It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese XXJ/J-14

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No waynos I just think that up angle of cancard is too strange.
As cancard must be to give lift force to aeroplane, so must be horizontal.
The angle of deflection was not a matter.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by emile]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure what you mean emile but don't you think the way you have interpreted the canard outline on the photo looks like this?

Don't forget the picture is very out of focus and you cannot actually see the angle of deflection.

Even so, it has been done before;

[edit on 3-12-2005 by waynos]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Great pictures there of these chinese planes . From distance they are similar with the US F-18 Hornet

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Emile, as usual Waynos is on the money. The canard angle you rightly spotted, is not uncommon of aircraft at rest.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
looks like a mig25-31, but i cant see the horizontal tail controls

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, based on what is presented, it doesn't look like a MiG-25 or -31. The fins give it away. The aircraft in the mystery photo has it's fins canted futher out than the Foxbat or the Foxhound, as well as looking shorter. Also, although the tail pipes are big, the proportion is smaller that the Foxbat. And the Foxhound can be ruled out unless they jacked the nose gear up. The Foxhound's nose doesn't sit that high. Also, what would China be doing with either? I can't tell what it is, but I can tell you what it's not. The concept pics in the earlier post match the mystery plane better. Given that China is coming up with more unique aircraft everytime I turn around, I wouldn't doubt this airplane is mostly original. Maybe not successful, since it's by itself, out in the open, but it is worth looking into.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by TSR2005]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think the photo is of the J-12 and I think "J-14" and "J-xx" are also J-12 program. I don't think it's fully stealthy but other than that looks pretty credible.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i wasn't going to bother posting this but I will now:

revised artists impression combining photo evidence with other accounts:

[edit on 5-12-2005 by planeman]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
lol

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Now, we all surely by now know that this is a render;

It is, however widely reproduced and reinterpreted as the 'new Chinese J-whatever' so looking at it alongside planemans picture (which for the purpose of this post I will regard as entirely genuine in order to simplify matters) there are a few points that we can observe, but sadly only a few due to the nature of the phograph below

the fins on the rendered aircraft are much further out than on the 'distant' picture, also the ground angle on the smaller image is much steeper, although aircraft can change their ground angle with hydraulic nose gear legs seeing as the aircraft actually appears to be parked there is no reason for it to do this.

Therefore I conclude that the aircraft in the photo is very close to the impression that Planeman has posted above, is not a MiG 25 or any version of it and nor is it either the plane in the render (in my view a 'YF-23-ised' fantasy that might be based on the real aircraft, but hopelesssly exaggerated) nor is it the MiG 1/44 (though it appears fairly close to it in some areas)

In fact this might be a fighter that looks like the 1/44 in the same way that the J-10 resembles the Lavi which raises questions about what Russia has been doing with its demonstrator these last few years. I fin it entirely plausible that it is a Chinese designed fighter that relies heavily on imported MiG technology (hence the resemblance) and that it falls somewhere between the F-15 and Typhoon in (airframe) capability, maybe with the long range capability of the Mig 31 thrown in for good measure. That does not make it a copy, merely a 'further development' of the basic concept of the MiG 1/44.

Anyone got any further thoughts on this or want to do a demolition job on my appraisal?

[edit on 5-12-2005 by waynos]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Haha.. I contest everything!!

I claim that the above photo is also a render!!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
my claim is that air intake would be like CARET that F-22 has used, which would lead to shock wave through by wing to slide wing like skiing

Planeman:
Did you have more clear photos?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Could be emile, but the intake geometry is not shown at all so I didn't bother trying to guess at it

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hmm, how did that happen??

double post

[edit on 6-12-2005 by waynos]

[edit on 6-12-2005 by waynos]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's 2008 now, but the plane is yet developed. rummor?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Oh, I would wager that it is far from a rumor..

Some articles in 2008:

www.newscientist.com...

www.janes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join