It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: SBMcG

Did you see this ?

Yes I did, thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Maybe they should not have given him his twitter back..

That would be a good first step. I think we can all agree to that.

But it should really worry us that such steps would even need to be made in the first place.

We are being led by someone who we have to babysit. That's insane.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
It's been almost 6 hours. Where's the confirmation or denial of the Comey statement reported by the NYT?

This whole thing is starting to smell like a failed Deep State coup to me.

Your saying someone put that info out there to go in front of Comey? It wouldn't work because he'd deny he was behind that statement unless someone had leverage on him.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: burntheships

Odd! White House Spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, repeatedly said that the New York Times and the Washington Post were credible sources, while she was making the Sunday morning talk show rounds.

I do not see that, in fact the opposite.

What she actually said:

"Everybody acts like President Trump is the one that came up with this idea and just threw it out there," said deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on March 5. "There are multiple news outlets that have reported this."

At one point in the segment, Sanders specifically named the New York Times and BBC as news outlets that have covered the wiretapping allegations. Show host Martha Raddatz pushed back and said Trump started this issue with his specific tweet.
www.politifact.com...

I do not think Trump is up at 4:00 am tweeting about old articles
written by Slate and the NYT.

It seems much more plausible he knew about this, as Xcath posted
an article earlier in which Admiral Rogers visited Trump before
Obama left office. It is much more likely Trump has actual Intel.

The president, a spokeswoman said on ABC’s This Week, didn’t come up with the storyline out of thin air. He was echoing reports from "multiple news outlets."

This is what the MSM is trying to paint "madman tweeting old stories".

Anything from these outlets probably the opposite is true.
edit on 5-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Either Jim Comey didn't care about the law, or he is majorly lacking the skill set that should be required to run the FBI. The ineptitude of his decision making during this entire campaign deserves to be at least investigated by the DOJ. This whole thing seems to be a game to him. I guess it is time for Trump to make some Huge decisions really fast.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Comey did ask them to stop it.

No proof at all of course as usual.

All wild Left Wing speculation and hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: burntheships

Odd! White House Spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, repeatedly said that the New York Times and the Washington Post were credible sources, while she was making the Sunday morning talk show rounds.

I do not see that, in fact the opposite.

What she actually said:

"Everybody acts like President Trump is the one that came up with this idea and just threw it out there," said deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on March 5. "There are multiple news outlets that have reported this."

At one point in the segment, Sanders specifically named the New York Times and BBC as news outlets that have covered the wiretapping allegations. Show host Martha Raddatz pushed back and said Trump started this issue with his specific tweet.
www.politifact.com...

I do not think Trump is up at 4:00 am tweeting about old articles
written by Slate and the NYT.

It seems much more plausible he knew about this, as Xcath posted
an article earlier in which Admiral Rogers visited Trump before
Obama left office. It is much more likely Trump has actual Intel.

@windword

I knew ya had it backwards !!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: SBMcG
It's been almost 6 hours. Where's the confirmation or denial of the Comey statement reported by the NYT?

This whole thing is starting to smell like a failed Deep State coup to me.

Your saying someone put that info out there to go in front of Comey? It wouldn't work because he'd deny he was behind that statement unless someone had leverage on him.

I didn't say anything of the sort.

Can you back up your statement?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOL

James Clapper denies any wiretapping activity — instantly receives brutal fact check from conservatives

James Clapper, former director of national intelligence under former President Barack Obama, denied Sunday the accusation that the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower in the latter stages of last year’s presidential election.

“There was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president, the president-elect, at the time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign,” Clapper said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday morning.

During the interview, Clapper also explained that if there was a FISA court order to conduct any surveillance then he would have known about it, but continued to deny that any order was ever issued against Trump.

more specific denials that dont address the larger issue. If they continue to stick to the bs Russia story then sure, they can claim they never surveilled Trump.

The more this is denied the bigger the story is going to become. If they werent after Trump then why do Democrats keep claiming their are ties? It seems Democrats and the intelligence community cant get their stories straight.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Even if it was. That isn't where the President is supposed to get his intel from.
Maybe he didn't but heard a rumor that they would be publishing on it ...Other news sources did but had a different bend to it . He didn't link it to them but his tweets would have got people google searching the subject and wound up on that site with the fresh story with yet a different bend to it then the older MSM sources had . I think if you check that posting went viral and had over 100,000 comments on it . Pretty impressive if you ask me .

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That explains why Democrats are once again hating Comey... Pelosi said he could not be trusted... Apparently he is not giving Democrats want they want.

I have to disagree. I believe that to be a ploy.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
or someone is taking advantage of his (Comey) recent statement that the FBI cant refute every false media story out there because it would be a full time job.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Is it possible that Breitbart put their story together from past MSM pieces ? The MSM had been talking about the Fisa taps .

It's my understanding from the Washington Post (and it seems to check out), that Breitbart picked up the info for the story from other outlets that had not verified the sources and/or used unnamed sources...and plainly said so, back in November and January...

The Washington Post pointed to these articles as Breitbart's sources:

Link

Link

You can see in the Breitbart article that these are the sources linked to in their article: Link

Soooo....I guess I just think the whole thing stinks.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: Xcathdra

That explains why Democrats are once again hating Comey... Pelosi said he could not be trusted... Apparently he is not giving Democrats want they want.

I have to disagree. I believe that to be a ploy.

What to be a ploy? That Democrats are intentionally maligning Comey?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Either Jim Comey didn't care about the law, or he is majorly lacking the skill set that should be required to run the FBI. The ineptitude of his decision making during this entire campaign deserves to be at least investigated by the DOJ. This whole thing seems to be a game to him. I guess it is time for Trump to make some Huge decisions really fast.

Or, Comey is in on the take-down of the Deep State and is playing a role.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The entire FISA warrant was reported by the NYT back in 2016.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wasn't it around October when someone leaked Donald Trumps '95 Tax return? Wasn't it claimed, if memory serves correctly, the envelope had "Trump Tower" when it was sent? Given the time frame, it does become suspicious. Also, I recall someone climbing Trump Tower back in Aug with suction cups. Could that have been a diversion? Who knows?
Then the rumour flew that in October some kind of investigation was ongoing with regards to the FISA court. Someone is trying to either "Frame" this or there is something more to this.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: talisman

Good catch. I think you are onto something. If you are right, this means the FISA warrant was abused to spy on everything in Trump tower, which would be a huge crime.

link   

He shouldn't be acting on rumors either.

He's the President.

He has access to better sources than a rumor or Breitbart news or Right Wing Radio.

link   
a reply to: talisman

If there was something to it dont you think democrats would have used it to end the Trump campaign? The fact snip is dripping out tells me there is nothing there but make believe by Democrats who are set on undermining Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join