It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening and Bizarre Soccer Injury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was watching the atletico Madrid game yesterday and something both frightening and bizarre happened.

Here is a link with a complete break down of the ijury incident. Be warned that the scenes in the video in that site are disturbing:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Player Fernando Torres went to head a ball and as soon as he headed it, another player hit him from behind.

Torres seemed to lose consciousness midair as he fell limp, did not stick his arms out to break his fall. Subsequently he hit his head fairly hard on the turf too.

One of his teammates immediately rushed to him and did something kind of odd. He literally grabbed his face and seemed to be holding his nose? Other players rushed in also holdig his face/nose. Theyre saying they were keeping his tongue in place to prevent swallowing so he may have been seizing although i couldnt see him convulsing.

Within seconds many players were urgently signaling medics including the referees. Players were quite literally panicking and some were even crying it was horrific. Some players also said they heard a crack sound when he collided mid air.

Torres was given immediate medical attention on field and was taken on a stretcher to the hospital with a neck/head brace.

Here's where it gets bizarre and kind of awesome.

The club was first saying that Torres suffered a traumatic brain injury.

By the end of the night, however, Torres was conscious and even tweeted a very positive and coherent tweet saying hes ok and that it was just a scare!

They also performed a neck and brain CT scan and found nothing wrong!!

Torres was released this morning from the hospital and he seems to be doing well, thank goodness!

From what I saw to his condition now, seems like a bloody miracle; Im glad Torres is doing ok now.

edit on 3-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

One of his teammates immediately rushed to him and did something kind of odd. He literally grabbed his face and seemed to be holding his nose? Other players rushed in also holdig his face/nose. They're saying they were keeping his tongue in place to prevent swallowing so he may have been seizing although i couldn't see him convulsing.

I don't know about "holding his nose" part, if a spine injury is suspected you want to keep the head still so he doesn't make it worse by trying to get up or turn his head.

If they heard an audible crack they might have thought his spine was compromised...
edit on 3-3-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Without a doubt. And correct, I was a lifeguard for 5 years, you have to be really careful with suspected neck/back/head injuries.

He did hit his face on the ground so i thought he may have broken his nose too.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Site was too slow in loading the video...here it is on YT:

Head injuries can happen in sports for sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Soccer is more dangerous than what people think. Didn't the opera singer Andrea Bocelli go blind from a soccer injury at age 12?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
its f'ed up the opposing manager seemed to be worried about time and substitution when everyone else was showing a bit of compassion and concern... what a twit.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Looked like he was knocked out due to a concussion and the players were worried about him biting his tongue.

Doesnt seem that bizarre to me .

Watch any videos of UFC fighters being knocked out or hockey players..Not dissimilar.

In this hit Scott Stevens levels Paul Kariya who is clearly knocked out..HIs body seizes 2 and his arms take a common pose when knocked out. The initial thought was he was severely injured and would be out a long time. He came back, finished that game and scored a goal.

join