It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: alphabetaone

It comes from reading the tripe they sell and researching the info to find the facts they left out... Way to take it personal though.

Personally? Why would I? I have no vested interest in the outcome of any of this.

However, why is it, precisely, those who scream the loudest (much like yourself) about tripe and how well they do their research, never forward their "research" that has brought them to these miraculous conclusions?

It always seems to be "becuz I know stuffs"....

Why don't you post create a blog where is housed all of this minutae, and link it for us here.... I would certainly love to be wrong about what I believe.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: SBMcG
I’m still trying to figure out just how the leftists think Russia could have caused Bill Clinton’s wife to lose the election.

Yes Id be highly interested to see what actual collusion could have taken place.... like oh can we have some fake news from you guys to help us sway public opinion.... oh wait that's the radical leftists.....

So, what you're telling me is that your average leftist is so dumb that their vote can be swayed by "fake news"...?

Really?

Isn't it more likely that Bill Clinton's wife was simply a lousy candidate with a sketchy record who cheated Bernie Sanders BIG LEAGUE during the primary campaign, and who was really only there because it was her turn...?

I would imagine many female Democrat voters also were uncomfortable with Mrs. Clinton's long history of defending and enabling a serial sexual predator.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You shouldn't so blindly trust fact checkers. They're not very good at their jobs. Look up fact checking the fact checkers. There's a lot of interesting analysis that shows their bias.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The New York Times reported on the FISA warrants in case you ignored that.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Whether O was directly involved in the specifics remains to be seen. One can imagine what was the reason for the hasty EO on warrantless wiretapping he signed in his last days as POTUS......
got any ideas?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

No, you didn't miss it. I just didn't post it as most people it seems simply ignore them and create their own spin on the bits that someone posts instead.

However, here is the source link

Thanks. For the record I usually try to read the source.

I got to run but I will get to it later.

I know you do, which is why I have zero problem with going back and getting it.

Anyway, talk to ya later.

The source is flawed. It starts off with Spicers comments, which we've all seen, then reverts back to an unnamed source to pad out the story to include where Trump got his information from. It can only be viewed as speculative for that reason.

I doubt that very sincerely.

The Washington Post, and The Fact Checker are notorious for doing just that....fact checking.

The news of the sources of Trumps accusation is based on an unnamed source and not Spicer as they open the article with.
It's just speculation and no more valid than any comment on here - especially given the number of retractions the Washington Post has had to make recently. Unreliable spin. We are yet to find out what evidence Trump has, though an actual named source earlier in the thread is on video saying that he believes the information came from a briefing with Comey.

No. It's not speculation that various media outlets have tried and failed to successfully garner any information with respect to Trump being targeted by any wiretap.

It's not speculation that one of the main sources of disconcert is a media report being circulated through the White House as it had been verified by a White House spokeperson.

It seems, the only thing that is speculation is that Obama had anything to do with the procurement or desire to wiretap Donald Trump.

An unnamed Whitehouse spokesperson telling us where Trump got his information from. Unreliable and speculation only.
At this point, yes, the accusations about Obama being directly involved is also only speculation - and will remain so until it is proven (or not).

That IS true. The White House spokesperson wasn't named. It is somewhat unreliable...I'll give you that.

And, of course, you're right, only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted but this doesn't look good

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The New York Times reported on the FISA warrants in case you ignored that.

Yes, saw the reports form them as well as others at the time.

Here is more from the NYT, just breaking:

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

being picked up now by all outlets.

Then I read the article....

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Story does not match the headline it seems, but will be interesting to see how Comey responds. It would be a major blow to Trump if Comey does actually come out and publicly rebukes him.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 5/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I’m still trying to figure out just how the leftists think Russia could have caused Bill Clinton’s wife to lose the election.

Yes Id be highly interested to see what actual collusion could have taken place.... like oh can we have some fake news from you guys to help us sway public opinion.... oh wait that's the radical leftists.....

So, what you're telling me is that your average leftist is so dumb that their vote can be swayed by "fake news"...?

Really?

Isn't it more likely that Bill Clinton's wife was simply a lousy candidate with a sketchy record who cheated Bernie Sanders BIG LEAGUE during the primary campaign, and who was really only there because it was her turn...?

I would imagine many female Democrat voters also were uncomfortable with Mrs. Clinton's long history of defending and enabling a serial sexual predator.

Like I was parroting the DNC if you please....yes anybody can be swayed by fake news if they are not more aware of the deep state. And even then it can be hard to tell even for long time conspiracy theorists. I don't buy into anything that smacks Democrat, leftist, radical progressivism....
Strangely it's so many liberal females who were taken in by the spectre of the first woman to be Prez and were seriously crushed when it didn't happen. If people knew the depth of deception....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Whether O was directly involved in the specifics remains to be seen. One can imagine what was the reason for the hasty EO on warrantless wiretapping he signed in his last days as POTUS......
got any ideas?

My opinion? Is exactly this

The change means that far more officials will be searching through raw data. Essentially, the government is reducing the risk that the N.S.A. will fail to recognize that a piece of information would be valuable to another agency, but increasing the risk that officials will see private information about innocent people.

And yes, I am not oblivious to the inherent dangers that it is supposing. I guarantee you I don't like it any more than you.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Seems backwards from what the FBI told the Trump administration when they asked the FBI to refute the false Russia claims.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Comey covered for Hillary. That's all I need to know about him.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

You shouldn't so blindly trust fact checkers. They're not very good at their jobs. Look up fact checking the fact checkers. There's a lot of interesting analysis that shows their bias.

I assure you I don't blindly give them credence. I agree with you, it's a dumb position to take to automatically assume ANY one reporting agency is accurate as they could easily have an agenda.

link   

Seems backwards from what the FBI told the Trump administration when they asked the FBI to refute the false Russia claims.

That is true - they said they would not comment on ongoing investigations. Perhaps there is no investigation that includes the wire tap, so he feels it is OK to reject the accusation. Still, I am going to wait for what he actually says, not some unnamed 'American official'. At this stage we don;t even know if the NYT are making this up, they could just be being fed misinformation by embedded leakers in Washington.

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I totally agree with you. Factcheck.org is an organ of Bill Ayers Annenberg Project. That should scream tainted immediately.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Comey covered for Hillary. That's all I need to know about him.

Well, no he didn't. he came out and made it public that she broke the law. That had a big effect, even if she was not indicted.
He seems pretty honest to me, and non partisan. Might be wrong.
edit on 5/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Trump has been successful in causing another meaningless distraction.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
NY Times is reporting that Comey wants the DOJ to reject Trumps accusations of the wiretapping because it can be damaging to the FBI.

The NYT’s reporters say Comey is concerned about the public’s expectations.

Along with concerns about the potential attacks on the bureau’s credibility, senior F.B.I. officials are said to be worried that the notion of a court-approved wiretap will raise the public’s expectations that the federal authorities have significant evidence implicating the Trump campaign in colluding with Russia’s efforts to disrupt the presidential election.

www.dailykos.com...

I guess Comey knows best.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

How is this meaningless if true?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
NY Times is reporting that Comey wants the DOJ to reject Trumps accusations of the wiretapping because it can be damaging to the FBI.

The NYT’s reporters say Comey is concerned about the public’s expectations.

Along with concerns about the potential attacks on the bureau’s credibility, senior F.B.I. officials are said to be worried that the notion of a court-approved wiretap will raise the public’s expectations that the federal authorities have significant evidence implicating the Trump campaign in colluding with Russia’s efforts to disrupt the presidential election.

www.dailykos.com...

I guess Comey knows best.

See above - as yet Comey has not made any such statement. This news is sourced from the NYT who are using an 'American official' as their source for what Comey has said internally.
It is of course potentially true, but not yet verified.

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join