It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This would explain why my cold tap water is so darn warm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In a prior post I queried: “Why is my cold tap water so darn warm?” Today my tap water temperature came in at 78 to 79 degrees, fluctuating after it was allowed to run liberally. In the past, it was as warm as 85 degrees while it is expected to be in the range of 50 to 60 degrees.

And now we have:
Study: ‘Surprisingly High’ Amounts Of Geothermal Heat Melting Antarctica

A while ago, a self-proclaimed prophet was predicting that the end of the world was imminent and would come about by a series of major earthquakes that would happen in a sequence that would circle the globe.

At that time (elsewhere on the Net), I lent a degree of credence to that prophecy by writing that the core of the earth is cooling, and, so, it would contract thus drawing the tectonic plates of the planet down to the core in a series of catastrophic earthquakes.

Someone countered that recent incidences of volcanic events indicate that the core is not cooling down but is heating up. Oh, I beg to differ.

Now, here, on abovetopsecrect dot com, I wrote that strange, unexplained noises around the world and sinkholes had a common thread: a cooling core and its contraction in volume. Well, I faced a good deal of derision with that one.

I reassert: a cooling core and a contracting core ARE responsible for increased volcanic activity as well as what I previously stated, to wit, my extra warm tap water (as is the case of a melting Antarctica), strange noises, and sinkholes.

The contracting core draws down crust material like rock and soil into the magma below. That eroded portion of the crust is melted by the magma which is still quite hot even though it has dropped in temperature. That which is melted expands thus building up pressure down below; then it results in a volcanic eruption somewhere. After that pressure is released, the core continues cooling and contracting drawing down more of the crust which melts and expands causing pressure to be released yet again by the next volcanic event. This pattern is repeated and repeated while the crust gets thinner and thinner due to the aforementioned process of erosion.

A thinner curst has less insulation efficacy, and so it allows more and more of the heat (albeit cooling) below to reach the surface of the earth resulting in warmer tap water and the melting of the Antarctic ice.

Very ominous is the melting of frozen methane deep down in the oceans; geothermal activity down below would do this thus allowing methane, a highly effective greenhouse gas to rise to the surface of the ocean and escape into the atmosphere. Also, the warmer crust is defrosting permafrost in northern climes thus releasing frozen methane AND carbon dioxide gases into the atmosphere. Also, the oceans are getting warmer thus releasing more water vapor into the air, and water vapor happens to be yet another greenhouse gas.

The warmer ground is warming ponds. Here we have a new study: Study: Rising pond temperatures could accelerate global warming

Experiments by scientists at the University of Exeter and Queen Mary University showed ponds become less efficient at absorbing and storing CO2 as they warm. Warmer ponds also released methane at an accelerated rate

Earth’s mantle is cooling, you know. Here’s a source: Earth’s mantle is cooling faster than expected

Conclusion: Scientist Guy McPherson is correct in his very grim prognosis: human civilization will collapse within 10 years. (Alternatively, he says that there will be no humans left on the face of the Earth in 10 years.)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Very well written thread, good work.

However, this does not sit well with me.

Conclusion: Scientist Guy McPherson is correct in his very grim prognosis: human civilization will collapse within 10 years. (Alternatively, he says that there will be no humans left on the face of the Earth in 10 years.)

10 years???

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Maybe someone hooked a cold water line to a hot water line somewhere in the system and you got warm water in the pipes. I have seen the water of a toilet steam when flushed. The Hot water hooked up to the toilet really made the poop in the toilet stink. Any plumbing done lately? They loop the hot water line sometimes so it is always hot and it could be that someone somehow messed up. I have only seen that once in my life, the result was warm water coming to the cold faucets throughout the house. It also could be a malfunctioning mixer valve for an outside faucet. They put those outside for warming water for the garden or for washing cars. I have one of those in my stock, I never put that on though, I got a rain barrel to fill in summer instead..

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
10 Poo I say 5 at tops and I'm pretty pessimistic. Oops I meant 5000, sorry.

And HAPPY FRIDAY!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Nice thread nice been of doom..

but short of planetary destruction I expect the species will survive... we are like cockroaches.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe someone hooked a cold water line to a hot water line somewhere in the system and you got warm water in the pipes.

Thanks for your input, but...

My hot water heater was totally on the fritz for a while, and the cold tap water was still as warm as ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I hope it's quick, I'm a baby when it comes to pain.

A nice juicy nuke perhaps to level it in one fell swoop.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What region of the world do you live in?
It's hard to imagine heated water from geothermal unless you're close to a volcano, or hot springs.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

What I think they're doing in the Antarctic, is that they are deliberately warming things up and it's going to screw up the entire eco system. Cloud Busting!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am fairly certain that your plumbing problem is from a faulty plumbing fixture acting as a mixing valve.
If there is a faucet or fixture that is hot to the touch youve found your culprit

link   
As far as the end of the world, i was kinda hoping aliens
edit on 3-3-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
What region of the world do you live in?
It's hard to imagine heated water from geothermal unless you're close to a volcano, or hot springs.

So, what are you saying... that there are volcanoes and hot springs down in Antarctica??
edit on 3-3-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected punctuation.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I am fairly certain that your plumbing problem is from a faulty plumbing fixture acting as a mixing valve.
If there is a faucet or fixture that is hot to the touch youve found your culprit

No, no faucet or fixture that is hot to the touch.

Actually, after maintenance men got the hot water heater working again, the water from it was set dangerously hot, and even this did not affect the cold water.
edit on 3-3-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Fixed spelling.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

put those outside for warming water for the garden or for washing cars.

wow, I was seriously thinking about hot water outside to wash my cars/truck... guess I am not the only one.

And as to mixed up hot/cold water lines... was talking with the plumbers/pipefitters boss a few weeks ago, he had to go fix a commercial/industrial job that had 190 degree water coming out of the eye wash stations lol... so yeah mix ups happen

Ground water should be a pretty constant temp. city water may vary i pressume but not in the 70 degree range

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Its wiki answer

but the short answer is yes there are volcanoes in the Antartic

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

No, unless you live in Antarctica. You said your cold water tap is coming out very warm. Mine is almost freezing, although it's winter in Canada. Last summer tap water was also cold.

Iceland has a lot of volcanoes and hot springs and people live there, so it would make sense if that's where you live. Or a similar place - nearby hot springs.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Is it cold coming out of the main?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: luckskywatcher
a reply to: slapjacks

I hope it's quick, I'm a baby when it comes to pain.

A nice juicy nuke perhaps to level it in one fell swoop.

Or an asteroid directly on top.
A few years ago, there was a doomsayer that suggested that all of North America would blow up from the gas and oil drilling and usage.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It all depends on where you live on Earth.
Here on Mars we have the opposite problem. Icecicles come out the hot water spigot

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

after maintenance men got the hot water heater working again, the water from it was set dangerously hot, and even this did not affect the cold water.

"maintenance men" do you live in a apartment building? i''m thinking that some regions where it gets extremely cold they have /use mixing valves where they use hot water to keep pipes from freezing. i know that some apt buildings have booster pumps to pump hot water, use to repair them. i also know some building don't supply electrical service but do supply water. that would explain them having to fix your heater.

just asking because, if you live in apt building or a house if the ground was warm enough to heat the water to 85/90 degrees there would be signs outside that the ground was that warm.
edit on 3-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join