It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Do you hear that?

That flushing sound?

That's his legacy going down the toilet and he's only in office just over a month.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

25th amendment. Only he can institute it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Rep. Chavetz was on CBS morning show and said that the President can declassify the FISA documents to show proof and he may do that. When asked about Clapper's denial, he said Clapper has shown himself not to be truthful.

He also said that he doesn't think any special prosecutor is needed to investigate the Russia/Trump collusion claims since there is no evidence to warrant it. --

Do you mean Jason Chaffetz?

He was on Fox & Friends too. He was very clear that the oversight committee will do all they can to help the House Intelligence Committee investigate the allegation against Obama and his administration... he also went as far as to say that Obama's administration is 'notorious' for this and that he himself was investigated by the Secret Service because he was critical of Obama.
edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Dear fellow ATS contributors,

I'd like to interject a few words of caution, before the shiny new term du jour, "the deep state" becomes too firmly entrenched.

Now, I realize the idea of a 'deep state' is the stuff a conspiracy site is nursed on. The backstage string-pullers, TPTB (the powers that be--for the new folks), the Bilderberg members, the Bohemian Grove attendees, or the nebulous 'They' are all candidates for a 'shadow government' known as the 'deep state'. There is no doubt that the MIC (military-industrial complex) wields enormous power in our nation and the world, as does the media, Silicon Valley, the IC (intelligence community), and Wall Street.

Yet, blaming a coordinated 'deep state' attack on the difficulties Mr. Trump is encountering may be premature, and dangerous.
These first two quotes are from a February 20, 2017 article in the Atlantic, titled There Is No American 'Deep State' which examines the term in relation to Turkey and contrasts what we see in the United States.

“Be careful playing with the deep-state idea, because it can so easily get out of control that it becomes a monster that helps whoever’s in charge curb freedom and intimidate dissidents, because it’s such a nebulous concept,” said Soner Cagaptay, who directs the Turkish Research Program at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. “You don't have to prove that it exists. Once [the notion is] out there, and the public starts to believe it, anybody can be attached to it.”

But if a leader can convince the public that it exists and is a real threat, he can manipulate that threat into empowering himself, undercutting the values that the deep state had pretended to safeguard. And it is a perfect foil for a demagogue.

The second source is from the American Conservative, dated February 14, 2017. The author states that yes,

It’s also possible that a group of national security bureaucrats and former Obama officials are selectively leaking highly sensitive law enforcement information to undermine the elected government.

But, he goes on to present this alternative:

I understand why the bureaucracy and the intelligence agencies are behaving the way they are. It’s not just that they are opposed to Trump’s policies, or that they have personal reasons to hate Flynn or Bannon or anybody else on the Trump team. It’s that they are genuinely afraid that this administration is functionally a threat to national security because it contains highly placed individuals actively working for a foreign power or, at best, extremely senior people (including the President himself) who flagrantly disregard basic security precautions:
(italics are mine, for emphasis)

The example highlighted above is not a 'deep state' run amok. It is patriotic behavior by seriously worried IC employees.

Steve Bannon is feeding this 'deep state' mantra directly to Trump, via his direct WH access and his former megaphone, Breitbart:

Stephen K. Bannon, the White House chief strategist who once ran Breitbart, has spoken with Trump at length about his view that the “deep state” is a direct threat to his presidency.
Advisers pointed to Bannon’s frequent closed-door guidance on the topic and Trump’s agreement as a fundamental way of understanding the president’s behavior and his willingness to confront the intelligence community — and said that when Bannon spoke recently about the “deconstruction of the administrative state,” he was also alluding to his aim of rupturing the intelligence community and its influence on the U.S. national security and ­foreign policy consensus.

source

I guess what I'm trying to cobble together, is a warning. It is conceivable that we will see our freedoms even further eroded, if our President (and his Congressional supporters) become more paranoid. An example, from Congressman King of Iowa:

@RealDonaldTrump needs to purge Leftists from executive branch before disloyal, illegal & treasonist acts sink us.

Notice the term, "purge"? It smacks of the McCarthyism of the 1950's.

Tread lightly, friends.
edit on 3/6/2017 by Olivine because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Sounds like "if you question our McCarthy tactics of hunting for Russians around every corner and spinning and leaking stories that attempt to turn Russian contacts into some form of treason, then we're going to blame you for being a fascist."

Nice try, but I truly believe people see through the emotional blackmail tactics of the left these days.

If there are people that are leaking information that they should not be, then they need to be found, prosecuted and jailed if found guilty. Simple.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

I will see your warning and raise you one Tragedy and Hope 101 ... Those powers back in the day never went away

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Dear fellow ATS contributors,

I'd like to interject a few words of caution, before the shiny new term du jour, "the deep state" becomes too firmly entrenched.

Now, I realize the idea of a 'deep state' is the stuff a conspiracy site is nursed on. The backstage string-pullers, TPTB (the powers that be--for the new folks), the Bilderberg members, the Bohemian Grove attendees, or the nebulous 'They' are all candidates for a 'shadow government' known as the 'deep state'. There is no doubt that the MIC (military-industrial complex) wields enormous power in our nation and the world, as does the media, Silicon Valley, the IC (intelligence community), and Wall Street.

Yet, blaming a coordinated 'deep state' attack on the difficulties Mr. Trump is encountering may be premature, and dangerous.
These first two quotes are from a February 20, 2017 article in the Atlantic, titled There Is No American 'Deep State' which examines the term in relation to Turkey and contrasts what we see in the United States.

“Be careful playing with the deep-state idea, because it can so easily get out of control that it becomes a monster that helps whoever’s in charge curb freedom and intimidate dissidents, because it’s such a nebulous concept,” said Soner Cagaptay, who directs the Turkish Research Program at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. “You don't have to prove that it exists. Once [the notion is] out there, and the public starts to believe it, anybody can be attached to it.”

But if a leader can convince the public that it exists and is a real threat, he can manipulate that threat into empowering himself, undercutting the values that the deep state had pretended to safeguard. And it is a perfect foil for a demagogue.

The second source is from the American Conservative, dated February 14, 2017. The author states that yes,

It’s also possible that a group of national security bureaucrats and former Obama officials are selectively leaking highly sensitive law enforcement information to undermine the elected government.

But, he goes on to present this alternative:

I understand why the bureaucracy and the intelligence agencies are behaving the way they are. It’s not just that they are opposed to Trump’s policies, or that they have personal reasons to hate Flynn or Bannon or anybody else on the Trump team. It’s that they are genuinely afraid that this administration is functionally a threat to national security because it contains highly placed individuals actively working for a foreign power or, at best, extremely senior people (including the President himself) who flagrantly disregard basic security precautions:
(italics are mine, for emphasis)

The example highlighted above is not a 'deep state' run amok. It is patriotic behavior by seriously worried IC employees.

Steve Bannon is feeding this 'deep state' mantra directly to Trump, via his direct WH access and his former megaphone, Breitbart:

Stephen K. Bannon, the White House chief strategist who once ran Breitbart, has spoken with Trump at length about his view that the “deep state” is a direct threat to his presidency.
Advisers pointed to Bannon’s frequent closed-door guidance on the topic and Trump’s agreement as a fundamental way of understanding the president’s behavior and his willingness to confront the intelligence community — and said that when Bannon spoke recently about the “deconstruction of the administrative state,” he was also alluding to his aim of rupturing the intelligence community and its influence on the U.S. national security and ­foreign policy consensus.

source

I guess what I'm trying to cobble together, is a warning. It is conceivable that we will see our freedoms even further eroded, if our President (and his Congressional supporters) become more paranoid. An example, from Congressman King of Iowa:

@RealDonaldTrump needs to purge Leftists from executive branch before disloyal, illegal & treasonist acts sink us.

Notice the term, "purge"? It smacks of the McCarthyism of the 1950's.

Tread lightly, friends.

Bollocks. I'm sure you warned everyone to be cautious when Obama remade the government in the eye of the DNC, right?
edit on 6-3-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

But the Muslims weren't dancing in the streets of Jersey city.
And Obama was actually born in Hawaii like his very real birth certificate says.

You'd better fact check the claim of millions at his inauguration. he said it . There's video. His words. There had to be a million, million and a half people.

There were about a quarter of a million and he did go to the parks dept to get them to change their narrative.

And sure illegals probably did vote. Not three to five million. Hundreds is not millions. And where is that proof? He made the claim surely he has the data to back that up.

There is no evidence. Trump hasn't provided anything but a conspiracy theory to back that up.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Trump said he saw thousands dancing in the streets in Jersey.
That's an outright lie.
Oh I forgot we're talking about trump. Sillyolme again...lol

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A Constitutional scholar, also became POTUS, once referred to visiting all 57 states.
The excuse.... he misspoke.

But the same people letting him have that excuse hang on Trump's every word as evidence of him being a dunce, a nut... or a Russian spy.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xcathdra

Sure you do. You just don't like being reminded of your abject failures in prognostication.

I think your intent is to weave together fake news until it seems like you're saying something.

And yeah, you kinda did stake your reputation on your false claims, whether you like to be reminded of it or not.

We're not debating a crime, we're discussing whether you made unsupported claims about what the FBI would do (and you did.)

Now you're trying to string together crap from WND and fringe blogs to make your points.

SSDD.

Weren't you the person that asked people to focus on the thread instead of peoples o[pinions?

And speaking of staking a reputation on claims, remember, you claim that Trumps tweet PROVES he is guilty of treason.

Funny how you then try to crticize other people when you have made the most absurd claim of all.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The investigation will roll over is about time that the viciousness and the push to create a false story on the Trump administration and a shadow, by the left over despicable democratic leadership is put out in the front lines for the people to see.

The time line of deceptions, leaks, false stories and corruption behind the Hillary campaign and backed by the Obama former administration is put out in the light.

Obama former administration one if the worst president in America will into history as one of the most corrupted and dirt behind the presidential seat

They need his entire former administration including that old dirty hag Hillary along with her dirty decrepit husband and the spying agencies been investigated.

Corruption in our nation to the highest.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Isn't it safe to assume everything everywhere is being listened in on by multiple top govt agencies?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And ANOTHER post empty of meaning except to comment on my comments.

Yes, I stated my opinion about what Trump's tweets meant IN MY MIND; I did not make a claim of fact. I see that you can't conceive of the difference in the two.

You really have become utterly boring, Gambler.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

if it is transmitted electronically it is compromised

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

if it is transmitted electronically it is compromised

Ugh, no. You understand encryption exists, right?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

For years since the Patriot act the spying on Americans citizens has been on going, is a wet dream come true, we were warned many times, darn we even dissected that here, but no even the Freedom act made sure that we Americans were exempt from the spying.

All in the name of national security.

Then to put the cherry on top of the ice cream they spying agencies and their leaders lie blatantly that they do not spy on Americans

Under the Patriot act the spying agencies became their own government and abuse their power, the former Obama administration promised to fix the problem but Obama abuse that power and those under his administration.

Under the huntsman he appointed to his agencies the spying agencies became the most corrupted in our history.

Remember Snowden and why he is in exile, we were warned and the told

Now spying agencies metadata will be handle by private companies that their records of safety has been always an easy target to hackers.

This is the state of affairs of our nations security this days after 8 years on a anti American president

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

yes
you understand EVERYTHING transmitted electronically is compromised

encryption only delays the analysis

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Grambler

And ANOTHER post empty of meaning except to comment on my comments.

Yes, I stated my opinion about what Trump's tweets meant IN MY MIND; I did not make a claim of fact. I see that you can't conceive of the difference in the two.

You really have become utterly boring, Gambler.

Wow you are in good form today. So if you claim was not a statement of fact, and instead just what is in your mind, how is anyone elses claims any different that you are criticizing? Wouldn't everyones posts on here just be what they think IN THEIR MIND?

Again, here is what you said.

This smacks of a level of desperation that completely and undoubtedly proves to me that Trump and his group were involved in dealings that, when (and if) they come to light (and Congress doesn't coverup for him), will result in his impeachment and possibly incarceration.

You see that. You even wrote completely and undoubtedly proves.

Then when called out on this, you asked me to not focus on you but on the topic. Then you proceed to focus on individuals instead of the topic, claiming they staked their reputation on things etc.

I just want everyone to know that your blustering comments on this thread are in no way facts or anything, they are just IN YOUR MIND, and that mind that is calling other people out believes that Trumps tweet "completely and undoubtedly" proves that he is guilty.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm hearing that the fake Trump company with supposed Russian banking connections that led to the surveillance request... was actually generated and registered by Emily McMullen...sister of ex-CIA operative & presidential candidate Evan McMullin.

twitter.com...

It was a false Hillary Clinton gimmick to try to embarrass Trump during the election.

Has this been mentioned yet?
edit on 6-3-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join