It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Wear White to Protest Trump at Speech; BIG MISTAKE…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Democratic women in Congress thought they were going to troll President Donald Trump with a stupid stunt that backfired in a big way.

They decided they were going to wear all white to show their commitment to protecting “women’s rights.” White was the color that suffragettes wore during the women’s rights movement 100 years ago. But it’s also the chosen color of another group of people.

Before the speech, Pelosi said Democrats wouldn’t make a scene and any display of protest would be very “dignified.” Which – as BPR notes – must have meant not wearing tampon earrings or “p***y hats.”

Pertinent Link

I had thought at the time I watched the video of the address that something looked familiar. Democrats wearing white.. what memory did that jog?

Now they are saying that they wore white as a nod to the suffrage movement. Does this mean that Trump is taking away women's right to vote?

Besides the hilarious backfire meme, can anyone honestly point out what Trump is doing to take away women's rights? Anyone?

Edited to add, because the first few posters didn't click the link... the big mistake is that the last time Democrats dressed all in white is when they were the KKK.

The images are funny in the link but I'm on my dumbphone so embedding an image is a nightmare.

edit on 20Thu, 02 Mar 2017 20:19:41 -0600America/Chicago17nd2017-03-02T20:19:41-06:00pmThursdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: To fill out the content a bit

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

I don't get how it backfired, or why it is a big deal to be honest.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

Democratic women in Congress thought they were going to troll President Donald Trump with a stupid stunt that backfired in a big way.

They decided they were going to wear all white to show their commitment to protecting “women’s rights.” White was the color that suffragettes wore during the women’s rights movement 100 years ago. But it’s also the chosen color of another group of people.

Before the speech, Pelosi said Democrats wouldn’t make a scene and any display of protest would be very “dignified.” Which – as BPR notes – must have meant not wearing tampon earrings or “p***y hats.”

Pertinent Link

I had thought at the time I watched the video of the address that something looked familiar. Democrats wearing white.. what memory did that jog?

Now they are saying that they wore white as a nod to the suffrage movement. Does this mean that Trump is taking away women's right to vote?

Besides the hilarious backfire meme, can anyone honestly point out what Trump is doing to take away women's rights? Anyone?

The left's slice of cheese has completely slipped off the cracker!

All you have to do is research the things President Trump has already done to empower women....he's proactive in this regard.

Maybe they were trying to make a fashion statement in support of Hillary's hideous taste.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Maybe because WHITE is a color of surrender, when in battle.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

A group wearing all white in a show of unity?
Sounds familiar....

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I guess you should read the link I offered.

There is a twitter meme that is going wild right now because Democrats dressing all in white is not new at all.

They used to do it as the KKK.

Is the Democratic party going back to their wicked ways?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
They should be thrown in prison and go on a hunger strike! Instead they wear white lol

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Haha, that I accept and appreciate as an answer to my question.

link   
Trump got Republicans to applaud maternity leave in Congress....hates women.

Okie doke.

link   

While it's good meme quality I think we all know that's not what's happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Hillary is always dressed like a chef who yealls at her staff all the time. Dems wearing white was not a good idea in hindsight but they did the other party a huge favour. I guess that makes it okay kinda. To be honest i just laughed my ass off.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't get it either. They stated what the "White" color was for. Everyone is trying to make it about something else that also uses the color white to say they were referencing that instead. But they stated what it was in reference to already.

I mean white is also the color of purity or virginity which is why you wear a white gown for marriage. That doesn't mean they were wearing white to claim to be virgins or that they were getting married either.

People are just stupid and can't realize that using "White" as a symbol of some kind has been used to represent various things. They're too Symbol minded.
edit on 2-3-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So some idiot noticed that the women wore white and decided it's related to the Klan?
Nurses wear white. Or used to anyway. Nuns wear white, brides wear white, little girls making their first holy communion wear white.
This is so stupid I'm kicking myself for even bothering to respond to this .

Oh and your thread is a duplicate . Someone already posted the whole Klan thing the day of the speech.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

While it's good meme quality I think we all know that's not what's happening.

You might think that, but is it possible that you are not thinking too critically?

I used to do a party trick... it offended some people but my friends thought it funny.

I'm a mixed race but can pass for Irish or Cherokee depending on a hairstyle and how I dress. I found out a long time ago that it's really easy to tell a liberal from a conservative or independent. Start a conversation with them and about ten minutes in tell them that you're Native American. If they change how they talk to you, they're liberal. If they look at you like you're drunk and keep on topic, they are not. In 15 minutes ask them their party affiliation.

It always works. I've won bets with it.

So to me, liberals treat me differently because of my race. So by definition are racist. It's pretty easy to see in real life.

So tell me that the Dems are not going back to their old ways which are the same as the new... divisive, racist and intolerant of everything that is not their agenda.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
So some idiot noticed that the women wore white and decided it's related to the Klan?
Nurses wear white. Or used to anyway. Nuns wear white, brides wear white, little girls making their first holy communion wear white.
This is so stupid I'm kicking myself for even bothering to respond to this .

Oh and your thread is a duplicate . Someone already posted the whole Klan thing the day of the speech.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm aware of your political leanings so I know that you don't understand what I'm talking about. It's OK... and this is not a duplicate thread, it is about the meme response and my viewpoint on it.

Have a nice day...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yeah, I don't get it either. They stated what the "White" color was for. Everyone is trying to make it about something else that also uses the color white to say they were referencing that instead. But they stated what it was in reference to already.

I mean white is also the color of purity or virginity which is why you wear a white gown for marriage. That doesn't mean they were wearing white to claim to be virgins or that they were getting married either.

People are just stupid and can't realize that using "White" as a symbol of some kind has been used to represent various things. They're too Symbol minded.

So the KKK is a symbol now. Gottit.

They said that it referenced women's suffrage. Can you please point out where that is pertinent... you know, Trump somehow taking away a woman's right to vote?

Or do you need to read up on the topic before replying again?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

BS!! Maybe you just hang around a bunch of Racists.

I'm considered Liberal and I don't give a damn what race or background you're from and would treat you the same way I treat anyone.

I'm not saying that you haven't won a bet or two doing that. But if you think you can use that to base your entire understanding of what politics people believe in you're fooling yourself.

Other than possibly the idea that those on the Right don't give a sh*t about anyone else while those on the left often times try and respect others if that's what you mean.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Haha, that I accept and appreciate as an answer to my question.

In every thread, you'll get a few who respond directly to the question...be it good or bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21966032]GreyScale[/post
i wonder if they went out and partied afterwards.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

[snipped] White is a symbol. Not the KKK.

Ask them why it's pertinent. They're wearing white and they're women. I'm neither. So what would I know about how they feel toward Women's Civil Rights??

That's why I take their word for it. Whatever the reason is, is their reason not mine. So if that's what they say they're doing it for, then I guess that is why they're doing it.

Why can't you accept that??? Must you understand everyone's motives in doing something before you'll accept the fact that they are doing them???
edit on 3.3.2017 by Kandinsky because: Removed ill-mannered comment

top topics

<<   2 >>

join