It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Levels....YJA2017

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Seven Levels

Level Three

And I watched as the rain came down. A roaring, thunderous rain. The kind that makes children pause from their play and come running to your side in fright. That's where my child is right now. Snuggled up close in the safety of his mothers arms. The rain...its been continuous for 40 days and nights, a non stop onslaught.

We keep traveling to higher ground, each day struggling against the mudslides and stinging raindrops as we work our way to the top of the mountain. Soon we will be in the lands that the Gods once roamed. Ah, but no matter...the rain has to end soon, it can't rain forever.

And as we make camp for the night I walk to the edge of the cliff, my head turned up towards the sky and I fall to my knees screaming my anguish to the Gods. "What right do you have to put us through such trials? Did we not worship you? Did we not sacrifice and obey your commands?" My tears mix with the raindrops that are splashing on my face.

Lowering my head, I realize there will be no answer. And as I rise up from my knees, that is when I see the tidal wave. Such a monstrous wave, higher than the moon it 's shadow fell upon my shape long before it ever made it to land. I ran swiftly back to hold my child, pushing his face into my chest so he could not see his fate.

The others were running around, as though they could escape the fury of the Gods...I knew better though. Together, me and my son sat upon the muddy mountainside. His eyes covered as my eyes saw the wall of water come rolling in and wash over us. A few seconds before it landed, I lowered my head and kissed my son, whispering how much I loved him over and over again as the crash of the roaring waters beat down upon us.

That was my first death...there have been many more since then. This...this is where I reside afterwards. The place between worlds. This is where I am judged and where it is decided what kind of life I will be placed in next. Sometimes I move up a level, sometimes down, it all depends on who I was when I was "living".

To be judged...not by your peers or God. But, you judge yourself. You know the end goal when you are in the place between worlds stage. You know what you are trying to achieve by continuing to go back to Earth over and over again. You judge you. No one else is needed to do the judging.

For unlike down there, when you are here, you don't have those Earthly emotions. You don't feel hate or greed or love or hope. You know what they are, but you don't feel them. Not like you do down there anyways. So you tend to see things more clearly.

Level One

I had no choice but to grab the blade. The knife slid down the palm of my hand and I could feel the hot sting of its steel as it cut deep into my skin. Ah, well... at least he was wielding a dull weapon. My sword, of course, was sharp enough to cut him in two...which I will prove in just one second.

I fight against the pain and pull the blade from his hand, the surprised look in his eyes brought me some satisfaction. Smiling, I pull out my own sword and slice through his midsection. He looks down in disbelief, he never thought a woman would be the one to bring him to his death.

I pull off my head covering, making sure that he understands who I am. Kicking him to the ground, I bend on one knee, bringing my face intimately close to his. " And your death will go down in the history books, people will know your name, and they will also know that it was I, Back from the dead Red, that took your life from you."

I leaned a bit closer and slid my tongue slowly up the side of his cheek. Just as I was about to rise to my feet, I felt the harsh thrust of a blade being shoved into my gut. And as the dying man took his last breath, so did I take mine. Together, two pirates, two legends died that day.

My, my..I was a very naughty girl in that life. Pillaging and plundering, a murdering thieving scallywag I was. No matter, whatever sins I did that time around I certainly paid for in the next life. Here, in the place between worlds, you know every past life you ever had. Now I know why I am deathly afraid of drowning. And also, why I have a natural attraction to swords.

But after this place, when you are sent to the next level, you know nothing of who your were. It's a total reboot, a complete start over. Sure, you retain some of your skills or attributes, just the instinctual parts for you in your new life. But, for the most part, you are free from everything you were before. Free to live and do it right this time...to become better.

continued...
edit on 4-3-2017 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Level Six

I tip the bottle back and prop myself up against the cold steel of the garbage cans. Nothing like a shot of whiskey to keep ya warm on a cold winters night. I could feel bitter cold creep in through my jacket. Pulling up the collar so it covered my neck, I sit and ponder my life in the darkest hours of the night. It's too cold to fall asleep. If you learn one thing while living on the streets, you learn to never close your eyes on the coldest of nights.

I also knew that I should keep moving. Meh, I'm too old to keep moving. This body has seen it all, been through good times and bad. I drift off into my thoughts, remembering the good old days when I had tons of money and family and a roof over my head. Now, though, that's all gone. When the stock market crashed, it took everything from me...and everyone.

Now, I'm just an old bum on the street, begging for food and money, taking life one day at a time. I snap out of my trance, damn, I was almost asleep. You fool! You never go to sleep in below zero temperatures! I remember my dog, he was a good dog, the only one who stayed with me through everything. Of course he was old, and even in his last days, he followed me around wherever I went. I wish I had him with me know.

I know, no sleeping! But, would it actually be so bad? To fall asleep and never wake up? Let the cold carry me away, let the frigid wind take my breath from me? I try to stand up but my legs are numb. Rocking back and forth I take another long swig from my bottle then let it drop loosely from my hand to the littered ground next to me. My gaze is captured by something that only I can see and as the sun breaks the horizon my lifeless body lays there, staring blankly into the distance.

Well, that was an exciting life. I was up on top, fell down, worked my way back up, and then gave up. Like riding a roller coaster. Mostly I was an alright guy though. Tried to provide for my wife and family, but , I still had a bit of karma left from my pirate days. So, I guess mostly that is taken care of now.

Here, in the place between worlds, you have a better understanding of your mistakes. You are not involved in the life, you are looking at it like an outsider would. Makes for easier learning...hopefully you remember the lesson for the next life though. The goal is to work your way up to the first level, the final tier. Then, if you make it to that one, you can finally get off this rock.

The rub is...you only know that information here, in the place between worlds. Once you get thrown back into the rat race...you forget. Your only hope is that you remember your mistakes, and that you don't have to pay back in karma points what you did wrong in your last life. Karma really is a bitch...ya know?

Level Five

"we've been hit! we've been hit! We are going down!" My co-pilot yells this in the cabin, when we are the only two people in the plane. He is in full panic mode, as if he was never trained for this. Of course, I already know we are going down. And...also, that we've taken fire and been hit. Panic is not what you are taught in the Air Force. I don't know how this kid got through training, but he was really pissing me off.

Right, so, we are over enemy territory. There's two options. I can still make it out to sea and crash, or I can try to make it to the border and crash. But this kid, he needs to shut up and start thinking. I don't have time for panic. I got a two year old boy and a wife back home that I promised I would return to.

"It's ok, kid. I promise you I'm gonna live. And if you want to live too, you need to start helping me out here. We are going for the border, which means I need my co-pilot to be my co-pilot. We may not make it all the way, but I'm hoping to get close enough that when we eject out it'll be just a short hike afterwards." I look over to see the kid in lotus position practicing deep breathing exercises. WTF!!! If we both make it out of here alive, I'm definitely gonna kill him.

"Did you hear me, lieutenant?" He lets out his breath and looks up at me.

"Yes Sir. We are gonna try to get as close as we can to the border and then we are ejecting out. You need me to help navigate, be your co-pilot. Yes I heard you , Sir!"

I look over at him and roll my eyes. He was still practicing deep breathing exercises and only half way paying attention to the controls. A few minutes later the last engine fails and I know it's time to go. I direct the kid to relay our coordinates to base, hoping that they will send someone to retrieve us if we don't make it across the border, and I give him the order for bail out.

The kid, he was too panicked to follow even the simplest of instructions. He was fumbling around, searching for the ejection handle. I reach over to pull it for him. The canopy comes off the plane, his seat flies out and I get hit in the head by his hands flailing wildly in the air. The blow knocked me out for a few seconds.

I wake up just in time to see the nose of the plane crash into the jungle trees...my last thoughts are "it figures the whiney ass kid would be the one to live". A few moments later, The planes explodes into a fiery inferno, with me still inside it.

Whelp, at least I had a good life. A loving, devoted family, a good career. And, I did die with honor, defending my country. If it wasn't for that whiney ass kid I would've had a longer life. Self sacrifice should get me bonus points though.(even if it was unintentional) Maybe I'll finally get to the next level.

This is where it's all decided. I'm at the next passing. I'm trying to figure out where I go from here. Was I a good enough person to get to level one? Or did I mess up too much and need to go back to level seven? I wish they would let you remember this stuff for your next life...at least then you would know what you're there for.

Now that's a big joke up here...everyone teases everyone "ohhhh! I see you finally found out what the purpose of life was...again! Hahahahahha! You solved the big mystery...woohoo!" The joke being that every time you are in between worlds you know. And every time you go back to Earth, you forget.

Anyhow...maybe my next life won't be so bad. I've still got a lot to learn, but I also have a lot of lessons under my belt already. see you in the next life!

Thanks,
blend57

edit on 4-3-2017 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I adore your work. Such talent and I'm glad you share it here on ATS. Very good read.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

That was really good blend57 awesome!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hehe ! Are you published ??

If not ... why not ?!

Wonderfully captivating ...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Good Lord, I was at the edge of my seat through the incarnations! Wonderfully written!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Night Star

I'm glad you found it enjoyable and thank you for your kind words. Always like to hear your thoughts.

Timely

Lol. I don't have the patience to write anything of value...but I do have the imagination : )

"I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires." - Khalil Gibran

luckskywatcher
Thank you for the comment and the encouragement. I read your story and it is quite good....you'll be picking up writer status soon enough I think.

JinMI

I try to share what I write, but I don't want to be intrusive to the people that come to this website for the conspiracy aspect of it. I think though that the short stories and such are a good way to take a short break from all of that. I appreciate those who take the time to read and comment in them. Makes me, as well as (I'm sure) the other writers feel that what we post has some value.

Thanks everyone..I've been reading through the other entries and they've all been wonderfully creative and beautifully written. Truly some very talented people on this site.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Thoroughly adored your story.

Very original

bally

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
hi blend,

Nice to see you again.

I think you forgot to link your story in the actual CONTEST THREAD HERE?

I'll do that for you now.

kindest regards,
Gordi

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I needed seven beers to finish that one! LOL

Kidding only! That was a captivating story. Makes one wonder what level they're on? Are there negative levels?

Like maybe, I'm in the basement or the plumbing/heating area and have yet to even reach the basement, let alone level one! Which is cool as the future might be a wonderful place to be reborn into unless it is all Mad Max, right?

Thanks for allowing us on your journey!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
blend - this is excellent writing. I love how you make each incarnation distinct and give it its own personality.

Keep it up!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

OMG, LOVE your avatar!!!!!! How adorable!!!!!!! You must bring your adorable pixie and yourself back to the shed! And those colorful frogs in your signature!!!!!!! Ooops, sorry for being off topic! I couldn't help myself!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Always, always great!
What more can one say?
Interesting and engaging story. (Okay, I said two more things!)

Thanks Blend.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Brilliant read, that

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm on the basement level..seems like I'm a bit devious and never earn enough "life points" to move up. I don't think there are any negative levels...otherwise that's where I'd be...lol

PrairieShepherd

Always wanted to be a pirate..and a pilot, and a bum...Always wondered what it was like to live each of these lives (and more). I'm sure I didn't even come close to the real thing. But it was fun to write and imagine..

Night Star

Thanks lady..I do pop into the shed from time to time..read a bit here and there. But, I'm very shy until you get to know me..then I'm very annoying..(ask around..people know!) May be better off with me just lurking in the background..lol

TNMockingbird

Thanks lady, I liked your story as well. It was a good read and I like how descriptive it was..made me feel like I was part of the story..

Thanks everyone for commenting. Very nice of you to take the time!

Now..off to my singing lessons!

blend57

edit on 11-3-2017 by blend57 because: always an edit!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Good stuff ay!

Really good

top topics

join