It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

again I will ask you if you think it is ok for a sitting potus getting a fisa warrant against someone who won their parties nomination?

link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

The Obama Administration requested a FISA warrant to tap Trump's phones.

That isn't opinion, that's fact.

Prove it.

Because according to (someone far more in the know than you will ever be) James Clapper's words he was pretty resolute....

WASHINGTON - Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Sunday denied any suggestion that Trump Tower communications were wiretapped before the election.
"There was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president-elect at the time, as a candidate, or against his campaign," Clapper told Chuck Todd in an exclusive interview on Sunday's "Meet The Press."

Period. There was no such wiretap activity....and HE would certainly be the one to know if there was.

link   

So for National Security reasons they went after Flynn and others, but left Trump out? How believable is that?

link   

originally posted by: talisman...
The Russian narrative is one that is contrived for a purpose, as all nations listen in and hack each other. Obama had Merkel bugged. So using the Russian narrative is for the purpose of creating doubt about this Presidency.

Yahtzee!

This is just another example of leftists not being able to accept that they not only legitimately lost the White House, but pretty much everything else.

America is now and has always been a right-of-center country. Leftists are never in power for long until the pendulum swings back the other way.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Was another warrant obtained?

If it was, the press forgot to leak that. James Clapper
says no, and double no.

James Clapper also said there was no Russian connection in the election.

This is sheer joy watching the Dems self implode on all of the leaking they gave to the press.
edit on 5-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: talisman

Manafort resigns.

Flynn resigns.

Sessions (apparently against his boss' wishes) recuses himself.

How many more tacit admissions of guilt do you think we need?

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

if a warrant was issued I doubt it was against an american citizen and the desimination of the info is a crime

You doubt? Do you know for certain?

Perhaps you mean you hope the warrant was not issued for an American citizen because that could have some bad implications for someone in the Trump camp and potentially show collusion with a foreign entity.

if a warrant was not "needed" the former potus is in deep trouble

If a warrant was not needed and was still granted, or a wiretap was still implemented, they would have to find solid evidence that it was ordered/pushed by Obama.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

again I will ask you if you think it is ok for a sitting potus getting a fisa warrant against someone who won their parties nomination?

It's a moot point. If it had happened, then the answer would be no. However, he didn't and unless you can prove (from an authoritative statement, not some media outlet) the claim, your words ring hollow.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

BUT BUT BUT. Flynn is a Democrat and an Obama appointee.

link   

Again I will ask you if a sitting POTUS did so...

link   

Funny thing there G.

Ya know those little numbers. That are foot notes.

Number 7,

0 U.S. Code § 1802

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—

www.law.cornell.edu...

Carry on.

link   

originally posted by: Berns23
Clapper denied there ever was a FISA warrant. The plot thickens.

Exactly and he's very credible.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: introvert

We know wiretapping was taking place in Trump tower in regards to Russian banking/servers.

So you admit the ic was turned on american citizens?
You do understand that is illegal?
You do understand there are actual criminal penalties for keeping and dissemination of illegally obtained info/data of a us citizen?
Please explain how this is not the same thing nixon did.

I do not know whom exactly was the target of the wiretapping and therefore cannot come to any solid conclusion. Do you know?

If not, how can you compare this to Nixon unless you do have all the info?

Absolutely true. We need more facts before rushing to judgement.

But this does led to a potential slippery slope. If the precedent is set that a sitting political power can wiretap their opponents based merely on a belief they may be colluding with outside entities, I fear this power will be abused both all sides over and over again.

That's the real danger here. Our intelligence agencies are spending more time working on our own parties than against our enemies. It's frightening because we're crumbling from within. We're so divided right now....

Can you imagine what would happen if Obama is found linked to this directly? What is capital police were sent to arrest him?

He brought this on himself by trying to help the DNC/Hillary.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Berns23

BUT BUT BUT. Flynn is a Democrat and an Obama appointee.

LOL ... and what was he after President Obama fired him?

Oh, that's right, a bellman on the Trump Train.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
On a side note:

All government paid for phones used to have a sticker on them that by using this phone, you consent to monitoring and recording.

This was long before smart phones and applied to desktop phones. I haven't seen one of these for a while, maybe someone else can confirm if they still have these.

edit on R042017-03-05T13:04:04-06:00k043Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: SBMcG

The Obama Administration requested a FISA warrant to tap Trump's phones.

That isn't opinion, that's fact.

Prove it.

Because according to (someone far more in the know than you will ever be) James Clapper's words he was pretty resolute....

WASHINGTON - Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Sunday denied any suggestion that Trump Tower communications were wiretapped before the election.
"There was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president-elect at the time, as a candidate, or against his campaign," Clapper told Chuck Todd in an exclusive interview on Sunday's "Meet The Press."

Period. There was no such wiretap activity....and HE would certainly be the one to know if there was.

Clapper is a proven liar, and as far as him knowing more than me -- I have no idea. I know a lot of things he doesn't most likely. I certainly know more than you about a great many things.

Bottom line, more than likely failed dimwit Obama was so desperate to salvage anything he could of his pathetic legacy that he ordered the FISA request.

Thankfully, Congress will now investigate and God only knows where that will lead. this is Barry Hussein Soetoro we're talking about, after all...

link   
a reply to: neo96

Wow, you know how Wikipedia works!

I would not have guessed.

Does the USC state that Obama tapped Trump or not?

Because that's Trump's claim.

Still waiting.

link   

By this measure, obama was a communist, correct?

Van jones resigns

Cass sunstein resigns

Anita Dunn resigns

I mean, how many tacit admissions do you need?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The fbi would investigate the american citizen in question NOT THE NSA therefore NO FISA WARRANT

A "warrantless" wiretap can only be approved by the POTUS
That means obama ONLY

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Was another warrant obtained?

If it was, the press forgot to leak that. James Clapper
says no, and double no.

James Clapper also said there was no Russian connection in the election.

Clapper said that the Obama admin did not tap Trump.

This is sheer joy watching the Dems self implode on all of the leaking they gave to the press.

Who's imploding?

Most of the pieces I have read indicate the Dems are mocking Trump for tweeting nonsense he has yet to prove.

If you want to have a decent conversation, leave that sort of hyperbolic, dramatic nonsense out of it.

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join