It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Racist food photography': Is social media fuelling 'cultural appropriation'?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

You know, after binge watching Hannibal the series, Madds Mickelson really made the whole cannibalism thing look kinda classy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

C'mon any time, I always cook too much. After learning to cook in my twenties working for a resort in Central Texas, I never can seem to scale down appropriately and achieve the flavor.

Right now, I'm hung up on Opa's Hatch Green Chile Sausage. Been pressure cooking them to soften the casings and putting them in everything from Cajun 15 bean chili, to beef caldo.

We will be to busy stuffing our faces to mention racism.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Wrong. Chinese use chop sticks. There are hundreds of different Asians who have never heard of chop sticks in their lives.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hmmm here's one. I've forgotten a fork once or twice at work and a lot of my coworkers are chinese so we only have chopsticks in our lunch room. Well once or twice I've had to use chopsticks to eat pasta or other non chinese food. Does this make me racist?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I don't get it, Asians use chopsticks.....

Is putting a fork next to a plate of spaghetti also racist?

But you HAVE to use them the way THEY do or you're a bad person!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Black_Fox

Can't see the irony to how abused the "your a racist card" that has been a staple since Bill Clinton's admin has become?

Now it has been reduced to to call food stylists racist for adorning food with chop sticks.
I'm more disturbed that you legitimately used the phrase "food stylist'. I'm afraid it's talking like that that's half the problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seasonal

#BlackOlivesMatter

Trump has proclaimed March as Irish-American Heritage month.

so it's #greenolivesmattermore

Lol thats ok we will just take white history like the rest of our culture 10 or 9 months out of the year.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not true. I work in liberal orgs. Identity politics HAS gone way out of hand. The extremist versions of it are no longer done small fringe. Half of my friends and colleagues have gone that direction. It's unfortunate.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What the hell is a "microaggression?" Is that an action that is like 1/100,000th as bad as yelling "you're a fart head!" at someone?

What's being discussed here is clearly not racism, it's a lack of knowledge (or lack of common sense in the case of short ribs with chop sticks.)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I don't get it, Asians use chopsticks.....

Is putting a fork next to a plate of spaghetti also racist?

No, but if there's no turning spoon to go with it, then we're no better than cave-dwelling terrorists.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Welcome to the millennial generation of overly-sensitive, pussified, panzy, snowflakes. Must be miserable walking through life with a magnifying glass looking for things to be "offended" by. They need a healthier hobby.

edit on 4-3-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

"(His) recipe for Filipino short ribs is styled with chopsticks even though Filipinos traditionally eat with spoons and forks or their hands".

My wife is Filipino. From Manila. She uses chopsticks all the time, in fact, she bought me a great pair in Manila with mother of pearl, they're beautiful.

I need to tell her to stop these racist anti filipino microaggessions.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

The over use of the "your a racist" continues.

Only someone in denial would need to say that!

I stated many times that we are all racist!
That is my experience.
We are either practicing or we are recovering.
Denial = practicing.
If you wish to refute that statement, I'm happy to discuss.
But when I include everyone in the (hardwired) racist category, that you take obvious umbrage tells me that you are in denial, and feel the need to defend.
Just saying that we are racist is not a 'judgment', but a simple observation.
We just don't all act on it.

Interestingly, the most vicious racists are those who deny being racists.

Just because we are racists doesn't mean that we are unworthy of unconditional Love!
Further, the state of unconditional Love is, ultimately, healing/assimilating, even of racism.*__-

edit on 7-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

That is my experience.
Denial = practicing.
But when I include everyone in the (hardwired) racist category, that you take obvious umbrage tells me that you are in denial, and feel the need to defend.

Just because we are racists doesn't mean that we are unworthy of unconditional Love!
Further, the state of unconditional Love is, ultimately, healing/assimilating, even of racism.*__-

Still preaching your practising/recovering racist nonsense, hey?

You are a rapist. Admit it, because if you don't then your denial is evidence that you are a practising rapist.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: namelesss

That is my experience.
Denial = practicing.

Still preaching your practising/recovering racist nonsense, hey?

Still the racist in denial, hey?

You are a rapist. Admit it, because if you don't then your denial is evidence that you are a practising rapist.

Your 'logic/justification' leaves much to be desired/fails.
But the ego is not necessarily a rational thing, especially when engaged in pathologically symptomatic behavior, such as 'denial' (and 'beliefs').

Unless you have something new to add, it seems this conversation is finished.
Please feel free to crap on my lawn (in protest), anytime, if it makes you feel less racist! That my offering of truth bothers you is a good first step to healing. What was denied becomes assimilated/ the arcane becomes the mundane! The infection denied comes to the surface...
*__-

edit on 12-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What a crock.

First it's cultural appropriation,next micro aggression and finally, just getting things wrong.

So nice of people to take the time to lecture white people on how to communicate with each other.

It's about time some folks just buggered off. No one likes a whinger. Whatever their skin colour.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just more proof that the social justice warriors have a sickness. They get off on acting like they are better than everyone else. It becomes a type of addiction, and eventually you get to the point where you are calling people racist because they use chop sticks.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
😒😧😧😧😧a reply to: seasonal
What!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join