It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TheScale

How many?

Can you give us a break down of the percentages in each of your groups?

Thank you kindly.

I wonder if the percentage of people that may believe a certain "thing" has an actual effect on the facts of the matter.

Was that a veiled appeal to the majority that you responded to?

edit on 5-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Dude. That is what's happening.

If I was wrong and you or Trump actually had something to back up your view, you'd show it and shut me up.

But you don't have sh*t!!!

All you can say is "No that's just how you see it." But we all see the same thing. I'm just asking why it's all so f*cked up and you act like it's not happening. But it is happening because you're here talking about the very same things I am.

And yet the anti trump media and the dems have shown not one piece of evidence that trump colluded with russians, and yet you seem far less hesitant to call out those groups.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

nobody is saying the world is ending man.

Don't elaborate on what I say. Just read it.

Don't extrapolate and enhance it to mean something else.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Classic case of deflection due to his own insecurities. He's a control freak that demands everybody like him and like every idea that he has. I'm starting to really feel sorry for this guy and is massive mental and personal issues that are now on big screen for the whole world to see.

We have enough de-motivators in this world - people and posters. We don't need another at the helm....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

nobody is saying the world is ending man.

Don't elaborate on what I say. Just read it.

Don't extrapolate and enhance it to mean something else.

so when you said "everything is breaking apart" u didnt mean everything?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They're asking questions. There are investigations happening. I have plenty of doubts about what the media says. But currently they are mostly asking what is going on. They aren't saying for a fact that something has happened or hasn't.

They are mostly trying to find something. Maybe there is nothing to find. So be it. That's cool.

But if there has been some evidence of some things dealing with Russia. Maybe nothing serious yet, maybe there is still info coming in. Maybe it's all lies from the left. Who knows??? But a lot of people on the right seem to act awful fishy about nothing. They seem to get caught up and removed for "nothing". So why is that???

Trump is saying stuff is a "Fact". So where is his proof??? I want both sides to show proof. But don't deflect to the media for not showing proof when Trump isn't showing any either. That's just BS deflection.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Very interesting comments from Trey Gowdy on
not trusting The New York Times, WaPo, while
commenting on Comey.

He mentions Clapper and Brennan
and (D) Schiff in another ...ahem...manner.
edit on 5-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyBone
Classic case of deflection due to his own insecurities. He's a control freak that demands everybody like him and like every idea that he has. I'm starting to really feel sorry for this guy and is massive mental and personal issues that are now on big screen for the whole world to see.

We have enough de-motivators in this world - people and posters. We don't need another at the helm....

Fair enough thats your opinion.

But would you also think the democrats bringing up Sessions meeting with the russian ambassador was also just a deflection?

Trump gives a speech that most people agree was great, and the next day all of the leftists are discussing a meeting between sessions and Russians that was on record and they knew about for a while. Why did they wait until right after people were praising Trump to bring this up? Could it be that they too were deflecting?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It wasn't veiled ...

But to their credit, some of these folks really think they are in the majority of Americans in their thoughts and beliefs.

It's absurd by every measure we know, but you know ... BELIEF.

What we do know is that most Americans who voted didn't vote for Trump, most Americans disapprove of his performance thus far (as he's already squandered the good vibes some felt from his speech), and most Americans aren't Democrats or Republicans but are in fact Independent.

Wouldn't know that if you only hung out around here, though.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Nota bene

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
not trusting The New York Times, WaPo

They are both proven liars. Nothing they say can be trusted.
edit on 5-3-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

link   

They're asking questions. There are investigations happening. I have plenty of doubts about what the media says. But currently they are mostly asking what is going on. They aren't saying for a fact that something has happened or hasn't.

They are mostly trying to find something. Maybe there is nothing to find. So be it. That's cool.

But if there has been some evidence of some things dealing with Russia. Maybe nothing serious yet, maybe there is still info coming in. Maybe it's all lies from the left. Who knows??? But a lot of people on the right seem to act awful fishy about nothing. They seem to get caught up and removed for "nothing". So why is that???

Trump is saying stuff is a "Fact". So where is his proof??? I want both sides to show proof. But don't deflect to the media for not showing proof when Trump isn't showing any either. That's just BS deflection.

Oh come now many people are saying Trump did something wrong for a fact. People like Maxine waters have been calling for his impeachment and many other are certain there was something bad going on between Trump and the Russians. You know this is true.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: TheScale

a reply to: queenofswords

He also misspelled the word "tap" as "tapp."

What do you make of that, since everything he does is with the greatest intention and relevance?

have u ever tried using a smart phone for text msg's? if so youd know they are notorious for changing your words or just being a plain pain in the butt. on top of that u have a senior citizen trying to tap tiny lil icons on a phone. i screw stuff up all the time on text msgs, some my fault, others the phones, and i could care less about fixing it at this point.

Spelling and grammar errors emphasize how Trump is just an average joe and that his tweets are aithentic, not composed by a team of ivy legaue speech writers.

An "average joe" who graduated (as he so often reminds us) from the Wharton School of Finance, who's dad gave him "a small loan" of a million dollars to get started in business, etc.

Was he also born in a log cabin? Did he tell the truth about a cherry tree?

Good gravy.

You know who else got a small loan of a million dollars to start their business? My stupid neghbor. He opened a Mexican Restaurant chain store.

Stop acting like that's a lot of money.

Depends on the year.

Trump's loan (adjusted for today's inflation) is just a bit shy of $20m. Not to mention his inheriting a much, much more significant amount when his father passed.

A million dollars in TODAYS money isn't necessarily that huge. A few decades ago, though, it was different.

Look, I acknowledge the difference. However, I just can't see why that is even a talking point. Why are we making fun of someone who had a helping hand to be successful?

Isn't that what we call a "success" story?

Are we reducing the accomplishments of Elon Musk for the capital he raised to start Tesla? His father made an investment in him. And guess what happened? He became the mother-flipping President of the United States.

That's a success story no matter how anyone tries to spin it!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: burntheships
not trusting The New York Times, WaPo

They are both proven liars. Nothing they say can be trusted.

... and Gowdy's NOT a known liar?

LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

No, sorry if that's how you took it.

I meant everything here. Government wise and institutional type stuff.

Trump fights with businesses, the Deep State, the Media, even actors and stuff. I mean what kind of A-hole Leader does that??? I'll tell you what kind. The kind that are usually in charge of some third world sh*t hole that kills it's own people and robs them of everything and proclaims themselves DemiGods. That's who.

America needs to have a little more class than that man. Seriously. We do plenty of shady stuff. But when that is happening at least that means something is actually working. (That sounds bad but it's true.) Right now, what could we accomplish without it being a giant f*ck up from start to finish??? It makes us look weak, dumb and ineffective.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Odd! White House Spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, repeatedly said that the New York Times and the Washington Post were credible sources, while she was making the Sunday morning talk show rounds.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It wasn't veiled ...

I know. Was trying to be nice.

But to their credit, some of these folks really think they are in the majority of Americans in their thoughts and beliefs.

A fallacy in and of itself.

Wouldn't know that if you only hung out around here, though.

Echo chambers are not good places to hang around if you wish to educate yourself on the facts of certain matters.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I don't know who Maxine Waters even is. But I know she isn't our President.

The President and people in high positions of power can't just say stuff.

The things they say cause ripples just on a word or two when it's said. They don't seem to realize that yet.

Even the media isn't that powerful or has that effect on things.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's been almost 6 hours. Where's the confirmation or denial of the Comey statement reported by the NYT?

This whole thing is starting to smell like a failed Deep State coup to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You do tend to approach things, even in the Mud Pit, with decorum.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
It's been almost 6 hours. Where's the confirmation or denial of the Comey statement reported by the NYT?

This whole thing is starting to smell like a failed Deep State coup to me.

A coup? We have seen that excuse before.

A soft coup is a conspiracy theory that argue that a national leader may have been the victim of a coup d'état attempt, or that a legal removal of said leader would have been a coup. Those conspiracy theories are popular among populist leaders, such as those in Latin America.

Latin American populists seek power centralization, but do so under the pretense of improving democracy. Their rationale is that democracy would be a system where the general will must be absolute. The populist leader is described as the representative of the general will, by virtue of having been elected in elections. As a result, it is reasoned that the will of the leader equals the general will, and that any limits on the will of the leader would be a limit to the general will itself.[1] The opposition to the leader is thus treated as an act against democracy. This is used to justify persecution of the opposition, forced nationalizations and limits to the freedom of the press.[2] This notion of democracy is opposed to the one held in the United States, which considers instead that rulers must have limits to their power.[2] It also conflicts with minority rights.[3]
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join