It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senator Threatens Citizen With Arrest If They Continue Asking For A Town Hall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why would he meet with 500 fake supporter activists when he represents the vast majority of voters who voted for him?

Because it's his job? Can you show in his job description where it says he only has to meet with people that are ready to kiss his butt? The way I see it if any politician refuses to meet with their public after formal requests have been made then they should lose that job.

And Obama, or Pelosi met with a group of 500 Conservatives claiming to be their constituents but really opposed to them when? When did this cow go over the moon? When did hell freeze over?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

nah, he pissed off the squeaky wheels. The rest of us can't stand the squeaky wheels.

I'd hate to see the day that I need to actually protest something. I would likely just not do it, so i don't feel like one of those crazy eyed lunatics you see in pictures and videos.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Obama's alternative democratic party is wasting everyone's time. They are taking a page from the Tea Party playbook, but on a more autonomous drone level. The only issue these people have is that Trump won; nothing of substance. Just talking points given to them.

www.indivisibleguide.com...-chapter-four

There's not really any reason to waste everyone's money by holding a town hall when anyone can download the talking points and review them at their own leisure:

drive.google.com...

As the indivisible guide points out, the people asking for the town hall have no intention of letting the meeting operate democratically. They plan to dictate the entire event from start to finish. Fill every seat. Use the given talking points. Only accept the desired response. Rinse and repeat. Total waste of time.

edit on 3-3-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

My first thought on this was that the guy should definitely meet. It doesn't have to necessarily be a town hall, but he needs to hear the opinions of those he represents.

Then I noticed he's a Senator and my opinion changed. Senators represent their state, Representatives represent the people.

These people of Wisconsin are simply asking the wrong person for an audience, and I think he's completely within his rights to refuse.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
A government for the people by the the people guess not, these folks for get who their bosses are

Seems to be a loudmouth minority. If not, he will lose the next election.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Krazysh0t

nah, he pissed off the squeaky wheels. The rest of us can't stand the squeaky wheels.

I'd hate to see the day that I need to actually protest something. I would likely just not do it, so i don't feel like one of those crazy eyed lunatics you see in pictures and videos.

You say that, but the Town Hall of today are just partisan flipped Town Halls of 2008. The right had their turn protesting like crazy people. There were plenty of Democrats dodging Town Halls too.

Here's an article of where the Democrats accuse the Republicans of staging Town Hall protests.
Democrats say Republicans staging town hall protests

Look familiar? You might want to take a step away from the media. Pictures can be biased too.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

But isn't the State supposed to represent the people?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Aazadan

But isn't the State supposed to represent the people?

No, the people represent the people. That's what the House is for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join