It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Gov. MIKE PENCE Used Private E-mail for Official Biz and was Hacked.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
March 2, 2017

Sound familiar? Even "Mr. Clean" (Vice President Pence) made the same mistake that Hillary Clinton did.

""INDIANAPOLIS — Vice President Mike Pence routinely used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues.

Emails released to The Indianapolis Star, part of the USA TODAY Network, in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor’s residence to the state’s response to terror attacks across the globe.

In one email, Pence’s top state homeland security adviser relayed an update from the FBI regarding the arrests of several men on federal terror-related charges.""

Full Story at: www.usatoday.com...

For using a PRIVATE e-mail address to communicate official business, should Vice President Pence receive the same punishment that Hillary Clinton received?

-CareWeMust
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Mar 2 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
March 2, 2017

Sound familiar? Even "Mr. Clean" (Vice President Pence) made the same mistake that Hillary Clinton did.

""INDIANAPOLIS — Vice President Mike Pence routinely used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues.

Emails released to The Indianapolis Star, part of the USA TODAY Network, in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor’s residence to the state’s response to terror attacks across the globe.

In one email, Pence’s top state homeland security adviser relayed an update from the FBI regarding the arrests of several men on federal terror-related charges.""

For using a PRIVATE e-mail address to communicate official business, should Vice President Pence receive the same punishment that Hillary Clinton received?

-CareWeMust

Negative...... even CNN begrudgingly admits there is a difference between a private server in your house and using a commercial email server like AOL, Yahoo, Gmail. etc.

Two totally different things

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, they should leak all his emails so we can come up with crazy conspiracies about them.

Then make threats to charge him with crimes we can't prove.

That sounds like fun.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

March 2, 2017

-CareWeMust

Negative...... even CNN begrudgingly admits there is a difference between a private server in your house and using a commercial email server like AOL, Yahoo, Gmail. etc.

Please explain how data security is any less compromised by using a commercial and public e-mail server?

edit on 2/3/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, although the law is generally interpreted to mean that official business conducted on private email must be retained for public record purposes.

Did Gov. Pence retain all of those emails for public record? I am assuming he did. I hope thousands aren't missing. That could be a big violation.....but then, we are talking about the State of Indiana. I don't know what their requirements are.

Did Gov. Pence have a home brew server in his basement that no one knew about until it accidentally was revealed? If so, that could be a criminal offense, especially if he is in a position to receive national security information. I don't know if a governor of a state would have access to that kind of high-level correspondence, however.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Or enforce the damn protocol across the board. I'm tired of this bipartisan BS that makes the parties defend their candidates.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't have a high position with a company and use private email. They require transparency to be able to identify how I problem occurred.

God forbid we require our lazy ass politicians to work more than half of the year or be held accountable for communication.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Can't we just hang them both for treason anyway. I mean that sounds fair to me.

Ya know, just to be safe. What do you say??

Can I get an Amen here people???

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sure, enforce the protocol. That sounds great.

But let's hang someone from each side too while were at it.

Really bring the message home for both sides to think about.

What do you say??? Ya with me???

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I heard he wiped his computer with a cloth.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yes! I hate the party system. That's why the politicians get away with things, mob mentality.

But don't say that after implying Hillary got a tough shake. She got an easy way out.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well, it was wrong if it is against the law in Indiana.

But if you are not going to charge Hilliary for gov secrets on her private server, you can't charge him. Hillary has set a precedent because....? She is Hilliary.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I heard he wiped his computer with a cloth.
Fake rumor .

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OMG, where is the outrage!!!! Hitlary...Hitlary.....Hitlary!!!! Benghazi! Benghazi!

But no outrage over this issue. They hypocrisy is outrageous and the right wingers' silence is deafening on this topic because we all know that right wingers put party over country.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You have no idea..

People were not angry that Hillary used public email,

People were angry she was selling the State Department using her personal server.

People are angry she wiped that server after being subpoenaed by Congress

People are angry she lied about it

People are angry Benghazi happened, US diplomats died and again, Hillary lied and tried to cover up what happened

People are angry she was doing State Department work on her personal server while using the State Department to fund the Clinton Foundation.

All of the above are illegal.

Mike Pence used personal email while governor of Indiana which - according to your article

Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts,

isn't illegal.

Only a blind fool with nothing but a 2bit grudge would even attempt to compare the two

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Well, let's go after her again for it then.

That will make it more challenging anyway. She's had time to rest up.

Let's put Hillary and Pence in the woods and we can hunt them??? Hows that sound???

Ya know, just to be safe. Ya with me???

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Or just hold our employees accountable to the rules.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: RickinVa

March 2, 2017

-CareWeMust

Please explain how data security is any less compromised by using a commercial and public e-mail server?

Example: Pence is investigated....law enforcement can go directly to AOL and retrieve all emails, deleted or not.
Hillary: there was no middle man.... law enforcement could only get the emails she allowed them to have.

As far as data security, unless your are behind a extensive government encrypted server, you are pretty much at the mercy of which ever service provider you choose..... remember millions of yahoo accounts just got hacked a couple of months ago.

EDIT: CNN makes it sound like Pences email was the only one hacked..... there were tons of AOL email accounts hacked.

www.nbcnews.com...

The company is still investigating the breach, but AOL confirmed in a company blog post Monday that "there was unauthorized access to information regarding a significant number of user accounts." Thankfully, no financial details appear to be affected. But hackers did access a trove of personal data including AOL users' email addresses, mailing addresses, contacts, encrypted passwords, encrypted answers to security questions used for resetting passwords, and some employee information.

Personally, there should be a law that ALL elected federal officials can only use a government approved email account for official emails.
edit on R532017-03-02T21:53:11-06:00k533Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R062017-03-02T22:06:03-06:00k063Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R062017-03-02T22:06:52-06:00k063Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Ya....I guess so.....

But my way sounds more exciting.

Plus, which one do you think will really make them listen???

Telling them that this is the rule and we really mean it this time???
or
Telling them if they don't do it we get to hunt them like animals in the woods???

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I get what you're doing. Now the other side got caught (again) for the same thing she did and you're eating it up. But for those of us who aren't part of a party or on the right or left, our blood boils when politicians make their own rules.

Glad you're having a laugh, you're doing a good comedic job with the situation.

I didn't laugh when Bush and Cheney deleted their white house emails, or that Colin Powell had a private email to circumvent the FOIA. And Clinton asked him what to do regarding email and we saw his response that was not innocent, it showed intent to circumvent.

So I'll bow out and let you enjoy your moment of ecstasy that you caught someone on the right slip while the whole government does what they want with the support of fan boys who are on their high horse of politics because their corrupt party is more ideological than the other.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No, you're wrong. I mean I guess you're half wrong. I'm joking around and having a laugh, but it's not partisan. I don't like Hillary any more than Pence.

I'm not having fun for catching either side at anything. I don't like either of them so I'm just having fun in general.

But it's not a Left or Right thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join