It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Australia Finally Declares the End of WW2!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2002 @ 06:53 PM
link   
abc.net.au...

The war's over, Rann assures South Australians
South Australia has belatedly declared an official end to World War II, more than half a century after hostilities ended.

Premier Mike Rann says the Government has just discovered that an Emergency Powers Act put in place in 1941 because of the war has never been repealed.

"It is a quirk of history that World War II was never proclaimed at an end in this state," he said.

"The act was supposed to expire at the time that peace treaties were signed, as they were at the end of World War I.

"However, peace treaties were never signed because the Axis powers surrendered."

Mr Rann says the Emergency Powers Act was amended in 1952 so state authorities could issue a proclamation declaring World War II over.

"But there is no evidence that the proclamation was ever made," he said.

The declaration was needed to revoke extraordinary powers that were bestowed on the State Government during the war years but which now are in conflict with federal law.

The emergency powers gave the state the right to remove civilian populations from any portion of the state, to authorise the search of private premises and to ration food, water, fuel, gas and electricity.

Mr Rann says it became necessary to officially revoke the Emergency Powers Act because it was considered in breach of national competition laws.

posted on Aug, 21 2002 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's that darn Netchook's fault!

posted on Aug, 23 2002 @ 07:24 PM
link   
William One Sac,

5 years ago, a belgian commercial delegation went to South-America to sign some contracts. I don't remember what was the country, may be Honduras or Bolivia. The funny thing is it was impossible to sign these contracts, because our 2 country were in war since 145 years. In 1852, a guy from this country asked to wed with one of our princess. Our King refused. He didn't know that this guy was the son of the Prime Minister. His father was so upset against our former King, he declared the war to Belgium.

Our both country are really lucky. We have signed a peace treaty, just to be able to sign the commercial contracts.

This story is absolutely true !

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 02:26 PM
link   
can you please edit that so we can understand it? im the one from nebraska and i know how to spell....

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inspectah
can you please edit that so we can understand it? im the one from nebraska and i know how to spell....

Sorry Inspectah. I don't know how to spell it more better. I wrote in french, and used the altavista english translator, but it was worst.

I'm feeling sorry, but I can do what you asked me.

If another ATS user can understand what I means in my post, he can explain it to the others users.

Really sorry.

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thats interesting U-Phoenix. While its just a technicality, its a big one. Even though it means nothing at all in the long run, a little extra red tape, a few extra papers to push along. But it reminds me of those Japanese soilders who are and were found from time to time, still hiding in the jungles of the Pacific fighting world war two decades after the war was over.

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I live in south australia.

This is a worry.

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by quaneeri
I live in south australia.

This is a worry.

It's like in Korea ? The North-Australia is communist ?

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Thats interesting U-Phoenix. While its just a technicality, its a big one. Even though it means nothing at all in the long run, a little extra red tape, a few extra papers to push along. But it reminds me of those Japanese soilders who are and were found from time to time, still hiding in the jungles of the Pacific fighting world war two decades after the war was over.

Well, now, I have the same problem. I can understand what you wrote, but I'm not sure to understand what you mean.

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Let me see if I can explain it better to you , as I only speak english. Its like if you go to dinner with a big fat guy, and he gets a chicken leg stuck on his chin, and doesnt notice it. You really want to point it out to him, but really shouldnt either. Now do you understand?

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yes, now, I see what you mean. A good " picture ".

But tell me, you're not thinking that I'm the fat guy ?

[Edited on 27-8-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 07:39 AM
link   
No, not you, it was just an example.

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 10:49 AM
link   
what so now its the 1939-2002 war?

new topics

top topics

join