It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The only time because I am not trying to pit us against one another.

All verified and can be looked up if you want.

All Pants on Fire! statements involving Donald Trump

Four pages

All False statements involving Donald Trump

7 pages

His most recent one

Tru mp won't require Keystone XL pipeline to use American steel after all

That's it and if you want to debate his lies, then start a thread on it. This is about them pitting us against one another.

Yes Obama lied too.

All False statements involving Barack Obama

4 pages.

All Pants on Fire! statements involving Barack Obama
1 page

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We have been conditioned to set ourselves against "The Other."

Which Other ... doesn't really matter.

Allow me to quote the sage Pogo ...

"We have seen the enemy, and he is us."

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

Humans are essentially biological computers. Our behavior can be programmed, and there are those that specialize in programming us. You can flip people's switches and use emotions to override logic and get them to act against their best interests.

Play on their "us vs. them" mentality and you can get people to sacrifice their own lives and the lives of their children to kill people they don't even know. Countries call it patriotism. Gangs call it loyalty.

Play on their fear and you can get people to give up their freedom and willingly submit themselves, their family, and anyone else into slavery.

Play on their desire for companionship or their ego and you can rob people blind by selling them the promise of making their dreams come true. Entire industries are built on this.

Play on their frustration and you can convince people that all their problems are someone else's fault. Are you struggling in this economy? Blame the other political party. Just ignore the fact that no matter who seems to be in charge, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, we always seem to be at war with someone, and every year you have less rights and freedoms than you had the year before.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It takes two sides to fight.

Quit fighting.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
"What is wrong with us?"

Beyond the current Trump paradigm, I wonder if part of what's wrong has to do with human nature in the sense of having a streak of bully potential inside of us, and the lambasting, belittling, labeling and attacking in the media and social networks stimulate this bully instinct, causing it to sprawl.

I am speaking of biological driven bullying at the base, like when a pack of wolves attack or kill a weak, maim or significantly different member of their pack, it is biologically driven to ensure propagation of species by weeding out members that have weak or chancy traits. Of course one thing that differentiates us from animals is compassion, empathy and self reflection. The bully drive still lies beneath, imo.

This bullying in human form, while maybe stemming from biological instinct, is fueled with ego and multi-culturalism proximities, which takes it to another level. Media and social networks act as a mirror sometimes, so now we have bullying in stereo, reflecting from the people and to the people. Voices and platforms are given for personal expression and for so many, for so many reasons, attacking others is satisfying. A primal gratification perhaps.

I don't know…and this may just be the wine talking….
edit on 4-3-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Because some people want to restrict people from marrying who they want to marry, living as the gender their brain tells them they are, from making choices for their own bodies and lives, starve the poor, demonize minorities, make immigration impossible and install one religion. While the rest of us love freedom and liberty.

I have yet to meet someone wants to restrict people from marrying who they want to marry.
I have not met someone who wants to starve the poor.

My family is mostly "minority".
We don't feel "demonized" and we believe in lawful immigration.
Immigration is not "impossible".
It is a process, but it's pretty easy if you chose to do it lawfully.

I have not met someone who wants to install one religion.

Everybody loves freedom and liberty.

edit on 2017-03-03T23:33:30-06:002201703America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
5G will eliminate free will from the planet which will be a pyrhic victory because the gnostic gospels state if man loses free will the planet will be foreclosed -if we don't kill ourselves first with chemtrails and weather modification Hawaii just had a blizzard but never mind because Trump wipes his butt with Russian toilet paper

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

You apparently don't get out much.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm okay!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You apparently don't get out much.

I'm out every single day.
The real world is a much nicer and more tolerant place than the internet.

Get out there and see for yourself.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I liked the meme in the other thread but have to say I love this topic as its own thread and hope it gets flagged to the top.

I would LOVE to see more of these questions asked, on social media especially. The wording is perfect.

Not left. Not right. Us. Together. As it should be.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I get where you are coming from, but I disagree that Trump is in this to make money. He is losing money by being President. I don't think it is to stroke his ego either. If anything he is hurting his popularity with all the attacks on him and his family.

I truly believe he is doing this for America. There is no upside for a 70 year old to take this abuse

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
We don't need outside influences to make us hate each other. Our species is still in a brutal, primitive stage, afraid that someone will get the last banana.

"but we went to the moon" you say....no WE didn't, a few smart people did. Most people don't even have enough sense to use their damn turn signals.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You're fortunate.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No it doesn't.

But it does take two to pretend to fight, sometimes you even get the odd person who's gone and got themselves too wound up and actually snap.

We're no different, politics is the same in essence. Loads of posturing and little done. Pussies afraid of change.

It takes a certain level of discontent to actually do something and it usually ends in shock and awe. Everything else is barking.
edit on 3-3-2017 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I truly believe he is doing this for America. There is no upside for a 70 year old to take this abuse

I've had this strange idea since he announced running. I think Trump may be so consumed with his legacy that he could be in it for the 'reward' of going down in history as the president that brought America back from the brink.

His intentions are there but maybe not for the greatest reasons but certainly not the worst.

ETA, Gryphon nailed it with "the others". I even gave a star, strange how quickly things change from thread to thread.
edit on 3/4/2017 by ManufacturedDissent because: Added a sentence

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I get where you are coming from, but I disagree that Trump is in this to make money. He is losing money by being President. I don't think it is to stroke his ego either. If anything he is hurting his popularity with all the attacks on him and his family.

He got to look behind the curtain and didn't like what he saw.
He decided to do something about it.

He did it.
Those that were behind the curtain do not like it.
They do not like it at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That vid is awesome man, it made me think of the effect of barriers separating space and how separate spaces cater to defending it as in ownership, and maybe even wanting the other's space. Wheras when the space becomes one for all, they don't want no trouble and are forced to either retreat or attempt coexisting….interesting

No borders?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Maybe you're right.

But there are two sides.

Both think they are right.

Only one side wants to stage a coup and overthrow the government though.

So I am just a bit flippant when I see people say, "Why can't we get along" when many of them want to destroy the Constitution and piss away freedoms.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I write posts like this often enough, even some recent ones have such content.

I really think the media and government are against the people, and the people really have more in common with each other than they'd ever want us to know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join