It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Notice that time stamp from NYT, after Intel Chief announces
they will investigate this.

All of these no name "sources" from the NYT - they have zero credibility,
barring of course a statement directly from Comey.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
we've doubled the page count since 10pm yesterday....so whats the new word? Nothing?

LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Notice that time stamp from NYT, after Intel Chief announces
they will investigate this.

All of these no name "sources" from the NYT - they have zero credibility,
barring of course a statement directly from Comey.

Have you got the link to the Intel Chief saying they will include the wire tap in the investigations? I have not seen that.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If Trump was wiretapped he can declassify that information right now

IF IN FACT Trump Tower was wiretapped during the 2016 presidential campaign, as President Trump claimed in several tweets Saturday morning, he can do much more than say so on twitter: Presidents have the power to declassify anything at any time, so Trump could immediately make public any government records of such surveillance.

Link

Why the need for an investigation? If he indeed was wiretapped he can declassify that information right now.

Unless.....He got his information from Breitbarf and Levin...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If it was true, he would have produced evidence.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
we've doubled the page count since 10pm yesterday....so whats the new word? Nothing?

LOL

Lol, I have looked at the post count for this story in various places and counted over 1m comments... there are over 100k on one site alone. That excludes social media.

If this was all to distract, then Trump succeeded.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL

Well there is something new.

Comey has allegedly come out rebuking Trumps claims. But that, is as yet, unverified.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly. Full points to Trump for his excellent use of distraction.

link   

originally posted by: muse7
If Trump was wiretapped he can declassify that information right now

IF IN FACT Trump Tower was wiretapped during the 2016 presidential campaign, as President Trump claimed in several tweets Saturday morning, he can do much more than say so on twitter: Presidents have the power to declassify anything at any time, so Trump could immediately make public any government records of such surveillance.

Link

Why the need for an investigation? If he indeed was wiretapped he can declassify that information right now.

Unless.....He got his information from Breitbarf and Levin...

Well the NYT reported on the FISA warrants when they were issued soo...........

link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Not necessarily - I suspect some high stakes poker going on, with Trump trying to stem the leaks in his administration by either bluffing or threatening Obama.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Former DNI James Clapper: ‘I Can Deny’ Wiretap of Trump Tower

When Todd asked him whether he could confirm or deny if a FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court Act) order for this existed, Clapper declared, "I can deny it."

Asked again whether there was a FISA Court order to monitor Trump Tower, Clapper said, "Not to my knowledge."

Clapper said that if any wiretap like that occurred, he would "certainly hope" that he would be aware of it.

"I can't speak for other authorized entities in the government or a state or local entity," he added.

Clapper was responding to questions surrounding President Trump's accusation — without evidence — that former President Barack Obama personally ordered wiretap surveillance of Trump Tower before the November election. After tweeting the allegations in the early morning Saturday, Trump and his administration continued to offer no evidence to support the accusation. On Sunday, the Trump administration sought to spin Trump's unsubstantiated claim as a call for Congress to investigate if Obama "abused" his presidential powers.

Unless another agency authorized it.

Yet the FISA warrants exist...

Also -

Clapper was also asked on "Meet the Press" if he had any evidence that the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russian government while the Kremlin was working to influence the election.

"Not to my knowledge," Clapper said, based on the information he had before his time in the position ended.

"We did not include anything in our report … that had any reflect of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report," he said. "We had no evidence of such collusion."

When asked whether he still believes that Russians interfered in the U.S. election to help Donald Trump, Clapper said, "Yes, I do."

edit on 5-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes is true, I am trying to find out if this really happen, but it seems that is all over the news media right now too.

One of the reasons if is true is that the FBI doesn't want the public to know the extend of the wiretapping and who entities were located in the tower if any, like spies within the many offices.

Or that the wiretapping is not true.

Let see.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Have you got the link to the Intel Chief saying they will include the wire tap in the investigations? I have not seen that.

Posted it a few pages back, but this thread is moving quickly.
I hear the new word is Towergate

a reply to: burntheships

House intel chief: Russia probe will include potential surveillance of campaigns

And, how very predictable that the top Democrats are
sharply criticizing the decision.

“One of the focus points of the House Intelligence Committee's investigation is the U.S. government's response to actions taken by Russian intelligence agents during the presidential campaign,” Nunes said in a statement.

“As such, the Committee will make inquiries into whether the government was conducting surveillance activities on any political party’s campaign officials or surrogates, and we will continue to investigate this issue if the evidence warrants it.”

thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
BREITBART EXCLUSIVE!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Trump just may have some privileged info on some classified wiretap but he likely is lying about the allegation that Obama did it.

If he had such info, all he has to do is leak it to Breitbart or some other right-wing outlet who kisses his ass regularly.

The fact is that he probably just distorted some classified info he had to just move the media off his many other problems

If this was FISA, again the Distorter in chief, Trump, lied about Obama

edit on 5-3-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October

www.theguardian.com...

This is how Democrats play the game ... the NYT says
January 19, 2017

Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates

www.nytimes.com...

January 20, 2017

But The Times knew several critical facts: the F.B.I. had a sophisticated investigation underway on Trump’s organization, possibly including FISA warrants. (Some news outlets now report that the F.B.I. did indeed have such warrants, an indication of probable cause.)

www.nytimes.com...

March 4, 2017

Trump, Offering No Evidence, Says Obama Tapped His Phones

www.nytimes.com...

Well NYT .. you are the ones who said his phones were indeed tapped, sounds like some evidence to me. That's right, gotta tow that party line.
edit on 5-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Maybe you've come to that conclusion. That hardly makes it the end of the story. If all of us were held to the standard that if at any time you've deviated from 100% truth you've lost all credibility no one would have any credibility.
That's just silly. Do you have kids? If so I doubt you sent them to juvy when they lied to you. I'm sure you did what any good parent would do that is to say. Learn from this and don't do it again. You didn't tell them they've lost all credibility with you end of story.
On the other hand a perpetual liar needs to be dealt with more strongly. They don't seem to learn.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The left is playing the word game...

Obama never ordered Trump to be tapped = someone else in the administration did. The statements being pout out by Obama are unusually specific and legalese.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
On the other hand a perpetual liar needs to be dealt with more strongly. They don't seem to learn.

The irony of this statement will bite you in the ass.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

This is politics. They shake the tree before they drop the fruit.

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join