It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lefty Fascists Shut Down Yet Another College Speech

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This one, is a historically LIBERAL college.

Do you mean intolerant,close minded, and so insecure in their BELIEFS they can't stand a little rain?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Learningman

They should not have resorted to violence. Personally I would only protest outside, not inside. It is kind of curious though that colleges and universities keep taking money from hate peddlers. Protest should probably move to the Boards offices.

After Milo I am not understanding why Universities with a strong Liberal student body keep doing this. Surely, there are are other colleges that would have liked this speaker.

Right? God forbid anybody try to keep their university from becoming a left-wing hyperliberal echo chamber and *shudder* expose them to other ideas.

The horror, the horror.

If it is ALREADY mainly liberal, like the UC campuses and Milo, they should have known by the third one.

This one, is a historically LIBERAL college. After seeing what happened with Milo, maybe they could have booked a centrist. They pick and choose who speaks. It may have been a misstep for a liberal college in this atmosphere.
There are tons of conservative and evangelical colleges that would not have had an issue with this speaker.

On the contrary, why can't the "tolerant" left just be tolerant?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Do you mean intolerant,close minded, and so insecure in their BELIEFS they can't stand a little rain?

Nope. I don't mean that at all. If it were up to me, I would like to invite intellectually challenging speakers, in comparison to the status quo on campus, but I might avoid some that could cause violent incidents.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Learningman

They should not have resorted to violence. Personally I would only protest outside, not inside. It is kind of curious though that colleges and universities keep taking money from hate peddlers. Protest should probably move to the Boards offices.

After Milo I am not understanding why Universities with a strong Liberal student body keep doing this. Surely, there are are other colleges that would have liked this speaker.

Right? God forbid anybody try to keep their university from becoming a left-wing hyperliberal echo chamber and *shudder* expose them to other ideas.

The horror, the horror.

If it is ALREADY mainly liberal, like the UC campuses and Milo, they should have known by the third one.

This one, is a historically LIBERAL college. After seeing what happened with Milo, maybe they could have booked a centrist. They pick and choose who speaks. It may have been a misstep for a liberal college in this atmosphere.
There are tons of conservative and evangelical colleges that would not have had an issue with this speaker.

Yea....well, unsurprisingly you don't address what I said and instead just reworded what you said.

So I'll reword what I said: God forbid those supposedly seeking higher education be exposed to more than one side of a debate, lesson, or idea. God forbid they be exposed to a viewpoint they could possibly disagree with and have their own beliefs and viewpoints challenged by anybody. God forbid they have to defend their views to somebody who isn't there to pat them on the back and tell them how great they are just for showing up.

Christ, even our resident anarchist is disagreeing with you at this point. How that's not a shot in the arm for you is simply beyond belief.

Oh and ETA - nobody forced them to show up and protest the speaker. So if they were so #ing uninterested in what the speaker was there to talk about, they could've simply stayed in their dorm rooms instead of going to the event.

Novel #ing concept, I know.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I just answered that above your post.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Also extremely fascinating watching posters that decried any form of protest against their personal pet interest, come into this thread and unequivocally defend these students right to "protest".

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If only speech from one side is allowed on a campus, is that not transparent bigotry?

"big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun
noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries

intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself."

All forms of hate are based in bigotry are they not? I can't think of a case where bigotry is not hate.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No you didn't.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Nope. I don't mean that at all.

Well I did.

Modern leftism is akin to what Christianity was so many centuries ago.

Living in the dark ages, and anyone dare questioned it would get burned at the stake.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There's viewpoints and then there's pushing lies.

Pushing the idea that white Europeans genetically have superior intelligence and that homosexuality is a choice that can be cured when there's tons of scientific evidence that proves those viewpoints wrong seems just to be a method of keeping minority groups suppressed.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The violent incidents are not caused by the speakers or their supporters though, are they? Its generally those opposed, who cause the incidents of violence.

If someone says something derogatory about something I hold dear, lets say an author I love is called a 2 bit hack, and I attack them, I am the one who caused the violence. To claim it was the person with a different view is not correct or smart.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

If only speech from one side is allowed on a campus, is that not transparent bigotry?

"big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun

All forms of hate are based in bigotry are they not? I can't think of a case where bigotry is not hate.

I would think so. But if it were up to me, I would, again, pick some speakers for the year that challenged the campus status quo, but would probably not cause a protest with unknown campus safety issues.

link   

Nope. I don't mean that at all. If it were up to me, I would like to invite intellectually challenging speakers, in comparison to the status quo on campus, but I might avoid some that could cause violent incidents.

See, you're getting warmer.

You want to suppress free speech because free speech causes the left to resort to violence, time and time again. But, you continue dancing around the issue, that being, why can't the left handle opposing viewpoints without resorting to violence?

Notice liberal speakers aren't getting run off campuses because the campus republicans keep resorting to violence.

But this is the liberal mental disorder in action. The expectation, you can't and should not say anything which might offend me because I might resort to violence. It's a threat, whether acted upon or not. And it's a fascist threat, the threat of violence against opposing viewpoints.
edit on 3-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kali74

If that was the case, it would have been ridiculously easy to publicly destroy their data, and their view, in an open forum.

Would have made a much more lasting impression as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

The violent incidents are not caused by the speakers or their supporters though, are they? Its generally those opposed, who cause the incidents of violence.

If someone says something derogatory about something I hold dear, lets say an author I love is called a 2 bit hack, and I attack them, I am the one who caused the violence. To claim it was the person with a different view is not correct or smart.

You would be, but that is a situation that can't be prevented without powers of precognition.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

See, you're getting warmer.

You want to suppress free speech because free speech causes the left to resort to violence, time and time again. But, you continue dancing around the issue, that being, why can't the left handle opposing viewpoints without resorting to violence?

Notice liberal speakers aren't getting run off campuses because the campus republicans keep resorting to violence.

No. That is not what I said nor what I meant. If I was the administrator at a conservative college and picking the speakers for the year, I would pick challenging ones for some occasions, but avoid those where I thought it would cause an incident.
edit on 3-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun

To clear up the "answer" to your question: it's not bigotry when you refuse to allow somebody who's going to upset people to talk. It's not bigotry when you tell supposed adults that they don't need to behave like decent human beings, and shouldn't be expected to just not go to a speech they don't want to hear. That's not bigotry.

link   
a reply to: peck420

Your contention is that their viewpoints aren't wrong? That non Europeans aren't as intelligent and Homosexuality is a psychological disorder and that we should let debate determine which viewpoint is correct?
edit on 3/3/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

Lefty Fascists? Stop whining about an event you didn't even attend. There were protesters. People can protest.

Anarchists too? Surprised you didn't throw in commie. And terrorists too. LOL It seems you wouldn't know a terrorist if one bit you on the nose.

Protest peacefully, yes.

Assault and Threaten, no. Damage property, no. Block entry and egress, no.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It's exactly what you said.

You would decline bringing right leaning speakers as to avoid potential violent reactions. And that's what it is, reactions, as the speakers and their words don't cause violence, just as when my boss tells me to get back to work, it's fully my choice to comply or to throw my laptop at him.
edit on 3-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join