It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Upoming health care reform

page: 3
16
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
I wonder if we went to single payer and instituted a health-care tax on businesses to help cover the cost. Since businesses wouldn't be shouldering the burden of dealing with insurance and all the red tape that goes with it.Something needs to be done,I just don't know what it is.


That "system" already exists.

Right now the Medicare tax is 1.45% of payroll and employers match the 1.45%. Total 2.90%







posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Both bills are DOA just like the muslim ban.



posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My biggest gripe with the ACA is the excise tax on premium coverage. And that is because this one will affect me directly. I chose a career that provided me with good health benefits. When/if this tax kicks in my coverage will most likely be lessened or my contributions will skyrocket. And I'm not monetarily rich by any means. It's pure b.s. to punish employers who provide good coverage to their employers. A lot of businesses I've read about that grant their employees top tier coverage will just drop the coverage level to avoid the tax. Employers should be rewarded for offering good healthcare, not punished.

Now I hear the Republican "Obamacare light" is just repackaging this tax and it doesn't surprise me. Maybe it would just be better to go to a single payer system. Seems like they're just sabotaging the whole thing to get to that point.



posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.



If the GOP fails to pass health care reform based on Rand Paul's plan they deserve to die out as a political party. If the GOP Congress does opt to retain a thinly disguised version of ObamaCare the road will be open to a single payer system. The fact health care reform is stalled may be a sign of Trump's presidency is unraveling from the start. Trump should be turning his efforts and sights on getting his domestic agenda through Congress and not political land mines planted by the dems and the Liberal Media.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

IMO voters will forgive the Flynn debacle and other missteps. Voters would not forgive the failure to repeal and replace ObamaCare with a workable insurance marketplace. The same goes for immigration reform , tax reform and education reform. Potholes in political roads and highways may well see Trump become a 1 term president like Jimmy Carter.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



new topics

top topics
 
16
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join