It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USPS, Postage Due, Odd

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You can take your package to your local Post Office, and they can explain it to you in person.

Myself, the other posters who have tried to explain it, the USPS website, and the USPS phone reps are not wrong. You have a package. It goes First Class Package rate. Not First Class Letter rate. Letters and Packages are different things.

You're fighting a losing battle with USPS over this. Your beef is with the eBay seller, who cheated. Yes - cheated, not made a mistake. This was intentional cheating on their part. That is where the original buyer should try and recover the $1.48.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

You can take your package to your local Post Office, and they can explain it to you in person.

Myself, the other posters who have tried to explain it, the USPS website, and the USPS phone reps are not wrong. You have a package. It goes First Class Package rate. Not First Class Letter rate. Letters and Packages are different things.

You're fighting a losing battle with USPS over this. Your beef is with the eBay seller, who cheated. Yes - cheated, not made a mistake. This was intentional cheating on their part. That is where the original buyer should try and recover the $1.48.

No phone rep has told me I was wrong. The first one I talked to when I called said they would investigate it and someone would call. The local rep that called me yesterday morning said she wanted more information and someone would call me on Monday. NO REPS have said anything of the kind.

If it were THAT SIMPLE, the first one would have said what you did.Right?

I already have a support ticket and they are calling me back yet again as they seem to not be sure. Why do I go to the post office with it if they are telling me to wait for a call?

I am not fighting anything. No rep has told me it was correct. Not sure why you are saying I am fighting or battling.
edit on 5-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I am waiting for their explanation. You seem to want to argue with me. I will post the answer when they give it.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

No phone rep has told me I was wrong. The first one I talked to when I called said they would investigate it and someone would call. The local rep that called me yesterday morning said she wanted more information and someone would call me on Monday. NO REPS have said anything of the kind.

If it were THAT SIMPLE, the first one would have said what you did.Right?

I already have a support ticket and they are calling me back yet again as they seem to not be sure. Why do I go to the post office with it if they are telling me to wait for a call?

I am not fighting anything. No rep has told me it was correct. Not sure why you are saying I am fighting or battling.

I am waiting for their explanation. You seem to want to argue with me. I will post the answer when they give it.

"Fighting a losing battle" is an expression common in the United States. What it means is basically "trying to do/accomplish something when there is no chance of success." It does not refer to an actual fight, or battle. It's just an expression.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I live in the US. That phrase doesn't apply to looking for an answer. Where do you live?

If there was an easy answer, the first person would have given it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You've been given the answer. Over and over again. It just isn't what you want to hear. Here's your OP:

The mailman knocked on the door today. He told me I had a package with postage due of $1.48.

Note how the carrier said you had a package not a letter. And again here, your own words confirm you have a package:

This is an envelope containing a rigid object.

Rigid = package

I do have to say this has been the most fun thread. Despite all manner of explanation from several sources, you continue to deny you have a package.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I received the call back from the local post office today. I am told that it is technically a parcel, but at 1.5 oz in an envelope that is if normal dimensions, and not more that 1/4" thick they usually don't differentiate. On top of that, even for parcel rate, they determined that the total of what the sender paid and what I paid was too much, whether parcel or envelope containing a rigid object by almost $1.00.

She said if they did that all the time, they would end up trying to collect postage due on every thick or musical greeting card which is much too time consuming, that mail would just not move.

They are sending me a refund of $1.48. They said it should have been caught at the originating post office and sent back to the sender postage due.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I do have to say this has been the most fun thread. Despite all manner of explanation from several sources, you continue to deny you have a package.

I did say that based on your definition, it is a parcel. But the online postage calculator includes the option to click 'contains rigid item', which automatically converts to parcel rate. That rate did not match what was written as due on the envelope.
It was much lower.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

They are sending me a refund of $1.48.

I think you spent more of my tax money than you got in a refund so please endorse that paltry check over to me and include an additional $12.76 for further services rendered.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I had someone do that to me. I spent a pretty penny on someones independent sales thing for nail wraps, and they sent me a "prize" of a bunch of different nail things for spending so much money and winning the little competitions......

Tell me why I had to pay the cost of the package when it arrived. She didn't put a single stamp on it.

Needless to say I never bought anything from her direct sales business again. I spent a lot of money for her and she couldn't be bothered to pay under 3 bucks to send me a "prize"

-Alee

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join