It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: c2oden

Why do you need personal anecdotes? I have bigots among my family.

I don't need personal anecdotes. I'm just trying to understand how you can justify what you say with what you want people to believe.
edit on 2017-03-04T03:23:44-06:002201704America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

. . .

Best answer yet, the equivalent of crickets...

lol

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

Because realising it would necessitate that one acts on the information one has, that one not be alone in doing so, that entire cities, absent not a single person, rise up and refuse to be controlled, resist all efforts to corral them, tear down the walls of the castles built to house power, to keep it from their hands.

They would also have to be intellectually capable of realising that everything they have been told about the economic model they are so fastidiously in love with that they claim it to be a political model, is absolutely wrong, that their support for capitalism is part of the spear lodged in their guts, that only denying it, and everything that comes with it, will free them in any significant fashion.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Do ya really wanna know? Can you handle the truth?

People want to kill. We haven't been allowed to kill ... because of laws.

We're gettin' ramped up for it though. I can feeeeeel it coming. And, the day it does, I'll be ready. Will you??

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
To answer your question OP. The left was so sure they had another 4 years locked up to continue their nanny state policies, but then lost due to all the fake news they push. They fooled their own supporters into thinking Hillary had it in the bag, but couldn't manage to get enough illegals to vote for her. Now we're dealing with the tantrums you see when a 2 year old doesn't get their way. Simple as that.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
Oh people realise it but people love argueing and being objective over every little thing. The thrill of the fight, the expansion of ego, so many reasons. People love having an enemy and adversary. Too bad most don't realise it's their own shadow.
Objective? Most people don't know the first thing about it. People are too consumed with their "Rah-rah-rah, let me grab my pom poms" partisan politics to know what objectivity is.

ob·jec·tiv·i·ty

ˌäbjekˈtivədē/

noun

the quality of being objective.

"the piece lacked any objectivity"

synonyms:impartiality, absence/lack of bias, absence/lack of prejudice, fairness, fair-mindedness, neutrality, evenhandedness, justice, open-mindedness, disinterest, detachment, dispassion, neutrality< br />

edit on 4-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In my ever so humble opinion, its the minorities that have all the power and the ear of Government, because the minorities have the absolute backing of the liberals

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Because we have a lot of people who have been told their entire life to vote against the other guy, the news says this, the politicians say this... many friends and family tell them this.

If you do not make the conscious effort to break the cycle... well hear the lie long enough it starts to sound like truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Politics is the new religion.

Pitchforks and torches are the new weapons.

*cheers*

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Because some people want to restrict people from marrying who they want to marry, living as the gender their brain tells them they are, from making choices for their own bodies and lives, starve the poor, demonize minorities, make immigration impossible and install one religion. While the rest of us love freedom and liberty.

I have yet to meet ONE person like you have described here...
A single one!
Thread was supposed to be bipartisan.
But you couldn't help yourself could you?
10 comments in no less...
But could tell this was a left leaning thread from the OP.
Will still play though.

By in large people just want to be left the hell alone...
The reason the left lost so big this election is they are incapable of just leaving people alone. Everyone must collated and filed into their respective group and follow the proper oppression Olympics rules. The leftists have been fired from their self anointed titles of social engineers after they have all but destroyed anything designed to empower the individual...

The individual must be sacrificed at the alter of the collective left.
~Dave Rubin

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think there is something major wrong in our society.
Just the liberal half...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
a reply to: Perfectenemy

The issue I have with Trump is all his god damn lying. If he truly is for the people, that is a big "if", do you think the others would let him follow through with anything he wants.

He may be actually trying to keep the country safe but the left has turned it into a racist issue. I don't know if he is truly a racist but I do know one thing, it was the politicians who placed that thought in our heads.

Before it was the right politicians who made Obama out to be the boogie man. Like good sheep, we listen and follow.

Something has to change. I am not calling for civil unrest but for our votes and words to mean something.

I hate that the left (my party) has turned almost everything racial or bigoted, they are beginning to lose their original meaning.
But what are your words...You're happy to have people south of the border invade our Nation...We already have a healthy immigration program...But you guys are happy with those millions of Mexicans take the jobs of American citizens and live off the taxes of American workers' wages...How does that make sense???

You want to allow muzlims from Countries that have us listed as their #1 enemy without any vetting what so ever...How does that make sense to you???

Trump wants to make sure EVERY American who can't afford it has gov't paid healthcare while lowering the costs to those who have to pay for it...How can you liberals oppose that??? A far, far better plan for everyone than Obamacare...

Everything Trump ran on is far better for more Americans than anything we have seen in decades...

We can't figure out why or what you are protesting other than the fact that Obama and Hillary lost the election...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Because some people want to restrict people from marrying who they want to marry, living as the gender their brain tells them they are, from making choices for their own bodies and lives, starve the poor, demonize minorities, make immigration impossible and install one religion. While the rest of us love freedom and liberty.

I have yet to meet ONE person like you have described here...
A single one!
Thread was supposed to be bipartisan.
But you couldn't help yourself could you?
10 comments in no lessn
Bipartisanship on this site? Lol. OK. You're talking about a site where Centrists are either ignored or both rightists and leftists throw their snarky little comments towards them, all the while bickering amongst themselves. There isn't any such thing as Bipartisanship here, and anyone who tries to have any such conversation is sorely disappointed because it's not long before you see rightists and leftists here tossing around their partisan tripe. This thread is yet another example. It's like two kids trying to tell their parents (Centrists) they didn't do it, their brother or sister did.
edit on 4-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join