It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This will be the end of the EU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: crazyewok
I have not had a single regret at voting for brexit and this is why.

Not one regret?

You happy you are going to have to pay for a new driving licence and passport?

The possible break up of the United Kingdom?

Weak sterling and possible trade tariffs from our biggest trading partners we are so close too in a geographical sense

Dont get me wrong I do understand why people voted to leave but we all could be up the creek with no paddle as our historic country's past is torn apart leaving us isolated

You guys arent isolated at all,
Aussies, Kiwis and Canucks all think of the UK fondly and would have your back.
Im almost certain you could include the Yanks as well.

Ive always wondered why the 5 main English colonised and speaking countries didnt do something like the EU?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

We are isolated by distance mate but I see your point,we have your back and you have ours when it is needed

Just a shame that the United Kingdom might break away

Scottish politicians want another referendum and this time they might actually sever ties with us and perhaps Wales might follow in the near future

I know a fair few on this board will say fk the Scots but they have made us stronger in the union and it would a shame to end it all due to mainly imergration issues by many

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Europe survived ww2, also the black plague, but hey if a propaganda american outlet tell us its all over, no need for logic.

What is your counter-logic to the argument that, if all Countries in the EU are going to be required to issue Visas to anybody, from anywhere, who can claim they might be "subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.” - that there are a lot of Countries that are going to want to get the #$% out of the EU before they are totally overrun by people (think of last year's million person "migration" to the EU as a tiny appetizer to what this would unleash).

Note the word "or"...

If I am living in any Country in the World, according to this, and make the claim that I am being degraded in own Country because...I am black/white/yellow/brown/Christian/Muslim/gay/straight/short/fat/a Star Trek fan - anything. Or, I have committed a crime, and the living conditions in my Country's jails are "degrading" or "inhumane"...especially because I am a rapist/pedophile/drug dealer/murderer/member of a terrorist organization.

So, you must give me a Visa to come to live free in Europe.

If this did not spell the end of the EU, then the member Countries who elect to remain deserve the complete disaster that awaits them.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I just saw on the news five EU countries are considering ending American non-visa travel.

This is getting ridiculous beyond belief. Blocking American travel and opening borders to jihad.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Europe survived WW2 all by themselves? I'm confused. Somewhere in grade school, highschool, and in A IT in the Marines I was taught America went and fought WW2. Something about hundreds of thousands of our soldiers, thousands of aircraft, most of our Navy, and a couple atomic weapons to end it. But maybe I'm confused, and NATO countries don't really depend on the American military to keep it safe..... Yeah, Europe is real secure all by themselves.
Wow.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Consider the source.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Europe survived WW2 all by themselves? I'm confused. Somewhere in grade school, highschool, and in A IT in the Marines I was taught America went and fought WW2. Something about hundreds of thousands of our soldiers, thousands of aircraft, most of our Navy, and a couple atomic weapons to end it. But maybe I'm confused, and NATO countries don't really depend on the American military to keep it safe..... Yeah, Europe is real secure all by themselves.
Wow.

Oh, so the USA ended WWII?
Tell that the russians and the other allies of that time...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I am Russian/German , born in America, served in America. I have family that literally fought against each other during WW2. You should read the letters that we have from family during 41-47. It's very revealing who did what for whom.

So whom of our allies was it that was handed surrender paperwork? And by whose count did any country have more direct involvement and commit more forces and equipment than the U.S.?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Ive always wondered why the 5 main English colonised and speaking countries didnt do something like the EU?

Well there is Five Eyes.... but yeah, that is nothing like you are suggesting. What a great idea, a union of Anglophone countries. We are indeed bound culturally and historically... an interesting thought!

edit on 3 3 2017 by Yarrow83 because: Layout issues

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
And by whose count did any country have more direct involvement and commit more forces and equipment than the U.S.?

Erm......Russia.

Not to down play the USA part but other countrys played just as much a role.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I just saw on the news five EU countries are considering ending American non-visa travel.

This is getting ridiculous beyond belief. Blocking American travel and opening borders to jihad.

I'm surprised, that you're surprised at stupid unreasonable dic-tats emitting

from the antiquated, bloated corrupt entity that is the EU

But hang on in there its unraveling .......

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It's a house of cards falling apart and Britain has a strong hand yet to show.
I just wish May had accepted the Lord's ammendment and pushed the holier than thou line to the EU.
They would look like a bunch of #s to the world if they then tried to threaten settled Brits living in Europe.
I think she missed a chance to play a political blinder there.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Italy about to financially collapse. Few weeks left, get rid of Draghi from ECB or the whole EU goes with it!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86
It's a race to see if Italy or Greece will collapse first. Once one falls, the other will follow soon after, and then everyone will be saying how smart the UK was to vote for Brexit. And the second Scottish independence referendum will be quietly cancelled.
edit on 28-3-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Can you point me to any recent news about the economies of Italy or Greece that support your statement? I would greatly appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
European debt crisis: It's not just Greece that's drowning in debt
Here's an article from The Telegraph, from last month. Greece, Italy, Portugal, Cyprus, and Belgium all have debt loads that exceed their annual GDP.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

And right now British money is still helping to prop it up.
Interesting times ahead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join