS™ provides Event Management and Hotel Sales solutions for capturing group business and streamlining the event sourcing, planning and execution process.

So, Trump wanted to send clandestine communications to a Russian bank, so he had a marketing solutions company do it for him and one of their employees is the admin on the account.

Sounds plausible.

Hospitality industry = hotels. That is Trump's actual business. It would make a nice cover running clandestine bank deals-- emoluments-- through a server that is nominally being used for making hotel reservations.

Yeah, hand it off to a marketing company

Oh, and the FBI have examined it and found nothing anyway.
Sorry, but another one of your hopes has been dashed it seems. I know you put huge effort into it, but it's time to let it go.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Here is what Cendyn do.

Sounds plausible.

Sorry, but another one of your hopes has been dashed it seems. I know you put huge effort into it, but it's time to let it go.

Unlike you, I have put zero time and effort into it because all we have is one of Trump's crazy tweets and a conspiracy theory cooked up by Breitbart, Trump's official propaganda organ. My hunch is that this will go away after the next round of crazy tweets.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Here is what Cendyn do.

Sounds plausible.

Unlike you, I have put zero time and effort into it because all we have is one of Trump's crazy tweets and a conspiracy theory cooked up by Breitbart, Trump's official propaganda organ. My hunch is that this will go away after the next round of crazy tweets.

Well I believe that.

Your lack of time and effort on the topic is quite apparent.

For the record, you may want to put a little effort into topics in the future that you wish to comment on.

But thanks for the admission!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
We need to get to the bottom of this. A courtless FISA warrant lasts UP TO a year, but we do not know the duration of the one granted in October. It could have lasted only until the end of the election season.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Berns23 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Berns23
We need to get to the bottom of this. A courtless FISA warrant lasts UP TO a year, but we do not know the duration of the one granted in October. It could have lasted only until the end of the election season.

Again I would like to see more evidence.

However, if there still is a wiretap, it could explain many of the leaks, including details of Trumps phone conversations with Australian diplomats.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Lets get to the bottom of this. Trump needs to release the information that made him go haywire on twitter so he isn't seen as a giant joke.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Berns23

Again I would like to see more evidence.

However, if there still is a wiretap, it could explain many of the leaks, including details of Trumps phone conversations with Australian diplomats.

There were people in the room with both parties.

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join