It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are these turkeys doing ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I just came across this story with a video . It's the strangest thing I have seen in a long while. The short video is a guy filming a bunch ( flock ) of turkeys circling a dead cat in the middle of the road.
Speculation on what they are up to is varied but I've not seen an explanation that makes any sense. Perhaps the American ats members may have experienced this before. Any thoughts ?
Sorry I'm on my phone and not sure how to post the video but the video and story are at the link below.

dailym.ai...
edit on 3-3-2017 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

It's a CAT, not a car and they are Vultures, not just turkeys.

The clue was in the stories title.

Seems the D.M. is making the whole world lazier.
edit on 3/3/2017 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

This is the Vulturous Cult, performing their death dance ritual around their sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Vultures would make more sense but the story says turkeys. I can't make them out too well on my phone.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Follow the leader? Class is in session.

I've witnessed crow funerals, this is different.

edit on 3-3-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

It's a CAT, not a car and they are Vultures, not just turkeys.

The clue was in the stories title.

Seems the D.M. is making the whole world lazier.

These are indeed Turkeys. Vultures have feathers on their neck. Plus, looks like one of the turkeys has a small beard.
Odd behavior nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I raise Turkeys, and those are Turkeys, not Vultures. Not even Turkey Vultures. They are really curious creatures, and very protective of their hens when they are in the egg laying season.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

HA ha , love dead cats ,and why .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Thanks for that. So it seems they are indeed turkeys.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

HA ha , love dead cats ,and why .

I gave you a star.
I will assume that everyone that didn't give you a star hates budgies, sugar gliders, possums and every other small indigenous mammal and amphibian in Australia.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
They are turkey vultures. We have them by the hundreds here in Cambridge Ohio

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That is the most curious thing. Can turkeys sense death? Perhaps they have some electromagnetic sensor like migratory birds do?

I wonder if humans copied witnessed animal behaviors.

(funeral circle, Indonesia)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Turkey Vulture

Wild Turkey

Really these are wild Turkeys.

link   

The article even states one person thinks they are likely sizing up whether the cat is still a threat.
Birds like turkeys have their eyes on the sides of their heads, they're not predators so they look at everything side on.

I'd say the best explanation is this. Plus strength in numbers means if they had to, there'd be enough of them to overwhelm the threat and defend themselves.

link   
OMG People

They are real Turkeys, and it says in the story, that they are making sure it is dead.

Which makes sense. As the males can be very aggressive when the hens are around. I've been chased. While they come off as dumb birds, they can be mean and smart.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I gave you a star. I will assume that everyone that didn't give you a star hates budgies, sugar gliders, possums and every other small indigenous mammal and amphibian in Australia.

Amazingly cat owners here in Australia refuse to believe their cat/s are capable of killing the native animals . Cats , foxes , cane toads , starlings . minah birds , rabbits , the list goes on . We have made a damn good attempt at screwing our country in a very short time . Quite ashamed really as an Australian .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Now this gets me thinking....
I might be able to lure in wild turkeys using dead cats as bait...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think people might be confused because the domestic Turkeys have been bred to grow larger.

Two of my Toms, notice the full sized Dodge Ram in the background? My turkeys are huge compared to the wild ones.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I gave you a star. I will assume that everyone that didn't give you a star hates budgies, sugar gliders, possums and every other small indigenous mammal and amphibian in Australia.

Amazingly cat owners here in Australia refuse to believe their cat/s are capable of killing the native animals . Cats , foxes , cane toads , starlings . minah birds , rabbits , the list goes on . We have made a damn good attempt at screwing our country in a very short time . Quite ashamed really as an Australian .

Cats and rabbits have certainly caused a lot of damage to your native species and the environment. Sad.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm coming to you next holiday season
We can scour the motorways for roadkill - it'll be great!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join