It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution of Boeing infographic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I saw this the other day and thought it was pretty funny. Boeing hired Inventory Locator Service to produce an infographic of the Evolution of Boeing, starting with the Wright Brothers as the obvious first step, and going through the expected entry of the 777X family. Only apparently someone didn't do their homework very well.

If you look at the infographic, in 1967, they mark the first flight of the 737-100, by using the image of a 737NG, which didn't fly until 1997.
In 1969, they mark the first flight of the 747-100, by using the image of a 747-8.
In 1997, to denote the merger of McDonnel Douglas and Boeing, they use a 787.
In 2009, for the first flight of the 787, they use a 777.
And then, to top it all off, at the bottom of the graphic, is a huge image of an A321 sitting parked.

The Evolution of Boeing

(post by Fools removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No mention of the Agena target vehicle attributed as the Saturn V first stage? That one made me chuckle as hard as any of the others.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

That one got missed. Hah.

This isn't the first time a company hired by Boeing has used an Airbus in place of a Boeing aircraft.
edit on 3/3/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

As someone with an art degree, the idea that a firm's graphic design team is so technology-illiterate that they'd call an Airbus a Boeing without vetting the image is one of the least shocking things that I could think of.

The folks who do the 3-D renderings seem to know their stuff, likely because of their much more technical background, but the folks doing basic cut-and-paste layout spreads like that probably don't even know that there is a difference between Boeing and Airbus in the first place.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Honestly that really wouldn't surprise me in the least. They probably did a simple image search for the types, and used the first image to come up. And with some of them just found an image they thought was cool, like the 787 for the merger.

It makes for a fun walk through of their history though, laughing at the mistakes.
edit on 3/3/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If Boeing can stuff up to this extent ... can they actually build an aircraft these days.

Funny ... yes ... but disturbing none the less.

I would be asking how well they vetted the glass manufacturer who makes the glass windows ...

P

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

This wasn't Boeing, it was a PR company hired by Boeing.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

"You had one job! !!"

"Contract an outside vendor for PR they said.... it'll be fine they said. "

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: pheonix358

This wasn't Boeing, it was a PR company hired by Boeing.

Yes I know. Boeing use lots of outside suppliers though so ... much the same thing really, IMHO.

P

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I meet a lot of people in advertising. I never meet anyone in advertising that is excessively intelligent. If I had to describe them I would say they're those people that somehow recall information well enough to get surprisingly high grades in academia but flunk on a rigorous standardised test. With all due respect though, this type of error would get an entire department fired if it was in house Boeing. Since it's an outside broker I should hope they'll not get any more big opportunities and I wouldn't be surprised if they ceased to exist. Who would hire them after that?

top topics

join