It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodnight Sarah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
One of my Great Pyrenees died last night. She was very old, almost 16. The lifespan of these dogs is 10- 12 years, but she was a stubborn old coot and held on long past her time.
She was one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever seen. She would "talk" back, [ grumble and "rowlrowlrowl" ] at you if you told her to do something she didn't want to and it was almost a running argument at bath time. She protected this family as long as she could and even after age caught up with her, she still tried.
I'm sorry that this is not an in depth tribute to her...I just don't have the will right now to write a long post.
I loved that dog and she'll never be forgotten.

Sarah Siobhan.
She was my friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm sorry you lost your friend. She looks cute.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful girl.
I am so sorry she is gone, but I bet she had a wonderful life with you.
It just sucks that they are with us for such a relatively short time, and I am amazed at how much love and comfort they give us while they are here.

Blessed be Sarah.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We come from different worlds politically, but we can find common ground on how we feel about our pets.

My sincere condolences for your loss. I have been there (a few times), so I do understand.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sorry man, that's rough. The positive is you gave her 16 years of happiness too.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Tough isn't it . I swore black and blue i would never get another dog after our max died ( cocker spaniel ) . And like your dog he could almost talk . Yes it tough .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss.

Animal friends can make the best kind of friends. But sixteen years is a hell of a long life for a dog, and its testament to your love for and great care of her, that she made it that far. My heart goes out to you.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss..

I love and trust my dog more than most humans.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A beautiful companion.

My condolences for your loss.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

She was one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever seen. She would "talk" back, [ grumble and "rowlrowlrowl" ] at you if you told her to do something she didn't want to and it was almost a running argument at bath time.

Some people think they remain with us after death, just 'hanging around'. They love it when we talk to them.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank you all for your condolences. Even though we are divorced, my ex wife and I are going to bury her together. She was a member of our family and there are just some things that go beyond being divorced. Her Dad owns a large farm, far out in the country, where she'll have plenty of room to roam, chase deer and enjoy being young again.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That's a deep, awful lingering hurt; I know-been there too-one of mine lasted 18 years-still in my heart.

Yours was a real beauty-so glad you had those 16 wonderful years. My heart goes out to you-many share your pain and you are not alone. Hang in there-it gets better.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

where she'll have plenty of room to roam, chase deer and enjoy being young again.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

RIP Sarah

That's awesome you and the ex are gonna get together and venerate her at the farm and give her a burial there. I lost my dog of 13 years back just before Xmas...it sucks but you'll always have plenty of room in your heart for her. Hope your able to properly grieve.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Rest up sweet girl.

Sorry for your loss man

-Alee

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I am so very sorry for your loss.
She was a true friend and family member.

She now frolics like a youngster with other furkids who have left this realm.

And, as my vet told us when our Emily died, you'll see her again one day.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A tough loss I'm sure, my condolences. All us dog owners(sharers) have to face that inevitable day at some point and it can never be easy. 16 years is a good span of time and I'm sure there are lots of memories and good times with her. Looks like you have another buddy there? I wish you well in the healing process and thanks for bringing this onboard and sharing. I am always honored to connect with pet people about love and loss.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Please accept my condolences, very sorry to hear about your loss.
We lost a beloved best friend 2 years ago and I still think of him every day.
And our other 3 dogs we have are a constant "in the back of your mind" reminder that we will have to go through it again someday.
My 90 year old father in law just lost his cat that had been ill this morning, not even 2 hours ago.

A good friend of our sent us this 2 years ago called Rainbow Bridge -

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Author unknown...

Although it made my wife and I cry like babies more than we did, it gave us a little peace.
I hope you can get some peace from it as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Keep your head up, David. It's tough, but think, she's probably in milk bone paradise.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how you're feeling, we lost two loving dogs over the span of time. Unless someone owns a dog, they truly don't realize the closeness and bond we have with them. They bring us laughter, love, comfort and protection. Many of us humans don't even possess all these traits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join