It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: UKTruth
Its quite incredible that the request was ever granted - which is why it is important to know exactly what compelling evidence was given that Trump was working with a foreign govt. The fact that the surveillance seemed to continue just makes it worse. Still shocked that a President who endorsed and campaigned for Hillary Clinton would be wire tapping her opponent prior to the election. Amazing.

I would think they would have to provide fairly compelling evidence but maybe I am just being too altruistic and it may have all been partisan bull****.

From what i have read a request should only be granted if there is indeed compelling evidence presented.
The first FISA request was denied - it apparently targeted Trump. The second FISA request removed Trump's name, but it looks like they went ahead and included him anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It is farcical how the tweets mischaracterize it. But wasn't the warrant denied even? Still, the metadata is all there.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well if it was denied then having any information gathered and prove that it was done after been denied makes thing a lot more worst for those behind the order.

The Obama administration.

What a mess.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: the2ofusr1

when trump said that about shooting someone in the street and they'd still love me, HE was making fun of his supporters, you know that right??

I hate trump because he's made fools out of the lot of you. imo.

and, deep deep down you all know that's true. LOL

Well no matter how the dems took that the truth of the matter is what he was actually saying is: That stupid Bi$%h running against me is so corrupt that no matter what mud you sling my way it won't have any affect.

But here is a gift for your effort.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

LOL, Snowden is still hiding out for revealing those facts, that EVERYONE is subject to government surveillance! Just because everyone found out, doesn't mean the government stopped spying on its own citizens!

This a given in today's reality. Shaking my head in disbelief of Trump's naiveté!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
From what i have read a request should only be granted if there is indeed compelling evidence presented.
The first FISA request was denied - it apparently targeted Trump. The second FISA request removed Trump's name, but it looks like they went ahead and included him anyway.

Then hopefully a FOIA request will make clear what the reasons and evidence were so we can make a determination. I am also waiting to see if the monitoring took place beyond or outside the scope of the warrant.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

I know buddy... Hillary's emails.

the horror.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Actually I was reading on which spying agency is the one under the radar of the hacking of Trump phones and it points to the NSA, it is because they are the ones that have the most sweeping powers to tap on anybody.

They're constrained by Law. So ... either the FISA court signed off on this ... doubtful ... or one of our proxies (Canada, the UK, or Australia) did it and funneled the Intel through the CIA.

I'm betting on the latter.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I don't think he is naiveté, Trump is an animal of habit, he is an opportunist, he knows when to use his resources when the time is right.

And that is what is going on right now and why he waited for the direct accusation.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have no idea if this claim of wire-taps by the Obama Regime of Trump's home phones is true or not, but I do know this much from researching the matter for years: FISA warrants have been ritually abused to the point where every succeeding one is pushed a little further outside the parameters of the ruling than the one before.

That is further proof of the existence of a "Deep State" where exo-legal actions are considered justified in pursuit of the desired political ends.

There are reports that the FBI did request FISA warrants to tap phones in the Trump Camp. When I first heard about that, knowing what I know about the process and practice, it did not sit well with me.

FISA/Trump 1

Here's what I do know for sure: something is going on. Someone (FBI) did tap phones being used by the Trump Campaign. They either did or did not -- presumably did, have warrants to do that. Also, don't forget about the leaked transcripts that came from President Trump's first conversations with foreign leaders from the Oval Office.

I am quite disturbed by this, not only as an American citizen, but as a Trump supporter. Even though I strongly opposed almost everything Obama stood for, I would have just as strongly objected to these surveillance tactics being used against him in any way because it's a fishing expedition, not an actual investigation.

That's entrapment.

Trump can be impulsive and brash, but he's not stupid. I very seriously doubt he would make these claims without at least some evidence.

We're in uncharted waters, folks...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

It is farcical how the tweets mischaracterize it. But wasn't the warrant denied even? Still, the metadata is all there.

The first warrant was denied, so "they" went back and reworded it to meet the judge's requirements. This warrant was in reference to the Trump Tower Server that went directly to a Russian bank, and when Paul Manafort was still with the campaign, I believe. All of this came out, after the fact, in October.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That means using another country information to influence politics in the US. Just like the accusations that Russia influence elections.

Interesting.

Still the NSA will do what they are good at, they will keep gathering information regardless.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So it comes out that don got his information from a Breitbart article?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but....

Lofl...no reality in that head

link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
I have no idea if this claim of wire-taps by the Obama Regime of Trump's home phones is true or not, but I do know this much from researching the matter for years: FISA warrants have been ritually abused to the point where every succeeding one is pushed a little further outside the parameters of the ruling than the one before.

That is further proof of the existence of a "Deep State" where exo-legal actions are considered justified in pursuit of the desired political ends.

There are reports that the FBI did request FISA warrants to tap phones in the Trump Camp. When I first heard about that, knowing what I know about the process and practice, it did not sit well with me.

FISA/Trump 1

Here's what I do know for sure: something is going on. Someone (FBI) did tap phones being used by the Trump Campaign. They either did or did not -- presumably did, have warrants to do that. Also, don't forget about the leaked transcripts that came from President Trump's first conversations with foreign leaders from the Oval Office.

I am quite disturbed by this, not only as an American citizen, but as a Trump supporter. Even though I strongly opposed almost everything Obama stood for, I would have just as strongly objected to these surveillance tactics being used against him in any way because it's a fishing expedition, not an actual investigation.

That's entrapment.

Trump can be impulsive and brash, but he's not stupid. I very seriously doubt he would make these claims without at least some evidence.

We're in uncharted waters, folks...

Good point about the transcripts of the foreign leader calls.. the idea that the transcripts came from tapped calls is shocking, but not unbelievable given what is now coming to light.
I hope Trump is having all his offices swept for bugs and also reviewing the security of his phones.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

And that is what is going on right now and why he waited for the direct accusation.

Right! He's trying to stir up a "Yosemite Sam meets the Tasmanian Devil" style Sh# storm to distract everyone from Session's Russian problem!

edit on 4-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: veracity
So it comes out that don got his information from a Breitbart article?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but....

Lofl...no reality in that head

citation?
How do you know this?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If the warrant request was denied, why were the phones tapped anyway? Who was responsible for the leaked transcripts of Trump's conversations from the Oval Office with foreign leaders?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The first warrant was denied, so "they" went back and reworded it to meet the judge's requirements. This warrant was in reference to the Trump Tower Server that went directly to a Russian bank, and when Paul Manafort was still with the campaign, I believe. All of this came out, after the fact, in October.

NO, Manafort had left. The second warrant was requested, allegedly, and approved in October 2016.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"When they go low,
We go high"

-- Michael Obama

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If true that's serious. Trump better have proof.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join