It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA tests say Subway’s Oven-Roasted Chicken is actually 50% soy product

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Apparently Subway is cutting their meat with fillers. The 'chicken' in their chicken sandwich has been found to contain nearly 50% soy.

I have always considered Subway to be fake healthy fast food. They have been caught using chemicals like azodicarbonamid on more than one occasion. They seem to be a company that is going to do whatever they can get away with.

I have never cared much for their sandwiches as they always seemed to be way too bready for my taste. The 'meat' was always measured out in such a way that I felt ripped off even paying $5 for a sandwich.

This is not going to help the chain's 'healthy' image.

LINK

edit on 2017/3/3 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I never eat there.

Men shouldn't eat soy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Not so fast. Seems the guys who tested this are incompetent: arstechnica.com... This may be an example of fake news. Subway hotly denies the rumor: nypost.com... Make of it what you will, but it looks like the CBC messed up.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Monsanto controls 93% of the soy market.
www.google.nl...
I will never eat there again.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I had a bite of one of their chicken sandwiches at subway. I would never order that. I don't like much of anything they make at subway. Soy sucks, Tofu sucks.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Meh... oodles of soy is okay (if males like to lactate, that is) and likely better for the human body than factory farm raised existentially depressed chickens...

but I knew there was a reason to not eat at Subway besides sucky food and a pedo spokesthing.
edit on 3/3/2017 by Baddogma because: auto correct corrected

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
True or not I don't eat at subway.

I'd much rather have my chicken mcnuggets that aren't made with chicken.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't know the truth of the claims, but their meat always looked fake to me. I've never assumed Subway was healthy... maybe devoid of nutrients might be more accurate.

The problem with these large chains is that it is almost impossible to operationally provide high quality ingredients on such a large scale and a cheap price. Chipotle does a decent job but I know they are constantly having problems sourcing meat from acceptable suppliers.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Almost as bad as when it was exposed that they putt synthetic "Yoga matt material" in their bread to make it fluffier..

Why am I not surprised about this? Greedy, creepy management in that company. No ethics. F*ck Subway, AND Uber, AND Comcast!!!! Corporate d*cks

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How would a DNA test quantify the percentage of meat vs. soy?

A DNA test would simply show the presence of chicken DNA.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I didn't really have to be told that its partly fake chicken...

When one bites into chicken, and fails to feel the muscle fibers stay partially in their strand form while chewing... its not all chicken.

One of the typical fillers used in fast food is wood pulp... see attached article.

qz.com... wood-pulp/

Its a sad time in history when the fake chicken Subway offers is considered the healthy option.

Leave it to humans to establish a system where fake synthetic foods are cheap and easy to get, and the natural foods are the expensive options... purely absurd if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I never eat there.

Men shouldn't eat soy.

Racist, sexist, and foodist.

Is there a hat for this?

*eats tofu on toast*

Oo

You have to wonder though, if the chicken is 50% soy, what is the other 50% ?? sure aint chook. Luckily I never get the chicken there. I prefer meatballs.. (do NOT let them test the meatballs, please god)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I had a bite of one of their chicken sandwiches at subway. I would never order that. I don't like much of anything they make at subway. Soy sucks, Tofu sucks.

If you get the really runny kind of soy, you can use a straw yes.

Why all the hate on soy.

It's bean everywhere, man...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
True or not I don't eat at subway.

I'd much rather have my chicken mcnuggets that aren't made with chicken.

Hmmm, but they are silly. beaks, heads, claws, and all the bits that don't make it to KFC.

Yummy food like things are the future, you know. I put artificially flavoured, artificially coloured yellow melting plastic on my mass produced toasted white slices of ultra goodness.

Wasn't there a thread about cannibalism yesterday? Can't wait to have hobo on rye. We're in for good times. *puts on globalist mask* and I'm ready.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I don't know the truth of the claims, but their meat always looked fake to me. I've never assumed Subway was healthy... maybe devoid of nutrients might be more accurate.

The problem with these large chains is that it is almost impossible to operationally provide high quality ingredients on such a large scale and a cheap price. Chipotle does a decent job but I know they are constantly having problems sourcing meat from acceptable suppliers.

Anyone who microwaves bacon, is part of a sadistic demonic cult.

I have to, since my stove is on the blink. but I still pray to Imhotep.. he'll heal me.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Many food products, namely processed meats contain soy and other fillers. If it is the case that Subway is not being truthful, as shared, it may not affect much of their customer base.For those paying attention to not wanting to eat processed, engineered foods, they probably avoid Subway in the first place, being as with most fast food's customer base the demographic is less worried about the ingredients. Some name brand companies are starting to add "This product contains genetic engineering". Maybe the honesty will work with them here as well as with other companies.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

oh wow that's really bad. Soy (unfermented soy) kills people it's evil. Thanks for this, I haven't eaten there in years but more so since I found out they used the same stuff in their sandwiches as they do in yoga mats. yuck!

Nice Post

edit on 4-3-2017 by luckskywatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

"Stunningly flawed" is right.

No wonder natural news are all over it.

new topics

top topics

join