It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh please. Fox News would have shut down 10 years ago if held to that standard.

Don't act like such an ingenue here. Reliable sources have reported what Comey said.

If it really is false, as you and others here would like it to be, I'm sure he'll straighten that out.

edit on 6-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: he ---> it

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

CNN is an Anti-American terrorist media outlet, that is operating on our soil...for now.

Actually, your constant desire to shut down the American press is the only un-American thing here.

I know you have fantasies about your Dear Leader shutting down every news outlet that doesn't worship him as you do, but it's not going to happen. Not without a fight.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Oh please. Fox News would have shut down 10 years ago if held to that standard.

Don't act like such an ingenue here. Reliable sources have reported what Comey said.

If he really is false, as you and others here would like it to be, I'm sure he'll straighten that out.

Reliable sources? They won't even say who the sources are, nor who those unknown sources are talking about!

The headline and picture of Comey is no accident - CNN know, like any media outlet, that many people only read headlines before sharing articles.

I don't doubt that Fox News have published such nonsense journalism attacking Obama (i know they have). That's no justification of CNN's methods here. Feels like a race to the bottom of journalistic integrity.
edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If he really is false, as you and others here would like it to be, I'm sure he'll straighten that out.

Reliable sources? They won't even say who the sources are, nor who those unknown sources are talking about!
I don't doubt that Fox News have published such nonsense journalism attacking Obama (i know they have). That's no justification of CNN's methods here. Feels like a race to the bottom of journalistic integrity.

Perhaps you'll want to go on a crusade to fix both CNN and Fox then.

In the meantime, despite the tagline in the Echo Chamber, protecting sources is a vital part of reporting and has been for decades.

ETA: Protection of Sources
edit on 6-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

CNN will be removed. It will be done legally, but behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Perhaps you'll want to go on a crusade to fix both CNN and Fox then.

In the meantime, despite the tagline in the Echo Chamber, protecting sources is a vital part of reporting and has been for decades.

They go further. They are 'protecting' sources and can't even confirm who the sources are talking about. That is a new low.
Publishing anything just because it fits the desired narrative is not what journalism is about.

As for a crusade, why not...I think all partisan fake news outlets should be rejected. The profession has turned into a vehicle for who can shout the loudest to push agendas. That includes Fox News.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

CNN will be removed. It will be done legally, but behind the scenes.

LOL ... I'm sure you won't mind if we don't hold our breath just on your say so ...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The concept of protected anonymous sources is not new or novel or out of the ordinary.

I gave you a simplistic Wikipedia link above.

The argument is absurd.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

As for a crusade, why not...I think all partisan fake news outlets should be rejected. The profession has turned into a vehicle for who can shout the loudest to push agendas. That includes Fox News.

Addressing your edit:

If you can draw a clear objective line between opinion, bias, and freedom of the press, you'd have a place to start.

Freedom of the Press in the US is sacrosanct. We will always err on the side of the Constitution.

The legal criterion is whether something is factual and whether it actually does damage.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

LMAO

Not even Trump has called for the shutting down of any Media, he has called for those to stop twisting or fabricating.

He even said that they should report the truth even if it is a criticism of him.

Its your fantasies in keeping your beloved Media that you want, and will fight to keep.

PS nice little sig you have there calling POTUS supporters magatt , while you bitched whined and moaned at me for referring to the low life liberals rioting and such as looney leftys. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The concept of protected anonymous sources is not new or novel or out of the ordinary.

I gave you a simplistic Wikipedia link above.

The argument is absurd.

As i have already pointed out, the article does not just 'protect' sources. It fails to even say who the sources were referring to as having a conversation AND uses a headline and picture of Comey (headlines are what people take in and share).

The only thing absurd is the article itself.

Breaking news... "someone said that someone said that Trump [insert narrative here]". [insert headline and picture of someone important]
If you are happy with that as your news, then more fool you.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

LMAO

Not even Trump has called for the shutting down of any Media, he has called for those to stop twisting or fabricating.

He even said that they should report the truth even if it is a criticism of him.

Its your fantasies in keeping your beloved Media that you want, and will fight to keep.

PS nice little sig you have there calling POTUS supporters magatt , while you bitched whined and moaned at me for referring to the low life liberals rioting and such as looney leftys. lol

Dude, you might want to read what your colleague carewemust said above.

I didn't come up with the slogan ... Making American Great Again Through Trump ... I can't help that the acronym sounds a bit like a fly larvae, now can I?

Your trite meaningless rhetoric is still silly. You can't point to "the left" that you're talking about at all ...

Those who follow MAGATT? Thick as thieves around here.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Let's recap this thread of arm chair quarter backing.

President Trump made a bold statement.

How it plays out we'll see. But for one thing, and let's keep the chances low (haters or not) chances are low he was on the pooper and thought let's tweet the world " ffewsfvvjyrssavbgrfuvff"

Let's say he's dumb, or a moron for the losing side therapy purposes. Chances are a long simmered story to nothing, or something exceptionally note worthy.

I firmly believe President Trump knows exactly what's in forward. Hes not going to lose. Victory or another at some level at least.

America

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The biggest question should be.

Why is Trump turtling in his shell after making the accusations? He is the president and has full authority to declassify any document that can prove his case, but he is in no comment mode(turtling).

To throw a twitter tantrum like he did and then refuse to explain why or present evidence says plenty about this whole situation.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Yes, I know you pointed that out. You seem to think that an exception should be made to the protection of sources when you (or Trump) doesn't like it. Comey represents the FBI, and is referenced in the article. If you'd like them to post a graphic of a big question mark, let them know.

No, the article is quite informative and, as I pointed out, explains precisely why Comey probably hasn't make a public statement; there is an on-going investigation.

I'm sure you'd like the government to have more control over the Press, but that's not the American way.

Also, speaking of fools, I wouldn't really toss stones considering the tabloid nature of the UK press ...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

So you want us to avoid armchair quarterbacking and exchange it for hero worship?

Nah. I'll pass.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The biggest question should be.

Why is Trump turtling in his shell after making the accusations? He is the president and has full authority to declassify any document that can prove his case, but he is in no comment mode(turtling).

To throw a twitter tantrum like he did and then refuse to explain why or present evidence says plenty about this whole situation.

If statements from the White House mean anything at this point, they claim they aren't going to talk about the matter until Congress obeys Mr. Trump's command and investigates this trumped up BS.

Literally and figuratively.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

So his administration wants congress to fact check him.

Lame!!!!

It seems more like Mr Trump has thrown out a red herring. Maybe the Russian investigation is worrying him.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yes, I know you pointed that out. You seem to think that an exception should be made to the protection of sources when you (or Trump) doesn't like it. Comey represents the FBI, and is referenced in the article. If you'd like them to post a graphic of a big question mark, let them know.

No, the article is quite informative and, as I pointed out, explains precisely why Comey probably hasn't make a public statement; there is an on-going investigation.

I'm sure you'd like the government to have more control over the Press, but that's not the American way.

Also, speaking of fools, I wouldn't really toss stones considering the tabloid nature of the UK press ...

Lol, a picture of a question mark would be perfectly appropriate for their article.
As for the UK press, they are actually worse. I don't disagree with that. Much of the media here is owned by the same people destroying journalism on your side of the pond.

Control of the press has nothing to do with it. The 'someone said' gossip is not news. Like I said, a race to the bottom of journalistic integrity, and a media that is no more than the opinions of rich people that have more money than you or I (or 99.9% of the population) so are able to afford to push their own views on the public and call it news.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

So his administration wants congress to fact check him.

Lame!!!!

Heh.

I imagine most of the response will be along the lines of Little Rubio today ... "I have no idea what the President is talking about."

Congress is already six weeks into planning for the mid-term elections. If these allegations are as baseless as they seem, there is no way the House will jump in and give Obama a bully pulpit at their expense.

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join