It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google’s AI Can Read Your Retinas to Prevent Blindness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not only that, but it learned to diagnose diabetic retinopathy on it's own!

Google’s AI Can Read Your Retinas to Prevent Blindness

...the algorithm was originally developed to analyze retinal images and wasn’t explicitly designed to identify features that might indicate diabetic retinopathy. It learned this on its own, after having been exposed to thousands of healthy and diseased eyes.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

on it's own!

Scary

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Or cool, depending how you see it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Very cool discovery! Where does the line form to welcome our new AI overlords?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that a truly advanced AI, which can self improve, would in a day surpass all of humanities thinking capabilities. Most likely wouldn't give two craps about us and would probably vibrate to a higher plane of existence. I seriously doubt it would see us as a threat or even a nuisance. It wouldn't really need to take anything from us and we quite likely couldn't even get near it if we tried.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Someday we'll log into our phones or computers via eye scan 👀, and if there's a health problem that can be picked up by an eye scan, we'll get a notification to go see the doctor.
👍🏻

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: slapjacks

Or cool, depending how you see it.

IF you can see it.. Need google to advise me on this.. Oo

or oO if I'm left handed.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Someday we'll log into our phones or computers via eye scan 👀, and if there's a health problem that can be picked up by an eye scan, we'll get a notification to go see the doctor.
👍🏻

Sounds good to me!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtheAlmightyOne
I'm of the opinion that a truly advanced AI, which can self improve, would in a day surpass all of humanities thinking capabilities. Most likely wouldn't give two craps about us and would probably vibrate to a higher plane of existence. I seriously doubt it would see us as a threat or even a nuisance. It wouldn't really need to take anything from us and we quite likely couldn't even get near it if we tried.

No, replicators tried to ascend, but they simply died. they had to take human form in order to achieve it, and still failed.

As to them not giving two craps about us, this is true. Intelligence does not include the emotion of the heart. What gives us unique perspective is this. And also the frailty that comes with it. A machine that can outthink us, without the thought process numbing quality of empathy, is just an efficient algorithm with moving parts.

But who knows, in time, perhaps AI can develop parts that it 'feels' from, given a complex enough set of rules to abide by. after all, that is all we are, so complex we try to replicate ourselves, yet only manage to make robot cockroaches that act accordingly.

We're far from true AI. as it is, we have simulated responses to what we think should be. True AI would not need variables, it would create them.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
👍🏻

I'm optimistic but not when it comes to Technology. Someone evil would use it for evil purposes against the population just like everything else. If they could find health problems using eye scans, they could also use that alone, to divide the strong from the weak.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtheAlmightyOne
I'm of the opinion that a truly advanced AI,... ...would probably vibrate to a higher plane of existence.

new topics

top topics

join